Daily Accountability Challenge!

Replies

• Janene5
    Janene5 Posts: 45 Member
    @sista67 welcome. you've found a nice supportive positive group.
  • pamperedlinny
    pamperedlinny Posts: 1,548 Member
    I hit a big goal today. Back in 2020 I had hit my lowest ever adult weight. We all know how things have been since 2020. Today I hit that exact weight again. So now I can really look at my next goals.

I'm 15 lbs from my real goal. It would be great to go lower, as my goal is still in the "overweight" BMI catagory, but I'm not pushing myself to go lower. If it happens, wonderful. If not, as long as I can maintain that weight, it's still perfect.

It's a big deal for me. Since I put on 100 lbs in under a year when my hormones went nuts at 18 years old I've never been this low... except for about a month in 2020. My PCOS hit hard when it manifested and it took years to figure out what had happened to my body. Why different diets didn't work. Why I was suddenly pre-diabetic. All of the things happened when I was pretty young. I'm 40 and am just a few pounds away from being "overweight".

Now to remember that celebrating with food is a bad thing. :D
  • Janene5
    @pamperedlinny Congrats!!! That is big! I also broke a landmark today. I'm soooo close to being in "One"derland I can taste it!

1 broke my plateau today. And I didn't give up.
    2 a friend who likes to bring me biscuits at work said she would bring a salad for lunch next week. My resolve is showing to others.
    3 said no to regular dinner and had something light without offending hubby!

Have a Great day y'all 😀
  • Janene5
    edited March 2023
    1. I hit 20lbs lost!
    2. I hit 20lbs lost!
    3. I hit 20lbs lost!
  • pamperedlinny
    Good morning all!!!!

My three positive things for yesterday:
    1) There was a possible threat near my daughter's school so I brought her home early. I love getting to spend time with her, even if it started as a bit of a scare.
    2) I did give in on a candy bar and some chips yesterday (obviously, my daughter was home and snacking). However, I still stayed within my calorie range.
    3) I got to my Zumba class last night and felt so much better once I got moving.

My neighbor, whom I normally go walking with at lunch time, had a birthday on Saturday and it’s raining today…. That means we’re going out to lunch instead. I was already checking out Panda Express nutrition sheet and realized I can get a kids meal without feeling like I’m going overboard at all. For 300 calories I’m going to have some broccoli beef, rice, veg, and apple chips. Plus it’s cheaper than a big plate.
    6vajda3zwrtb.png
  • pamperedlinny
    Happy Saturday!!!

Yesterday my 3 positive things were
    I stuck to my lunch plan
    I enjoyed playing games with my daughter
    I finished my 2 week step goal with way better
  • pamperedlinny
    It's Sunday and it got quiet on here again.

However, I'll still post my 3 positives for yesterday.
    1) I went to a friend's house for a sales party with a company I actually needed things from. I lived getting to hang out with some fun ladies.
    2) Went to the Winter Jam concert with friends and my daughter. Had a BLAST!
    3) Stayed in my calorie boundaries even with the events!
  • sista67
    sista67 Posts: 23 Member
    Wow, you all did so great!!!!!! Wicked proud of u all, you go!!!
    Me, well almost polar opposite. Got into a funk. Slowly working my way out. Been logging consistently and reading and commenting on at least one thread. Hearing that you all are doing so well helps. Bit of a mental kick in the butt. Thanks for sharing.
    I'll make it, I've been here before. Sucks
  • pamperedlinny
    @sista67 We all have funks sometimes. Glad to hear you're working your way out. I find that the more often I check in on the threads, the better I do. That accountability and that ability to see others are struggling or succeeding helps me not feel alone in the journey. I'm on 4 additional threads and do the Hogwarts challenges. It's a lot to check in on but it keeps me motivated to have these going.

Yesterday didn't go as planned at all, but that was because it was better than planned!
    My three positive things:
    1) I went out with 2 friends for lunch. I pre-planned what I wanted to order. One of these ladies is one of my closest friends and the other was someone I am just getting to know.
    2) My "going out for maybe 2 hours after church" turned into 9 hours out with my new friend! When the lady that I'm close with went to work we kept hanging. We went into Ollie's, ran down to Home Goods (she had never been in Home Goods), kept just poking around some discount stores all on the same strip of road. Kept talking in the car. It was amazing. She is definitely one of my new favorite people. I'm so happy to be friends with her now! Those 9 hours felt like a third of that time. It just flew.
    3) Since we were out so long, we also got dinner. Since that was unplanned I had to pick something on the fly. It was Mexican so I almost ordered things I know I shouldn't have. I mean, who doesn't love burritos or taquitos or all the things covered in cheese? However, I'm so glad I kept to my boundaries. I ordered the carne asada dinner.... thin but juicy pieces of steak, grilled spring onions, grilled jalapenos, grilled cactus, shredded lettuce, pico.... I didn't even need the tortillas, rice or beans. It was amazing! Putting it all together really did give the perfect bite. It's a new favorite for sure.
    myjp4oqdiwk5.jpg
  • pamperedlinny
    Happy Tuesday!

My 3 positive things for yesterday.
    1) My daughter had a friend over all day. I love hearing her giggling and enjoying friends.
    2) I stayed within all my food boundaries. I actually considered having more desserts or just ordering food out because I was tired, then I stuck to my boundaries. Dinner was actually really good and used up leftovers we had in the house.
    3) I finished my book that I had been reading and started another. I love checking books off my TBR pile.
  • pamperedlinny
    Quiet again on this thread. I'll still keep posting my 3 positive things for yesteday though:

1) My team won at trivia.
    2) I had some pizza on pi day without killing my calorie allowance.
    3) I got to see my daughter run, play, and just have a great time with a friend at the tea shop. She even got a special prize for being a helper.
  • luciebrucie
    luciebrucie Posts: 119 Member
    I’ll join you as I really want this thread to continue :/
    Yesterday -
    1) got back on track after a two day binge
    2) reconnected with a friend and went on a long walk together
    3) my lavender 🌱 seedlings are up
  • pamperedlinny
    @luciebrucie Welcome!!!!

My three positive things yesterday:
    1) I had a minor binge for about 40 minutes... then brushed myself off, logged it all, and still finished the day inside my calorie range.
    2) I made it to my Zumba class on time.
    3) My daughter told me about a bunch of stuff at school and was pretty happy and bubbly. I love when she's that happy with her day.
  • luciebrucie
    @pamperedlinny - nice 😊
  • DawnCumm
    DawnCumm Posts: 212 Member
    Weekly check in for me. Will be hit and miss until April. Doing ok but could be much better. You all are doing so well!!! Congratulations! My three for the week 1) exercising well and increasing my weights and repetitions. 2) eating ok so not a win but a didn’t completely go off the rails. 3) getting ready for a vacation and a dress I have never worn finally fit well. Yay!!!
  • luciebrucie
    👏 good for you.
    1) I ate most of my daily calories at lunchtime, so managed to skip dinner!
    2) went out for a long walk in the afternoon
    3) I didn't have a glass of wine, even though I really told myself I deserved one lol
  • DawnCumm
    DawnCumm Posts: 212 Member
    Wow, I need to learn how to talk myself out of a glass of wine. Well done!!
  • pamperedlinny
    Hey all! Sorry I didn't check in over the weekend. It got busy.

Saturday night was 80s trivia:
    1) I stuck to my calories and only had 2 drinks
    2) Our team came in 1st place!!!
    3) Really enjoyed having time out with friends.

Sunday I just felt so tired and out of it... plus my daughter had a million check ins.
    1) Enjoyed seeing people on church
    2) Got to squeeze in a nap
    3) Made a really good pot roast in the crock pot
  • luciebrucie
    1) regular weekly breakfast with my dad
    2) cold but beautiful sunny day
    3) long-distance chat with my daughter who had been MIA for a bit