Pregnancy - September 2011

Options

Replies

• jsmith2377
    jsmith2377 Posts: 208 Member
    Options

***As for me.....I'm 6 weeks pregnant today "yay" :drinker:
    Being having that moring sickness "nausea" really kick into gear...:grumble:
    Hope everyone has a great weekend...:glasses:

Congrats on the 6 weeks but not so much for the nausea!
  • StaceG1986
    Options
    Just a quick post to let you all know Soren came into the world at 10 am today. I'm doing well, but he's so sleepy it's hard to get him to breastfeed.
    Will post more later

Congrats! :flowerforyou:
  • StaceG1986
    Options
    caperfae- thats so good that your feeling awsome, hopefully it'll last right to the end :smile:

pinkprincess-welcome :flowerforyou:

Elizabeth- I hope the contractions stop for you, did your doc have anything much to say about them?

Julz- what did the doctor mean by "soft"?

AFM:
    wow did i have a crappy food day yesterday! It started with a big mac combo for lunch, steak for dinner and then ice cream for dessert! I'm feeling physically ****ty today as a result but oh well. my appetite has just been so huge lately! I've been reasonably refrained most days but its getting harder to be :ohwell:

I ordered some gorgeous clothes of amazon yesterday (for a reasonable price) and also recieved a package from a relative full of sheep-skin goodies for baby. It feels like Christmas when they arrive in the mail! :laugh: I went to my breastfeeding class yesterday and it was great. It was good to see videos of woman feeding their babies and studying the different types of holds that they had, I was proud of my fiance' for coming with me (he turned out to be the only male there). They also gave us freebies which included gel pads, lanolin etc. score!

I was having trouble expressing my colostrum like my doctor has asked me to do (she wants me to get out at least 10 drops per nipple per day). To my surprise my fiance' wanted to give it a go (he had seen the doctor do it) and he was amazing at it!! he had it literally shooting out of both breasts with the first squeeze. he then proceeded to teach me what to feel for, feeling very pleased with himself :laugh: I am now able to do it by myself and am finding that the breast that used to have my nipple piercing is producing alot, do u think this is a coincidence??

I'm glad I read this, I used to have a nipple piercing (over 3 years ago it came out now) and was wondering if it would be ok for breastfeeding?! I still have quite a scar on it where either hole was.
  • mukie89
    mukie89 Posts: 99 Member
    Options

I'm glad I read this, I used to have a nipple piercing (over 3 years ago it came out now) and was wondering if it would be ok for breastfeeding?! I still have quite a scar on it where either hole was.

I was also worried about this, especially because the holes have never fully healed over. But looks like it will be fine, and maybe even better than fine! I didnt take my ring out until about the 5th month of pregnancy and i wonder if the subtle stimulation of having it in there has contributed to the extra colostrum i seem to be able to get out of the left breast. who knows :laugh:
  • chelledmal
    chelledmal Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Congratulations Julz! I'm so happy for you!
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options

I was also worried about this, especially because the holes have never fully healed over. But looks like it will be fine, and maybe even better than fine! I didnt take my ring out until about the 5th month of pregnancy and i wonder if the subtle stimulation of having it in there has contributed to the extra colostrum i seem to be able to get out of the left breast. who knows :laugh:

When I was pregnant, my left boob produced way more colostrum (my boobs started leaking when I was like 16 weeks pregnant). Now my right boob produces like 2x more milk than my left. :huh: And despite producing colostrum so early in pregnancy, I have a super low milk supply (I have to supplement 50%). Very weird.
  • Scorpiomom222
    Scorpiomom222 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    Ugh! I was nesting so hard today that I cleaned and scoured the house for FOUR HOURS!!! I'm so tired and sore now. My heart rate monitor said I burned 909 calories. I ate twice in those 4 hours. No wonder I was so hungry!
  • mukie89
    Options
    I wish more people understood that pregnant woman can have 'fat days' too (days where one feels annoyingly large)
  • Scorpiomom222
    Options
    I wish more people understood that pregnant woman can have 'fat days' too (days where one feels annoyingly large)

I feel ya, momma. I feel alot smaller this time around, but sometimes I look at my gut in the mirror and go "god, I look like a cow." And then wear my sweatpants, tshirt and messy ponytail all day. lol
  • joonzgurl
    joonzgurl Posts: 1,617
    Options
    Hi ladies! I don't know everyone here anymore, but I just wanted to pop in and say hello, and also share a small piece of advice that has been so helpful to me!

My baby girl sleeps so well at night, and she is 4 weeks old. She goes down in the late evening, and is up 2 times in the night before being up for the day (as up as a 4 week old is) somewhere between 7:30 and 9. When i am up with her the two times in the night she is fed (takes 30minutes-1 hour) and then goes right back to sleep for 2-4 hours.

This is what I believe has made the difference for me. Since birth:
    - I keep her in the dark at night time (I use a night light in our room)
    - I don't speak to her at night at all or engage her, I just "shhhh" her when she is upset
    - I change her diaper only if she is fussy about it when it is wet, or when I know she pooped. I do it as quickly and as quietly as I can, also in the dark with the aid of a night light
    - I speak to her, sing to her, cuddle her, etc in the day time, trying to teach her day time is where the action is
    - I keep the curtains open when she is napping in the day, so that she is sleeping in a bright room

Just wanted to share because it seems to have worked so well for me so far. I hope this keeps up and that she will be sleeping through the night by 3 months. Fingers crossed!

Good luck with your pregnancy everyone!
  • joonzgurl
    Options
    Oh and disclaimer- I realize that Avery is only 4 weeks old and this could all be a huge fluke! But I like to think that what I am doing is working :smile:
  • mukie89
    Options

I feel ya, momma. I feel alot smaller this time around, but sometimes I look at my gut in the mirror and go "god, I look like a cow." And then wear my sweatpants, tshirt and messy ponytail all day. lol

Haha i do the EXACT same thing, and sometimes i end up eating most of the contents of a bag of m&m's becasue I figure I cant feel much bigger today :laugh:
  • mukie89
    Options
    Rachel- im sure it is your good work :smile: It all sounds like excellent advice and i'm going to try the same thing when my LO arrives. Have the four weeks seemed to go really fast?
  • 9Honey16
    9Honey16 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    *bump*
  • Scorpiomom222
    Options

Haha i do the EXACT same thing, and sometimes i end up eating most of the contents of a bag of m&m's becasue I figure I cant feel much bigger today :laugh:

LOL I usually sit around and eat cookies and milk on those days. And.....they are usually the days that I don't exercise. :blushing:
  • KatalynasMommy
    KatalynasMommy Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    28 weeks today where has this year went.
  • Scorpiomom222
    Options
    Holy cow! I feel like crap for not seeing it sooner! I didn't see that julz gave birth already. lol Congrats, momma! Get some rest and I'm so looking forward to your birth story!
  • joonzgurl
    Options
    Rachel- im sure it is your good work :smile: It all sounds like excellent advice and i'm going to try the same thing when my LO arrives. Have the four weeks seemed to go really fast?

I suppose looking back they went fast... but the first two weeks were really hard and really long! I had some troubles with breastfeeding, and since I started supplementing as well as breastfeeding things have improved dramatically. It gets easier each day. :smile:
  • joonzgurl
    Options

I suppose looking back they went fast... but the first two weeks were really hard and really long! I had some troubles with breastfeeding, and since I started supplementing as well as breastfeeding things have improved dramatically. It gets easier each day. :smile:
  • joonzgurl
    Options
    oops