LESS Alcohol ~ APRIL 2023 ~ One Day at A Time

Replies

• itladyee
    itladyee Posts: 3,855 Member
    edited April 2023
    GaryM_25 wrote: »

bnsk3fp5y7gc.jpg
    @GaryM_25 ~ Nicely Done!!! It's beautiful!!!! Yep, I needed to do a better job of trimming the Phyllo... But I'm happy with the results!

• itladyee
    itladyee Posts: 3,855 Member
    edited April 2023
    Just have to comment to @GaryM_25 and @itladyee WOW!! Those are beautiful cheesecakes! You two could be bakers! They look so professional and sound delicious.
    I made a slightly untraditional Easter supper for my family - lobster pot pie and spanakopita (spinach,chard,kale with feta and lemon zest) pie, plus roasted asparagus with basil and toasted pine nuts and a tossed green salad.

@sinisterbarbie1 ~ Thank you! The lobster Pot Pie and Spanakopita sound awesome as well. Would you mind sharing the recipes?

I actually googled Spanakopita and found a recipe. I'm going to try my hand at it since I'm now an expert at working with Phyllo :wink:
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,596 Member
    I wish I had drinks in the house but no, so I had my husband's 4 leftover BBQ spare ribs tonight and that hit the spot. Even under my WW points for the day, so great!

Tomorrow is a run day and I get up at 5am. Putting myself to bed early.

Rant alert: Menopause hot flashes are finally here and each week it seems to intensify. I get up every 2 hours now in a burning sweat, then chills. Same deal happens throughout the workday. I drove out midday and bought Amberen at the pharmacy. It's supposedly non-hormonal and I can't do HRT. Went to two doctors and they tell me to exercise and stay cool and eat healthy and just deal with it. Nice for them to say, both are about 20 years younger than me.

I'll get thru this.

Ugh those hot flashes sound miserable. Here’s to thoughts of igloos, icy cold lemonade and air conditioning blasted on high!!
  • RockinRobyn672
    RockinRobyn672 Posts: 907 Member
    @globalhiker, @joans1976 The big M was miserable for me. Also for me it lasted a long time. I still have night sweats sometimes when/if I drink red wine.