Just Give Me 10 Days - Round 218

Options

Replies

• GirlOnTheRebound
    GirlOnTheRebound Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    @GirlOnTheRebound I had to
    Laugh at your meatloaf comment. For the first 38 years of our marriage I didn’t make it because my husband didn’t like it. THEN. I found out that he just didn’t like it with ketchup on it - something I had NEVER done in my life. So for the last 15 years we have enjoyed meatloaf! 👍👍❤️❤️

Yay to discovering! It's odd really. I like meatballs and it's basically the same lol. We all have our quirks
  • HoopsGuy72
    HoopsGuy72 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    3/23: 234.4 (-0.2), BF%=32.2 (0.0). Last night I got to snacking with some Trader Joe's frosted shredded wheat nonsense. I ate (relatively) slowly and mindfully, but I probably still overdid it. I'm almost going to stop being lazy with my posting. I'm a bit behind at work, but I'm trying to make being a part of this group a priority, at least as much as I can.

3/24: 233.6 (-0.8), BF%=32.0 (-0.2). Snacking was fine yesterday. I'm having a physical today for the first time in more than 3 years. I'm not going to freak out until I have a reason to.

3/25: 235.0 (+1.4), BF%=32.3 (+0.3).

3/26: 234.6 (-0.4), BF%=32.2 (-0.1).

3/27: 234.0 (-0.6), BF%=32.1 (-0.1). I had a bad reaction to the shingles vaccine on Friday. I'm feeling better, but it was REALLY bad. I'm actually pretty happy to stay pretty close to the weight I was at the beginning of the weekend. Today I'm clearing out my garage in preparation for a contractor coming out to repair my roof. Should be some decent exercise (need to bring everything to my back patio, which is up a flight of stairs).

3/28: 232.4 (-1.6), BF%=31.8 (-0.3). Lots of exercise yesterday (moving everything from my garage up a set of stairs), and something weird happened that I forgot about. I'm not that hungry when I'm active. The joy of exercise. It's a good reminder to keep my @$$ moving...

3/29:. 232.4 (0.0), BF%=31.7 (-0.1). I'm not sure if anyone else has talked about this, but part of be thinks that tracking another behaviour would be interesting regarding weight loss trends: 💩. I THINK my better days get better if it's happened since my last weigh-in, and I think it's a reason why I won't see a change on the scale sometimes, even when I'm eating and exercising in healthy ways. Today I have 💩 on the brain.
  • shmmm3
    shmmm3 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    HoopsGuy72 wrote: »
    I'm not sure if anyone else has talked about this, but part of be thinks that tracking another behaviour would be interesting regarding weight loss trends: 💩. I THINK my better days get better if it's happened since my last weigh-in, and I think it's a reason why I won't see a change on the scale sometimes, even when I'm eating and exercising in healthy ways. Today I have 💩 on the brain.
    @HoopsGuy72 Yes, you are right about it. I usually see it referenced as "TMI" on here. The higher your fiber intake the more your stool will weigh if all else is equal. The more food intake in general will increase the amount and weight of BM. A quick google search shows the average BM weighs .25-1.0 lbs on the SAD (Standard American Diet). Higher fiber diets will weigh more and increase the frequency of BMs to at least once a day.
    https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/632492/#:~:text=Stool weight during ingestion of the low-fiber diet,were 157 gm., 19h., and 12 hr., respectively.
  • SModa61
    SModa61 Posts: 2,872 Member
    Options
    _JeffreyD_ wrote: »

We now have a brief few months where we are the “same” age.

@_JeffreyD_ Hubby turned 62 on Sunday (march 26). I will next be the "same age" as him on my October birthday.
  • SModa61
    Options
    @musicsax Didn't you coordinate for all of us in the group, some sort of activity (walking? running?) challenge. this would have been late 2020 or early 2021, as I was in this group from about October 2020 until March 2021.
  • fmfdfa2020
    fmfdfa2020 Posts: 910 Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    @RetiredAndLovingIt OMG! Brown sugar! AND ketchup! Double whammy. This sounds like my late MIL! EVERYTHING had some form of sugar added! Meat shouldn’t be sweet. IMHO

I made a recipe my mom had found in the 1930’s for Mexican Meatballs. It was probably from Campbell’s soup since their tomato soup was the basis for the sauce. My MIL loved it and asked for the recipe. Some time later she proudly announced she had made my mom’s meatballs. I almost gagged at the first bite. She had added “a little” sugar - so much that I found them inedible! I never shared another recipe with her.

@quiltingjaine Re Your comment "meat shouldn't be sweet." My husband is from Albany, NY, then Connecticut, and moved to Georgia where I met him. When he came to one of my family get togethers, we had take-out BBQ and he said the same thing - it's sweet!? Meat shouldn't be sweet. It's all I knew growing up in Georgia so never thought about it. But on the flip side, when we flew thru Connecticut before going to NY, he took me to a seafood restaurant, and I was like, where are the hush puppies?? LOL I didn't realize that was a southern thing, and the coleslaw was sweet (not sure if that's a north vs south thing?) yuk LOL. We had quite a few of these north vs south moments about food and other things. You'd think we were from different countries LOL ;)
  • musicsax
    musicsax Posts: 4,296 Member
    Options
    SModa61 wrote: »
    @musicsax Didn't you coordinate for all of us in the group, some sort of activity (walking? running?) challenge. this would have been late 2020 or early 2021, as I was in this group from about October 2020 until March 2021.

I do seem to remember there was a few of us doing the C25K, I took part (reluctantly as previously explained) but I didn't instigate it, it was late 2020, COVID was well in existence!!
  • musicsax
    musicsax Posts: 4,296 Member
    Options
    @fmfdfa2020 sorry for my ignorance, but what are hush puppies? The only ones that I know of are the comfortable stout shoes!!
  • SModa61
    Options
    musicsax wrote: »
    SModa61 wrote: »

I do seem to remember there was a few of us doing the C25K, I took part (reluctantly as previously explained) but I didn't instigate it, it was late 2020, COVID was well in existence!!

For some reason, I thought I remembered you as the creator. The timing you mention makes sense. I am kind of picturing Thanksgiving during it, because I ran a virtual 5K (turkey trot) at that time.
  • fmfdfa2020
    fmfdfa2020 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    @fmfdfa2020 sorry for my ignorance, but what are hush puppies? The only ones that I know of are the comfortable stout shoes!!

Hi @musicsax They are made of cornmeal, flour, eggs, onion, buttermilk and dropped by the spoonful into oil and deep fried (many things in the south are deep fried) :/ Here's a link to a recipe with a picture. My Mother used to make them, and most times when you ordered seafood (especially fried), your meal would come with hushpuppies.

https://therecipecritic.com/homemade-hush-puppies/

• shmmm3
    shmmm3 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    fmfdfa2020 wrote: »

Hi @musicsax They are made of cornmeal, flour, eggs, onion, buttermilk and dropped by the spoonful into oil and deep fried (many things in the south are deep fried) :/ Here's a link to a recipe with a picture. My Mother used to make them, and most times when you ordered seafood (especially fried), your meal would come with hushpuppies.

https://therecipecritic.com/homemade-hush-puppies/

I love this conversation. Hushpuppies were one of the first things I veganized by using flax seeds instead of eggs. I love them!