Just Give Me 10 Days - Round 220

Options

Replies

• SModa61
    SModa61 Posts: 2,886 Member
    Options
    @SModa61 That's a great pace for a run with walking in it! I ran this morning too and was right around that pace throughout it. Also, I remember that awful attack, it was horrific! That 5k idea sounds like a great cause. I might look into it because I signed up for the Harpoon 5-mile race in the Seaport on May 21st. So a 5k race would be a good test run.

@playhardkf2017 if you do sign up, let me know, and I will do the same if/when I do. Need to verify with hubby that I am in Massachusetts that weekend (which I hope to be).
  • musicsax
    musicsax Posts: 4,382 Member
    Options
    @fmfdfa2020 - you are amazing 40 days binge/sugar free ! I hold my hat up to you, well done :)
  • fmfdfa2020
    fmfdfa2020 Posts: 969 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    musicsax wrote: »
    @fmfdfa2020 - you are amazing 40 days binge/sugar free ! I hold my hat up to you, well done :)

Thank you so much @musicsax . I know you have the same struggles as I have with bingeing. I can control my food triggers as long as I stay away from them. The emotional/stress triggers are harder, but it does seem to be getting easier the longer I go.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY a day early. Enjoy your day!!🎵✨🎈🎁
  • fmfdfa2020
    fmfdfa2020 Posts: 969 Member
    Options

@fmfdfa You have 2 entries for 4/14, is that an error? I, too, react to sugar. Even the “healthy” natural sugar in fruit.

@quiltingjaine Yes, it was an error. Thanks, I'll fix it tomorrow. And thanks for the comment about sugar. I, too, have to limit fruit as well.
  • RenaPink11
    RenaPink11 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    clprieur wrote: »
    Christine from Burlington, Ontario, Canada 😊
    My 10th Round
    Age 53, 5’5”
    June 2005: 345 lbs (Highest known weight before WLS Aug 2005)
    June 2017: 241.8 lbs.
    Weight Beginning this Round: 140.0 lbs
    Goal Weight: 135 lbs

This round's daily goals:
    1. Stay “Under” in MFP 10/10 days – ☹☹☹
    2. 6 cups fluids 10/10 days – 😊😊😊
    3. 10-min guided meditation 10/10 days - ☹☹☹
    4. Attend work 8/8 days –😊😊😊
    5. Gym strength training 4/10 days -

4/12 – 140.0 lbs – Okay, I am 1.8 lbs less than I was at the start of the last round, so #winning. I am also 17.6 lbs lower than I was when I started doing these 10-day challenges on January 13th, almost exactly 3 months ago. Apparently doing things in 10-day increments is really helpful for me! Thanks @quiltingjaine! 😊 Yesterday was a disaster, calorie wise, which included giving up on logging in MFP, eating Chinese food for dinner, followed by an ice-cream cone from Laura Secord in the mall. When I got most of the way through the cone, as always, I started to feel sick (due to gastric bypass). I told hubby this, and he urged me stop eating and throw the cone in the garbage so I didn’t feel even worse. I said no and quickly went to gobble up the rest of the ice-cream but at the same time he lunged for the cone and grabbed it out of my hand. LOL! Hilariously people were watching and probably think I am an abused wife. In reality I am a dumb wife who insists on consistently eating ice-cream even though it makes me violently ill! It’s only been 18 years since I got gastric bypass, I am still learning! 😉 I have to go to Toronto today so I don’t think I’ll get all my steps in, unfortunately. I put a note in my phone to go walk at lunch, so that should help a bit. I better get my butt in gear. Have a great day, folks!
    4/13 – 139.6 lbs - Train to Toronto. Walked at lunch. Subway for dinner. Took the dog to the beach after work – I think it was his first time ever seeing a beach or a lake and he was pretty timid, but did well! He loves his rubber chickens, so we would throw one a little ways into the lake and he would gingerly go in almost to his belly to fetch it. It was super cute. We will get him used to it. 😊 But more Pitbull than Lab in that dog, I think! Lol.
    4/14 – 138.6 lbs – So, I haven’t been logging my calories for a few days now. I mean I start out okay in the morning, and lunch goes well, but then everything goes crazy around dinner time. And then I end up “deleting” the entries for the day because I didn’t log dinner and it’s not “perfect” so therefore it shouldn’t exist at all. Lol. Oops. Yes, I am a bit crazy, if you haven’t noticed yet! Anyhow, given that I haven’t really been paying attention, I am SHOCKED that the scale is down. That is bizarre. And I’m not dehydrated, because I think I did drink enough yesterday. So it could potentially catch up to me tomorrow or the next day, but hubby leaves for San Diego today so I have 12 days to work off what I may have gained while he was home. (I was actually thinking yesterday that maybe it should just be a thing that I don’t log calories when he is home, or at least don’t get stressed if I don’t log the entire day.) Today I have a call scheduled with my new running coach after work, to discuss the plan she has created for me. I am to start the plan on Sunday. I will give you updates on how it goes! 😊
    4/15 – 139.8 lbs – Well, there is that bounce-back I was expecting. Funny how even though I know it’s going to happen and I’m fully expecting it, it’s still disappointing when you get on the scale and see a bump up. Even though my logical brain knows it is fine, and normal, and also connected to the fact that I haven’t been logging, my emotional side still feels it. That is part of what I am working on, tho, is to not be so emotionally attached to what the scale says. (Down = happy for the day, up = sad.) I had my first session with my new running coach yesterday. She had made up a training schedule for me (incorporating a bunch of exercises to strengthen my knees, warmup/cool down, my strength training days at the gym, etc.). It was very nice to chat with her and she is very motivating. I was supposed to start my new schedule tomorrow but I was too excited and started today. Lol. To start out, she has me running for one minute and then walking for one minute. I was supposed to go for about 45 minutes. I thought there was no friggin way I was doing to be able to do 1:1. But you know what, I was actually surprised at how well I did! Was it perfect? Nope. Sometimes I had to walk for 2 minutes, sometimes the dog had to stop to pee, sometimes we got to a bumpy spot on the sidewalk, or it was a dark place or whatever (we left at 4:40 AM). But overall it was pretty fun and I was excited by my ability. I have spent my entire life believing that my body was “less than” and not capable. If you have daughters, please teach them that this is complete and utter BS. Anyway, I did a 80 minute route. I used my Fitbit timer function, which counted down from 1 minute and then vibrated when it was time to stop walking and start running. I felt a bit dizzy when I got home; maybe dehydrated. It was fun! 😊
    4/16 -
    4/17 -
    4/18
    4/19 -
    4/20
    4/21 -

Great job! I too, was surprised when I could run! It’s liberating!!
  • gomifune
    gomifune Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday 🎂 @musicsax ! Hope you have a fantastic day ❤️
  • SModa61
    SModa61 Posts: 2,886 Member
    Options
    Happy 65th! @musicsax Hope your day is grand!
  • CamandJarvis
    CamandJarvis Posts: 2,060 Member
    Options
    @PaulyJoMomma Thank you for your service! I'm disabled Army as well, though only 70%
  • CamandJarvis
    CamandJarvis Posts: 2,060 Member
    Options
    @musicsax Happy birthday! Stay young and enjoy <3