• quiltingjaine
    quiltingjaine Posts: 5,837 Member
    Options
    Female 5’1” Age 73 years
    Started Keto WOE 7/17/17 (mid-Rnd 10)
    *Travel - no scale part of the time
    HWE 197.0 (2/2008)
    Weight on 1/17/17 174.5
    OGW 137 (set by WW 2008, WW goal 1985 was 126) UGW was 125 (HS weight 1968)

👍👍This is NOT A DIET. It’s a LIFESTYLE👍👍
    Rnd 7 167.0 to Rnd 17 155.5
    To Rnd 27 146*
    To Rnd 37 139.0
    To Rnd 47 133.5*
    To Rnd 57 131.5
    To Rnd 67 128.0
    To Rnd 77 125.0
    To Rnd 87 121.0*
    To Rnd 97 121.0
    To Rnd 107 122.0
    To Rnd 117 116.0
    To Rnd 127 117.0
    To Rnd 137 117.0
    To Rnd 147 116.0 🙌
    To Rnd 157 115.5
    To Rnd 167 119.4
    To Rnd 177 118.3
    To Rnd 187 120.0 AW 119.6
    To Rnd 197 121.5 AW 119.15
    To Rnd 207 123.5 AW 125.0
    SW RND 208 124.5 AW 125.25
    SW RND 209 124.5 AW 125.7
    SW RND 210 124.0 AW 124.4
    SW RND 211 126.0 AW 126.11
    SW RND 212 127.0 AW 126.45
    SW RND 213 126.5 AW 127.9
    SW RND 214 127.0 AW 126.37
    SW RND 215 126.0 AW 127.4

We ALL have good rounds and bad but that is part of life. Don’t stay away, stay accountable. We don’t judge, we support.-Jpv,2/13/19

What we need to succeed is a sustainable way of eating, not a DIET we go on and off.

People say keto/LCHF isn’t sustainable. I’ve been doing it for over 5 years with amazing results!

This is NOT A DIET. It’s a LIFESTYLE.

We are unstoppable not because we do not have failures but because we continue on despite them. - paraphrase of original quote by Beau Taplin

Up and down - just riding the waves of life. 🌊 🏄‍♀️ (My new mantra-3/19/22)

"Do or do not. There is no try." -Yoda

SW RND 216 127.5
    3/3 128.0 Didn’t plank yesterday due to neck strain but did do 1 15 minute “mile”
    3/4 128.5
    3/5 128.0 Eating dinner at a friend’s this afternoon. The wind continues to howl around the house!
    3/6 128.0 A great TMI after several cups of coffee. My neck doesn’t hurt today but I’m a bit leary of trying a plank again. 😢
    3/7 126.5 Day 2 of no neck pain. YAY
  • fmfdfa2020
    fmfdfa2020 Posts: 904 Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    clprieur wrote: »
    Christine from Burlington, Ontario, Canada 😊
    6th Round
    Age 53, 5’5”
    Heaviest Weight: 345+ lbs (my highest known weight prior to gastric bypass in Aug 2005)
    Weight in March 2022: 220 lbs
    Weight beginning this Round: 148.4 lbs
    Goal Weight: 145 lbs

This round's daily goals:
    1. <1500 calories 10/10 days - ☹☹☹☹
    2. 14K steps 6/10 days - 😊😊😊☹
    3. Attend work 6/6 days – 😊☹☹😊
    4. Gym/strength-training 3/10 days - ☹ ☹😊☹
    5. 7 cups fluids 10/10 - ☹😊😊☹
    6. 5 mins affirmations 10/10 days - ☹☹☹☹
    7. 10 mins meditation 10/10 days - 😊☹☹☹
    8. Iron 5/10 days - ☹😊☹😊
    9. Vitamins/supplements 10/10 days - ☹😊☹😊
    10. 60+ grams protein 10/10 days - 😊😊😊😊

3/3 – 148.4 lbs – Well, I am really pleased with my progress! I was looking back and I started these challenges on January 13, 2023 and I have lost 9.2 lbs since that time! Thanks @quiltingjaine! Considering the time of year (poor mental health + bad weather usually = annual weight gain, for me), and the fact that I am pretty close to my goal weight, this is wonderful! I am still trying to wrap my head around the fact that I am TWO HUNDRED POUNDS LESS THAN I WAS IN 2005. Like wth? That is so bizarre. So bizarre. I mean it has been a roller coaster of losing and gaining since gastric bypass, for sure, but still. And now I have a glimmer of hope of being able to maintain this weight (145-150 lbs) by just continuing to log my calories, and walking every single day. I mean, it’s a pretty simple formula. It’s not rocket science. LOL! Anyhow, honestly, if I can lose 0.8 lbs by the end of this challenge, that would mean I have lost 10 lbs in 2 months, and that is more than okay by me! 😊 You will see that I have set A LOT of goals for this round. What I did was look back over the last 5 rounds and put together every single goal I have attempted since January 13th. (I left out a goal I had originally set about calming down on ice-cream sammiches, as I have completely stopped eating those.) Some goals I have been very successful at, some I didn’t achieve even once. So, I thought that for this round I’d try to go all in and challenge myself! The only new goal I’ve added is getting to the gym. I have reinstated my gym membership and I want to get back into the habit going 2-3 times per week. Anyhow, in the spirit of the success I have had over the last few days by posting this up in the morning and then feeling like I need to live up to all the “happy faces” I’ve projected for the day ahead, I am going to give myself all happy faces above and then do my absolute best to stay the course. Let’s go people! Let’s do this!! 😊
    3/4 - 149.2 lbs – First of all: HAHAHA at myself for being so raring to go yesterday morning and then finding myself eating McDonald’s chicken nuggies and fries by the end of the day!! Like what the heck!! Where did my motivation go??? I only got 4/10 happy faces yesterday, AND I ate over 2500 calories!! Sheesh! Well, I guess you win some, you lose some. Let me try to do better today. However, I am a bit concerned because we are in the middle of another frickin’ blizzard and I am not even sure how I am going to take my dog out for pee-breaks, let alone walk him (and he is used to 1-2 hours of walking per day – pray for my sanity). It’s treacherous out there and I can see it is white-out conditions and I can hear the wind howling. So… this is going to be an interesting diet/exercise day. I don’t think am going to hit my 14K steps goal today. Wish me luck. Today is supposed to be a gym/strength training day according my schedule. I haven’t been there since before I rescued Goliath on January 2nd. This is going to HURT. Luckily my gym is just about a block away so I can walk over, if I can trudge through the snow on the sidewalks. I could use the weather as a reason to skip it, but I had planned to go today and I am really looking forward to starting up again. Because I had gastric-bypass, I am at high-risk of developing osteoporosis, so in addition to taking my supplements I am also supposed to be doing regular weight-bearing exercise to try to keep up my bone density. So it’s important to build this into my weekly schedule and stick with it. Oh, and you will see that my weight is up today. I am very close to going over the upper-level of my goal range. This is VERY motivating. I do NOT want to creep up. I need to nip this in the bud. With all your support, I know I can do it. 😊 I put in my pre-planned “happy faces” above and now I am going to post this so you all can hold me accountable! HAVE A GREAT DAY EVERYONE!!
    3/5 – 148.8 lbs – Well, yesterday was a decent day – 5/10 happy faces - and I am glad the scale is down a smidge. I did go over my calories yesterday by 330 cals, but I also walked almost 26K steps so I am not too worried about that. What I am worried about is the fact that I invited my sister, her daughter and daughter’s fiancé over for lunch today, and I said I’d order Chinese food. Now I am worried about the calories in Chinese food and wondering if I should a) just eat my Jenny Craig food while they eat Chinese food or b) try to cook us all something healthy. I am not much of a cook but I recently purchased a Ninja 13-in-one which is pretty easy to use. I’ll keep thinking about that and let you know how it goes. I mean, I know “treats” are okay sometimes, but on the other hand, I can enjoy their company and feed them healthy food instead of salty, greasy, (delicious) Chinese food which will result in a bump up on the scale tomorrow. I still haven’t been to the gym and I am actually motivated to go right now, which I think I will do, even though I feel weird about it because I have walked my dog every day at this time since I brought him home from the shelter. I feel bad leaving him behind. Also, I usually enjoy my walks with him around 4-5 AM as he is dog-reactive and we don’t run into many other dogs at this time, so it is our best walk of the day. So if I gym now and walk him later, being a Sunday morning, we will definitely run into other dogs, which is inevitable but also markedly less fun. Anyway, I am not going to pre-log my happy faces this morning, as I have no idea how the day is going to go. Obviously, I am a little indecisive this morning. LOL. Wish me luck.
    3/6 – 148.6 lbs – Well, the Chinese food lunch yesterday did not go as planned. Let’s just leave it at that. On the flip side, I am super proud of myself for getting back to the gym yesterday morning. And I am also impressed with myself for being proud of getting back to the gym instead of fixating on the fact that I didn’t do my entire routine or beat myself up for the fact that I needed to do less weight and fewer reps. I was just happy with myself for making it there. That is a HUGE improvement in my attitude and I feel like it shows significant progress. 😊 In addition to going to the gym, I also got in 23k steps. So overall it was a good day for exercise. I am a bit concerned with the fact that at some point yesterday I just gave up on logging my calories. I lost track with the Chinese food and after that things kind of went to hell in a handbasket, which is NOT a sign of progress. LOL. It is that old mentality of “oh well, the day is already ‘ruined’, I might as well eat anything and everything now, especially since I stopped logging for the day!”. It is not a wise approach, as I have learned time and time again in my weight loss journey. Er, weight-gain journey.
    3/7
    3/8
    3/9
    3/10
    3/11
    3/12

**thoughts for next challenge: journalling, Grow With Jo videos on cold days, X pages of reading, neck stretches, no devices for 60 mins before bed

@clprieur Yes,yes,yes.....I do the EXACT same thing. If I blow ANYTHING, ANY MEAL, EVEN A SNACK, the rest of the day I eat everything in site. My day also goes "to hell in a handbasket." Why I feel I have to be perfect, I have a few ideas dating back to childhood. But it's just not true. We can make one mistake at one meal and not blow the rest of the day. This is where @quiltingjaine and others use the mantra "Its not a diet, its a lifestyle". We are not going to know our calories in some restaurant foods. We are going to eat things off our "normal menu" at social occasions (holidays, birthdays etc). We are going to travel. We are going to go to restaurants. It's okay. What is not okay is when I go off the rails because of them. I, too, have to figure this out. You are not alone!

@deepwoodslady @clprieur Me too! And I don't just "blow" the day, but if I don't get a handle on it the very next day, I "blow" days/weeks. I still haven't been able to get past this mindset other than when I know I'm about to lose it, allowing myself X calories over to even 2000 - 2500, and if I don't know the exact calories, ballparking them, this way I still feel like I'm in "control." This works sometime. It's the loosey-goosey that gets me. :s
  • musicsax
    musicsax Posts: 4,290 Member
    Options
    taxgirl1 wrote: »
    Day/Weight/Comment
    3/03--235.0 Went to pilates this morning. Going out for dinner tonight with hubby, so expect weight to be up tomorrow.
    3/04--236.1 Had a great dinner last night at a Tapas restaurant. Today I went to gym and did some lifting, ran around and did some errands, and then relaxed for most of the day. Out for a hike tomorrow and lunch afterwards.
    3/05--235.6 Went out for a 6-mile hike today and then went out for brunch and dessert.
    3/06--235.8 Weight training today. I set up a gym in my basement during the height of Covid. Once the gyms opened up again, I got a membership at my neighborhood gym because I got bored of working out at home alone, but sometimes, like today, it's nice to just go down to the basement while working from home and get a workout done. Ate a salty dinner today, so won't be surprised if there is a bump tomorrow.
    3/07--235.8 Pilates this morning. Going to community orchestra practice this evening. My scale has been acting up the last couple of weeks and I got another error message today. It may be done. I do have another scale that I can use, so if I can't fix my old scale I will start using the new one tomorrow, so my numbers will probably be off with the new scale.
    3/08
    3/09
    3/10
    3/11
    3/12

What instrument do you play? 🎻🎺🎷

What instrument do you play?
  • musicsax
    musicsax Posts: 4,290 Member
    Options
    shmmm3 wrote: »
    @musicsax , I'll start posting this when I binge. It'll save me time in the daily report.

ez6xrrcaui0i.png

Today, it has been 2 DAYS SINCE LAST ACCIDENT

Love it 😅, me too.