LESS Alcohol ~ APRIL 2023 ~ One Day at A Time

Options

Replies

• Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    GaryM_25 wrote: »
    Having gone a few years without serious focus on diet and exercise, this week, I start an intense 12-week challenge.

One of my big problems was too much alcohol. It contributed directly and indirectly to weight gain and more problems.

As of today, it's been five days without alcohol.

For this twelve-week challenge, I'm still deciding what to do. The program I'm using has a once-a-week free day.

I'm deciding between two options. Do I go completely alcohol free, or do I just have a couple drinks on my free day. Or maybe is it that I don't beat myself up for having a couple drinks on my free day.

And beyond just the notion of beating myself up, I'd really like to ensure I get the health benefits of not drinking.

I'll take a look at some of the links shared and may have some questions and comments. I'll be checking in here as I proceed.

Welcome!!!! Sounds like your program will be a great reset. Gosh, you really can’t go wrong with either decision. One of the great things about this thread, and the resources at the top, is it helps us to question WHY we are reaching for a drink. Nothing wrong with enjoying some, but it should be because we chose it, not that it chose us!
  • RockinRobyn672
    RockinRobyn672 Posts: 907 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    @dawnbgethealthy Fenwick and Baker sounds promising and fun. Do they also have live music? One of my favorite things to do is hang out at a pub with live music.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,557 Member
    Options
    @dawnbgethealthy Fenwick and Baker sounds promising and fun. Do they also have live music? One of my favorite things to do is hang out at a pub with live music.

I am not really sure what they have there, it is fairly new, there have been quite a few different things trying to make a go in that space over the last bunch of years. I don't think that I can work until midnight lol, too old for that, but I am up for keeping my Spice Hut job lunch shifts and picking up dinner shifts elsewhere. We'll see how it unfolds over the next couple of weeks.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    @lmlmrn

I am so excited about your next chapter almost set to begin!!
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    I am Dawn, I live in South Eastern British Columbia.
    I joined this thread in November of 2018, a daily drinker at the time
    My primary goal with drinking less is weight loss.

My usual goal is 16-20 AF days for the month,
    I had 17AF days in March.

I do this diary style, I normally post the next morning.

Saturday April 1st - Drinks. Planned AF for Sunday. I will try to limit drinks to one weekday and weekends.

Rolling total: 0AF days out of 1 day.