Replies

• pamperedlinny
    pamperedlinny Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

I had a pretty good day yesterday overall. My 3 positive things:
    1) Got my mammogram done
    2) Made a huge pan of spanish rice for my husband's taco tuesday work party
    3) Saw real joy on my daughter's face when I made her the orange chicken she's been requesting.
  • luciebrucie
    luciebrucie Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    1) I made it through Monday
    2) enjoying having a dog in the house again (if only temporarily -dog-sitting)
    3) overdid it on snacks, but will do better today
  • pamperedlinny
    Options
    Good morning!!!!!

Yesterday was my ladies bible study night at church. They did a sandwich bar and I did really well. I grabbed big leaves of lettuce to wrap up my turkey and tomato, then I dipped it in light dressing. Since I didn't have bread and chips and dinner I did allow myself a tiny piece of the chocolate pound cake. Yum.

I also finished turning in my self-review for work. I hate those things, but it's done for now.

I got a new countertop grill to replace my older one. I've had mine for over 15 years and the new one is just calling out to me to test it out. So we'll be having burgers tonight.
  • pamperedlinny
    Options
    Hey all!

Yesterday was a pretty good day.
    1) I got to play with my new indoor grill. Yay!!! I love a new kitchen gadget way too much.
    2) I started putting the next blog post together for next week. Just a few tweaks and I'll be able to schedule it to post.
    3) I convinced my daughter to try a "new" movie and she loved it. I knew she would enjoy The Water Horse but she always says she doesn't want to watch new stuff.... then she loves the new stuff.
  • luciebrucie
    Options
    Sounds like meal times will be fun times!
    I'm trying to build up the courage to step on the scale ...I don't know why I'm so afraid. Oh well, there you have it. Maybe tomorrow.
    Yesterday I
    1) went on multiple short walks with the dog
    2) had a nice visit with my sister
    3) went to bed instead of eating
  • pamperedlinny
    edited March 2023
    Options

Yesterday was pretty amazing!

1) I took my daughter to Lego Club at the library. While there I sat with a friend and we talked about things from our past. Being able to air out some of that drama from my past on rare occasions with someone I trust is really healing. Not having to pretend it's always ok or that I've always been ok. I love the people in my life I can be real with always.
    2) Spent the evening with one of my best friends at a book signing event. She always makes any outing so much fun! We were talking and laughing all night.
    3) The author was so sweet and I loved hearing her story about starting to write, her new book, etc. Sarah Penner was amazing!

I'm in the middle.
    2zrf1o5sc6g7.jpg
  • luciebrucie
    Options
    Yesterday, I:
    1) weighed myself, and it wasn't as bad as I expected
    2) stayed on track
    3) slept fairly well
  • pamperedlinny
    Options
    Hey all! I finally had a "bad" moment and bend my boundaries over the weekend. At 2 events I went over my allotted calorie for the day and on Sunday I had cookies after my usual stop eating time. I know none of that will really throw all my progress off course. It says a lot that I didn't log into the community boards at all over the weekend when I did it. Obviously, ducking my accountability was my conscience pricking at me.

In the positive side of things:
    1) I had a lot of fun at multiple events over the weekend.
    2) A new recipe I'm trying to perfect was well liked by everyone who tried it.... just need to nail down seasoning measurements so it can go on the blog.
    3) Got to spend time with one of my favorite kids during nursery at church.
  • pamperedlinny
    Options
    Good morning!

My three things for yesterday:
    1) I hosted my book club movie night for The Bone Collector. It was fun.
    2) My daughter told me how great her school day had been.
    3) One of the ladies commented on how healthy I look these days.

Also, I got my newest blog recipe posted this morning. If anyone needs a spanish rice recipe, let me know if you try this one. www.healthyeatingwithlinda.com/post/spanish-rice-for-a-crowd

As a bonus, here's a photo of my "bone" themed table last night.
    pjvfdvp785bt.jpg
  • luciebrucie
    Options
    Amazing! So much fun.
    Yesterday, I had the afternoon off work, so went for a looooong walk. My legs and feet were so sore, I couldn't wait to get home. When I did, I plopped myself on the couch, only to receive a message from a friend that she was on her way over for our previously arranged WALK! I had completely forgotten about it. Long story short, 40,000 steps, one day!
  • pamperedlinny
    Options
    @luciebrucie I've done that before too. Promised to meet up with someone for a hike or outing, put in a workout, then remember too late that I still have to go out. I've gotten better about putting stuff like that on my calendar lately.

I had a really good day yesterday:
    1) Meeting with boss went really well. He only had 2 accounts with serious questions and he was good with my answer on both.
    2) Team came in second at trivia!
    3) Even when I was feeling really hungry I didn't go order cakes or desserts at the tea shop. Instead I waited until I got home and then make a small quick protein shake.
  • luciebrucie
    Options
    Congratulations 👏 Three fantastic wins. The hardest for me would have been #3!
    I did okay
    1) got out for a noon hour walk
    2) definitely got my water in for the day
    3) finished a task that’s been hanging over my head
  • pamperedlinny
    Options
    Morning!

My three positives for yesterday:
    1) I killed off some leftovers in the fridge. I hate wasting food.
    2) I was able to be there for a friend going through something.
    3) During time with friends was able to share some upcoming things I'm frustrated about and get comfort as well as give.
  • pamperedlinny
    Options
    Sorry I disappeared for the weekend. Things got soo crazy busy.

However, for my weekend we had a lot of positives to choose from.
    1) Was able to take my daughter to two different Easter events, her volleyball game, and a friend's birthday on Saturday.
    2) Really enjoyed going to the circus on Sunday afternoon.... we had 13 people in our group! The kids had a blast!
    3) Got to see some of my favorite people between all of the events.