WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2023

Options

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,885 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    The last 2 days ive woken up at 5:30 am no alarm needed..so thats good.
    Tracy and Kyle had mini splits put in.. they are electric and im sure you have seen them.on tv they are put high on the wall .and do both heat and air.. but the electric is ghastly expensive .so they run it high at night ( why I dont know ) and then when I get there ,bundle up Miles in heavy clothes and turn the heat off.
    So it gets to about 61-62
    And there house was built in the 40s and not insulated well.. Tracy puts plastic on the windows in the winter time.

Split systems? Like what's on the wall above our TV? Many Australian houses have them. Many/most Australian houses are very poorly insulated too.

But, when I use the heat, I rarely have the heat above 18C/64F.

5dlof06qm4q3.png

Machka in Oz
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,046 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies!
    It's a beautiful sunny day here. We still have to work on taxes. And yoga and aerobic walking.
    Weigh-in in two days and it should be a good one!

Annie in Delaware
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    <3
  • minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    (((hugs))) to those who need them.

Off to work in a rush this morning. Sorry not much new or different here.

8. Eat mindfully. Appreciate the taste, texture and smell of your food... I try
    Love and Blessings, Carla, in MN
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,707 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday Debbie !!!
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    🌸 🌺 🌸
  • Machka9
    Options
    kymarai wrote: Β»
    Good Wednesday,
    Allie and Machka We have a split system in room addition and one in man cave/garage. Love them! For most of the house we are propane heat, but our house is concrete slab, so couldn't justify the expense of tearing up concrete to get heat/ac. We keep the house about 64 in the winter and 74 in the summer. It seems backwards to me to turn up heat at night....I have heard that you sleep better cooler.

Dang nab it! Just deleted rest of post! πŸ˜’

Rosemarie I hope the B&B brings you some peace. Ditto what the other ladies have said. Grief is such an individual thing and various depending on circumstances and the roll that is needed at the time. We are all here for you to listen, hug, or advise.

Kim πŸ«‚

We drove about 4 hours last night. We have about 3 more hours to go. DH said pick a nice hotel.....I picked one not so nice but cheap. Only needed it to sleep a few hours. The first room had a king bed, but was disgusting 🫣 They graciously moved us to another but has double beds. Pet pee carpet or smoking room that was clean.....I will take residual smoke! Slept okay even if bed was a little crowded. I didn't spend $100 + on a room. So wasn't expecting the Ritz.

OMG! I seriously am trying to be patient here. I would have been on the road an hour ago, but DH isn't ready yet. Have been up 2 hours. He just doesn't function until he has used the bathroom at least twice. I would really like to be on the road in the next hour. I wonder if he will be ready-smh. This is why we didn't just leave this morning. Want to be at brother's around noon so could have left at 5, but DH would have to be up at 230 to get ready- grumble. Upside, I get to catch up with you!

So coronary cta went fine. No problems found. The only downside is my skin reacted to the heart probe patches and bandage tape at IV site. Itches badly this morning in 5 spots. I am hoping I don't react to the heart monitor adhesive. My heart rate is definitely responding to the medicine. Down to 55. Will have to keep eye on it. Not sure what next step is but followup with heart doctor is the 21st. I will surely keep you posted!

Much love complete with many hugs!

Kylia
    Currently in Pennsylvania

Smoking is still permitted in hotels??

I think I would have gone with Option 3: another hotel or the car!

M in Oz

• Machka9
    Options
    I do like having plants because our winters are so long here it is nice to have green. Yesterday I also bought a bouquet of daisies for $5.99 and split it into three bouquets to spread about the house. Between having both plants and the flowers it really helps me through the winter. I have a number of plants at son's house too! I bring in some of my annuals too that will give me some blooms over the winter. Geraniums and Lantania are two of them.

Yes plants and pets are work, but they also give back. They also do not argue and appreciate whatever care you give them. With DrewB I have met so many nice people on my walks who I would have not met otherwise. I sleep better with her at my side too.

We have plants inside and outside and I enjoy them. :)

I have found that summers feel longer and more enjoyable since I started spending time in the garden.

And of course we love our Rhody.

M in Oz
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,118 Member
    Options
    Debbie
    πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‚πŸ₯³Happy Birthday πŸ₯³πŸŽ‚πŸŽ‰

Machka
    πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‚πŸ₯³Happy Birthday πŸ₯³πŸŽ‚πŸŽ‰

I hope you both have a fantastic time Celebrating your Birthday!

πŸ’•Mary from Arizona/Minnesota
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,707 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday πŸŽ‚ Machka !!
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,046 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday Debbie and Machka!

Heather your pictures are marvelous. You are very talented!

Annie in Delaware
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options
    Heather - your latest paintings are superb! The color and detail on the flowers are beautiful, and the swing dancers are energetic. Bravo! :(

Debbie and Machka - wishing you both very Happy Birthdays <3

Annie - glad you got your bike set up. Sounds like you have a lot planned today - good luck on the taxes and the weigh-in. ;)

Kylia - glad to hear the heart medicine is working! Sending good thoughts the rest of your trip will be fine and no more challenging hotel rooms.

Lanette B)
    SW WA State
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,492 Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    The very happiest of birthdays to you, dear Debbie!

And also to you Machka in Oz where it's tomorrow already ;)

More later,
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif

• 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    DEBBIE & MACHKA

d0xhnbl5tydj.png
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,216 Member
    Options
    1550943hhhmo6gtcl.gif

Machka and Debbie. :D

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,923 Member
    Options
    1978896mv7bedbgri.gif

<3 to Machka and Debbie and the several others I missed earlier in the month