Just Give Me 10 Days - Round 220

Options

Replies

• quiltingjaine
    quiltingjaine Posts: 5,905 Member
    Options
    @SModa61 I am envious of your trip up the intracoastal. We lived north of Ft. Lauderdale for 7 years when I was young. I will always consider Lake Worth home. For some reason they changed the name of the town to Lake Worth Beach a couple of years ago. 🤷‍♀️
  • SModa61
    SModa61 Posts: 2,883 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    @SModa61 I am envious of your trip up the intracoastal. We lived north of Ft. Lauderdale for 7 years when I was young. I will always consider Lake Worth home. For some reason they changed the name of the town to Lake Worth Beach a couple of years ago. 🤷‍♀️

@quiltingjaine this will be new for me. I am someone who sunburns and gets motion sick. I think I am going to handle it ok. Regardless, it is such a nice thing for our friend to arrange that i'll be sure to make it work. :) MIL is in Jupiter, right on the inlet. She, and my FIL when he was alive, never had a boat in Florida. I'll think of you while I'm floating around over there. :) Also, I apparently can't spell intracoastal. :P
  • PaulyJoMomma
    PaulyJoMomma Posts: 105 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    My name is Paula and I am a 46 year old 100% service disabled veteran from the Army.

This is my first round. I am a newbie! I am signing up for a variety of challenges to help change my mindset about healthy habits and getting my weight under control. I want a better quality of life where I don’t have to ask my husband to constantly slow down when we are walking because he is going too fast.

I also use Noom, GOLO, and intermittent fasting (IF) using a 16:8 (fasting hours:eating hours) schedule to help affect the change with my weight. I have also DRASTICALLY overhauled my eating habits and what I eat to a more clean way of eating.

Starting weight - 248.0 lbs
    Challenge goal weight - 243.0 lbs

4/12 - 248.0 lbs 🆗🚩
    4/13 - 248.2 lbs 😕
    4/14 - 243.8 lbs 😅🙃 Started going to the gym again, but this time with my 16 year old son as my workout buddy.
    4/15 - 241.2 lbs 😌 Thinking of starting my modified fasting schedule since I want to try getting down to two meals a day. I am thinking of assessing how a 18:6 or 20:4 schedule will suit me. I will probably start with shifting to 18:6 (18 hrs fasting & 6 hours eating) for about a month to see how it goes. We are going back to the gym today for more cardio. Monday we start a strength training routine developed by my husband.
    4/16 - 239.2 lbs 😅 We ended up not going to the gym yesterday and went today instead. 🏃🏾‍♀️ We added a whole 2 min⏱️ into our cardio to really weakly (I guess) push ourselves. We both exercise with our hands on the contacts so it can measure our heart ❤️ rate & we make sure to keep our heart rate in the target range —which caused me to have to adjust my speed several times because I can’t and don’t want to imagine waking up dazed in the hospital from passing the heck out. I already have high blood pressure to begin with. This is another of the MANY reasons why I need to lose this darn weight! I attempted to adjust my fasting schedule by cutting 2 hours from my eating time adding it to my fasting time & that was a disaster. I did a tad bit of emotional eating bc I am still learning how to manage my emotions —which is a huge problem for me & I finally had enough of that triggering me to begin an extensive personal & spiritual development/growth undertaking & boy am I grateful that I did! Just finished a course in this online training school for personal development on Emotional Mastery & Reprogramming Subconscious Beliefs & did all the exercises which was life changing, inspiring, & very revealing. I am about to finish the course called Discover, Embrace, & Fulfill Your Personal Needs —which I started midway into doing the before mentioned course. The next one up to tee for me is called Release Resentment from Relationships & Truly Forgive. I’ve already completed the one called Principles & Tools for Reprogramming the Subconscious Mind —which blew me away! 🤩🥳😎🤯. These have helped me understand how my developed habit of trash eating needed some work at a subconscious level along with other challenges/opportunities in my life. I also found a study, during my research on weight loss, that fiber intake was inversely related to weight & body fat % & I recognized my actual fiber intake was no where close the recommendation for weight loss so I started incorporating 3 teaspoons of psyllium husk mixed thoroughly in H2O to my nutritional intake twice a day to address that. We’ll see what happens! I was surprised I even had to do this because I eat a LOT of vegetables, plus quinoa, & hemp seed hearts with 2 out of 3 of my meals per day. Goodness! Like I was saying earlier, I tend to just be extra with whatever I’m doing, then managing to act surprised when I feel stressed out as a result. 😅🤓
    4/17 - 241.6 lbs 🥲😳 This yo-yoing as I decline in weight is weird. I don’t know if this is post Workouts inflammation or water retention from our workout the previous day, but it should settle out tomorrow. We will see. It could also be from my poor emotions based choices I made yesterday -which almost always seem to bite me in the butt pretty immediately it seems. Y’all should see my weight loss line graph. It looks like it’s jumping rope down a hill! 🤨😑🙄😵‍💫🤷🏾‍♀️🤦🏾‍♀️. I already take a litany of vitamins 💊 & supplements —which is how it was when I was growing up so I’m just getting back into the tradition starting this intensely about 1 month ago & I think that is also contributing to some of the loss that I am experiencing. I am planning on adding a few more supplements because I tend to be extra like that & my liver & kidney function isn’t obviously taxed enough so why not! The supplements & vitamins I take are more for thyroid health (I have hypothyroidism), reproductive region health, & brain fog/fatigue/alertness. I found out after the fact that some were also strongly responsible for weight loss related benefits. So why not? I am an Amazon shopping addict as it is so let’s raise the bar!
    4/18 -
    4/19 -
    4/20 -
    🏁 4/21 -

Challenge actual weight lost: 6.4 lbs 🥰😎🙌🏾💥🏆🎉📉
  • deepwoodslady
    deepwoodslady Posts: 11,075 Member
    Options
    I’m really enjoying these 10 day challenges. My goals are the same as before - to log consistently and to not snack after dinner.

SW RND 218 152.4 lbs. EW 147.8 lbs
    SW RND 219 148.4 lbs. EW 146.8 lbs
    SW RND 220 146.6 lbs

4/12 146.6 lbs
    4/13 146.8 lbs
    4/14 147.0 lbs
    4/15 147.0 lbs.
    4/16 145.8 lbs. Yeah! Although I have no idea how my body thinks. All week I’ve been working out (because I love it) and the scale doesn’t move. Then yesterday I had a very relaxing day and I get this. Happy though.
    4/17
    4/18
    4/19
    4/20
    4/21

@JacquelineC53 Good or bad, the scale always catches up lol
  • CamandJarvis
    CamandJarvis Posts: 2,059 Member
    Options
    Just finished a course in this online training school for personal development on Emotional Mastery & Reprogramming Subconscious Beliefs & did all the exercises which was life changing, inspiring, & very revealing. I am about to finish the course called Discover, Embrace, & Fulfill Your Personal Needs —which I started midway into doing the before mentioned course. The next one up to tee for me is called Release Resentment from Relationships & Truly Forgive. I’ve already completed the one called Principles & Tools for Reprogramming the Subconscious Mind —which blew me away! 🤩🥳😎🤯. These have helped me understand how my developed habit of trash eating needed some work at a subconscious level along with other challenges/opportunities in my life.

Do you mind sharing where these courses are? I feel as if I definitely need the Emotional Mastery & Reprogramming Subconscious Beliefs and Release Resentment from Relationships & Truly Forgive courses in my life. I need to take therapy into my own hands now that I can't continue my therapy that helped me so much previously.