4"11 ladies (very short and overqeight)

Options

Replies

• lindsay6694
    Options
    definitely know how you feel. im 5'1" and even 5lbs more looks like a lot on us short ladies. hang in there though. you can do it! i went from 175/180 to 106! since oct of 2010 :)
  • Saffyra
    Saffyra Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    If my scale isn't lying to me I've lost 4.2lbs in 12 days! Those first ones are always the easiest, though. But its a good moral boost, I must say.

If I keep going anywhere near this rate I'll reach all my goals way before they're due!
  • jdesign
    jdesign Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I'd like to join this group because you all understand! I am 5'1". You see commercials for people who have lost 50 pounds down to my current weight of 165 but they look great! And I don't! I was diagnosed a few years ago with NAFLD and the only suggestion the doctor had was lose the weight - slowly. Easier said than done, right? I know it's possible, but it can be SO hard.

Anyway, today is my birthday so I want to start the new year with a whole new approach. I have used MFP since March (off and on), with limited success just tracking my food. Now I am going to dig deeper and use all the tools this great website has to offer... Starting with all of you!

I am looking forward to learning from the successful veterans, encouraging those who are struggling, and finally learning how to live a healthy life.
  • TooFatToFit
    TooFatToFit Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    definitely know how you feel. im 5'1" and even 5lbs more looks like a lot on us short ladies. hang in there though. you can do it! i went from 175/180 to 106! since oct of 2010 :)

These are the comments I think about when I start thinking I CAN'T do it. Why am I any different? I CAN do it! I WILL do it!
  • TooFatToFit
    Options
    Hello everyone! I'd like to join this group because you all understand! I am 5'1". You see commercials for people who have lost 50 pounds down to my current weight of 165 but they look great! And I don't! I was diagnosed a few years ago with NAFLD and the only suggestion the doctor had was lose the weight - slowly. Easier said than done, right? I know it's possible, but it can be SO hard.

Anyway, today is my birthday so I want to start the new year with a whole new approach. I have used MFP since March (off and on), with limited success just tracking my food. Now I am going to dig deeper and use all the tools this great website has to offer... Starting with all of you!

I am looking forward to learning from the successful veterans, encouraging those who are struggling, and finally learning how to live a healthy life.

Welcome...what is NAFLD?
  • MrsBlobs
    MrsBlobs Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    LADIES! I HAVE A NSV TO SHARE WITH YOU ALL AND IT'S ONE THAT ONLY BELONGS IN HERE!!

I got into the car today. Bent down as I usually do to grab the slide handle under the seat to slide the chair forward and....
    I VERY NEARLY TOOK MY KNEECAPS OFF!!

Once I got over the hurt and surprise a smile spread right across my face, a bit like this :bigsmile:
    My stomache is not hitting the steering wheel as it was and I was able to slide the chair too far forward. So far that, as I said, I whacked my knees on the lower dash! That hasn't happened in a loooooong time as up to now I've only been able to slide it as far as my tummy would allow.

My very first (if a bit painfull) NSV. WOO!
  • jdesign
    jdesign Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    NAFLD = Non-alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease
  • MissD89
    MissD89 Posts: 102
    Options
    LADIES! I HAVE A NSV TO SHARE WITH YOU ALL AND IT'S ONE THAT ONLY BELONGS IN HERE!!

I got into the car today. Bent down as I usually do to grab the slide handle under the seat to slide the chair forward and....

Once I got over the hurt and surprise a smile spread right across my face, a bit like this :bigsmile:
    My stomache is not hitting the steering wheel as it was and I was able to slide the chair too far forward. So far that, as I said, I whacked my knees on the lower dash! That hasn't happened in a loooooong time as up to now I've only been able to slide it as far as my tummy would allow.

WOOHOO! THAT IS AN AWESOME NSV, GIRL! LET' KEEP IT UP, LADIES! HOPE UR ALL DOING FANTASTIC!
  • zarozinia
    zarozinia Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I randomly decided to check back in on this thread and WOW! Hi everyone!

I've been feeling like total crap these last few days, for a variety of reasons, but mostly because the number on my scale was REFUSING to budge. I even posted about it this morning on the motivation/support board. But then two things happened... First, after a taxing morning that including the upstairs neighbor's toilet overflowing and then leaking into my bathroom through the ceiling fan (I won't go into any more detail. Use your imagination), I took myself for a little retail therapy trip. I grabbed a pair of DKNY jeans that the hanger tag claimed were a size 6 (my current size), but when I got into the changing room, I looked at the tag and it said Size 2. Feeling ambitious, I decided "What the hell, give it a shot" and pulled them on. AND THEY FIT. Ok, they had a good amount of lycra in them, and a size 2 in one label can be a size 12 in another for all we know, but still. It gave me hope. And they didn't look horrible either!

Second, I started my period unexpectedly today (a whole 2.5 weeks early). Why am I counting this a NSV? Well, because that would explain why I haven't lost anything in the last week, and gained a couple of pounds instead. But best of all is the fact that the insane amount of bloating I used to have in the lead-up to my period has been virtually nonexistent for the last couple of cycles, since starting mfp. So, that's a big pay off, for me! The bloating was the worst thing, honestly... I'd swell up and wouldn't be able to fit into anything but sweat pants for two whole weeks out of the month. Oh, it was awful! But that no longer seems to be a problem! Yay!
  • ChelseaL618
    ChelseaL618 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I just went on a 4.5 hour rugged hike with my husband ! I BURNED 1426 CALORIES!!! I feel great!
  • Saffyra
    Saffyra Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Wow! That was quite the hike! It gives me hope to know that, though, because I will be gone for a week hiking around in Utah with my husband. I was thinking it might be bad for my weight loss since I wont have access to the foods I've been eating but with that kind of calorie burn I should be fine!

It's so nice to hear your success stories! A few bruises on your kneecaps were probably well worth that discovery!

And I'm not to a size 6 *yet* but I will be. And when the day comes that I can fit in a size 2 and get the zipper up, I will probably dance with joy!
  • TooFatToFit
    Options
    NAFLD = Non-alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease

Thanks for filling me in. I hope this is something that is treatable. And I'm glad you're hear losing weight to help your health, as I'm sure those closest too are even more.

I loved those NSV's ladies...keep'em coming!!!
  • flutatious1
    flutatious1 Posts: 120 Member
    Options

YAY!!!!! Congratulations!!! that's AWESOME!!!!!
    I too, have a car-related-NSV. With my left foot on the floor, I used to be able to position the steering wheel with my thigh (I know I shouldn't steer with my leg....) but anyway - this last week I have tried to use my leg and had to work to lift it high enough to touch the wheel. My thighs are significantly thinner!!! Waaahoooo! now If only that would happen to my gut!!!!!!
  • IamOnMywayNow
    IamOnMywayNow Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I wanted to ask you fellow short and curvy girls where do you find your jeans? I have been searching FOREVER for jeans that i dont have to hem and that dont drag the ground. I know i can get them custom made online but i dont want to spend a lot for them.
  • Amber_2005
    Amber_2005 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'11" too! I started doing really well at the beginning of the year but became a backslider for various reasons! I'm ready to do this again because as others have said, even a small weight gain on us shorties looks like a lot. When I started MFP at the beginning of this year, I was at 168. I got down to the 145 mark and then went back to 154. This morning I am at 152.8. I would love to get to 110 but really need to be focused and serious on this. Having PCOS does not help things either.
  • MrsBlobs
    MrsBlobs Posts: 310 Member
    Options

YAY!!!!! Congratulations!!! that's AWESOME!!!!!
    I too, have a car-related-NSV. With my left foot on the floor, I used to be able to position the steering wheel with my thigh (I know I shouldn't steer with my leg....) but anyway - this last week I have tried to use my leg and had to work to lift it high enough to touch the wheel. My thighs are significantly thinner!!! Waaahoooo! now If only that would happen to my gut!!!!!!

Haha! Here's to skinny thighs and slowly reducing guts!!
    Thank you xx
  • L2M1D52
    L2M1D52 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    :smile: I've completed the first challenge! 3 lbs down
  • gnastro
    gnastro Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Hi laloquita,

My scale has not moved at all.:mad: I keep eating right and working out hope I am losing inches.:smile:
  • TooFatToFit
    Options
    I wanted to ask you fellow short and curvy girls where do you find your jeans? I have been searching FOREVER for jeans that i dont have to hem and that dont drag the ground. I know i can get them custom made online but i dont want to spend a lot for them.

This is one of the suckiest parts of being short AND fat. I may have a damn fat *kitten*, but my waist is hanging in there, surprisingly. So pants that fit over my hips and bum, gap huge at the waist.

As for the length, I occasionally find something good in "Petite Plus' but selection is usually pretty scarce, and even those are often too long. I've never been into high heel shoes, but I bought a pair of everyday shoes that do have a bit of a heel hoping it will solve that problem. (Once i finally give up my flip flops for the season, lol)

You might want to try the website for Lands End. They have a big selection and do FREE tailoring! The only reason I can't order from them is because they're a bit pricey, and if you add customs fees and delivery charges to get it into Canada, I just can't afford it. If you're in the US, though, check it out.
  • L2M1D52
    L2M1D52 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Hi laloquita,

My scale has not moved at all.:mad: I keep eating right and working out hope I am losing inches.:smile:

I'm sure you are losing inches. I've had my moments where nothing was changing scale wise but I could tell in my clothes. Another good way to see progress is pictures.
    Depending on how long it's been happening, maybe alter your cals or exercise to trick your body? I've seen all kinds of tips on here and you just gotta find what works for you :bigsmile:
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!