NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Options

Replies

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,918 Member
    Options
    @cbabie I hope you can find the time to exercise. I say the same thing about myself. Thanks re: the migraine. I appreciate your support.

@theslightedgeforever More on the migraine below. It does make it hard, really hard. Thanks for your support. Wow, what a great day! I love mushrooms. Thanks for the recipes.

Hi all. Well, after I took my medication and went back to bed, I felt a bit better and decided to go to work until 10:30. I was fine but my head still hurt some. I came home and rested on the couch. I ate dinner and went to bed. I woke up at about 2am with the migraine back. I laid in bed until 3:30am and just got up and took more medication. I hope it helps. I have to go to work to open the library as I will be the only person there at that time, but I may see if I can leave early.

Water yesterday: 25 oz

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    @trooworld How's the migraine? It's so hard to function and make good choices when your head hurts. Cute doggy pics.

@cbabie ready for my 2 cents. :D You said either the baby needs something or the 4 year old. YOU need something too. You need to move your body so you don't die and then what's going to happen to the baby and 4 year old. So put the baby in the stroller and walk. Outside or in a mall. Strap on the baby in a snuggie and walk with Leslie Sansone in your living room. The 4 year old can walk too or you find some kind of art project or something that she can only have when it's exercise time. A good skill to learn is independent play. My personal favorite is teaching her it's exercise time. Maybe you can buy her an exercise outfit so she has to go change into it, put on her shoes, fill up her water bottle, and exercise. When her attention lags, you just say, keep going, I have to keep going til it's done and point out the time to her. We've got 10 min left. You can do it. Eventually over time it will become a habit for both of you. It's a good habit to grow up with. We never had those role models.
    I remember you doing those windmill exercises and then we must we must we must increase our bust. :D

@senoritafloridita Keep up the good work on your weight loss. 20 lbs is great. The big race is almost here. What does CICO stand for?

@gemwolf110 How is your mom doing with her recovery? How are YOU doing with all this? I gained 15 lbs when my mom was first diagnosed. None of my stress eating helped her one bit.

So some good choices I made today. I did a set of my challenge exercises when I woke up. I did 30 min of dance cardio and 27 min of stretching. No junk food as of now. Hubby wanted to have burger/fries for lunch. Instead we picked a different place and I had keto baked meatballs with cauliflower rice. He had sweet and sour chicken with veggies and rice. Although he complained portions sizes was too small. I said that's the proper portion size you are supposed to eat. You've just been eating too much. :# Water is up from yesterday.

Here's a good article about mushrooms. Since alot of us need to add more veggies into our lives. Don't like mushrooms? Maybe you haven't found a good way to eat them yet. One of my goals this year is to find a "coffee" that I like. I always say "I don't like coffee". Maybe there is a flavor out there I've never tried yet.

https://blog.myfitnesspal.com/delicious-recipes-that-feature-mushrooms/

Mom is doing better! She’s stubborn to get back walking and everything. I’m doing alright. Gained a little bit. Grandma’s surgery is tomorrow. Will get back on plan when these surgeries are over.
  • Tamevv
    Tamevv Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. Checking in to update: not much except medical issues im afraid. I’ve injured my feet so can hardly walk and won’t be exercising any time soon. Had been building last term but exacerbated terribly while away and I have a lot of pain now. Had a mixed holiday emotionally but ate pretty well, but scales are out of battery so no idea where I am numbers wise. Hoping for much the same as before I left, will know tomorrow. DH also nursing an injury (which seems to be a muscular version of man-flu and I’m finding sympathy a little difficult - I’ve still managed to go to work and do all the usual chores while managing discomfort 🙄).

Anyway so I’m drinking more water and try to track, although I’m yet to manage a full day. Maybe tomorrow….
  • trooworld
    edited April 2023
    Options
    @gemwolf110 Good luck to your grandma with her surgery.

@Tamevv Oh no! I'm so sorry. Is it plantar fasciitis? I hope whatever it is gets better soon. Sorry for your struggles.

Hi all. The medication helped take away about 90% of the migraine so I went to work and stayed all day. I feel okay today. I attended my pre-diabetes workshop last night. The topic was a review of eating with the healthy plate method. I got depressed because there were a lot of people having successes and I realized I hadn't had any and I haven't been following the plate method. Here's an image of what I am supposed to be eating. I'd say my plate is made up of 100% casseroles some nights (that has veggies, protein and fats in it); some nights it's 1/2 protein, 1/2 carbs; some nights it's 1/2 protein 1/2 non-starchy veggies. I never get it perfect. I AM using a 9-inch plate for the most part.

Water yesterday: 50 oz

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."

mp8o1dfp64wl.png
  • trooworld
    Options
    Hi all. Not only did I not lose a pound, I gained 3.2 lbs. for the month of April. It's disheartening to not even be able to lose a pound in a month.

Water yesterday: 75 oz

• senoritafloridita
    senoritafloridita Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone just a quick flyby for now, but today I got down into the 180s for 1st time in 2 years. Happy about that 😁
  • Tamevv
    Options
    Just made myself a 723 calorie breakfast, and enjoyed every mouthful 😁. Poached eggs, tomato, mushrooms, avocado, Japanese Mayo and a small sourdough roll. Very satisfying start to the day. Hope you all are having (have had??) a good one too.
  • senoritafloridita
    Options
    gemwolf110 wrote: »
    Good Morning 🌞

How is everyone doing? Hoping I don’t stress eat too much today. My mom is scheduled to have surgery today to remove the cancer and tests to make sure it didn’t spread. She is at a good hospital and in good hands. Will be praying 🙏🏻

~ Missy

Praying for your mom! 🙏

• senoritafloridita
    Options
    trooworld wrote: »
    @cbabie Keep trying. What can you do, something small, today for your health? Can you walk laps in the house? Thank you for the kudos!

Hi all. I had such a great day off yesterday, I should take more Fridays off lol. It got up to 90F and dog beach was perfect, it was about 78F. Violet went crazy, she loved the beach. She kicked sand, ran in circles (I kept her on her leash even though you can have your dog off leash), chased and played with dogs. Then, I came home and made the soup. It was so good. Not as spicy as the restaurant's Taiwanese Beef Noodle soup, but it was delicious. Today, I have to go to a symposium for work. It's all day and I'm not looking forward to it.

Water yesterday: 25 oz

71wynnx9d23s.jpg
    xhi17awrkp66.jpg
    895fjw642djs.jpg

Aww Violet at the beach is so cute! And that soup looks great!

• senoritafloridita
    Options
    cbabie wrote: »
    Morning all, I tracked yesterday, can't say my eating was great. I haven't exercised. I just can't seem to find a time I am on my own to do this. Either the baby needs something, or the 4 year old..or it's late and I am too tired. I am praying for a "habit" that I can co partner with to keep me moving.

@theslightedgeforever I only want to walk, not all those other fancy moves you do. LOL. Do you remember when I was in HS, I used to twist from side to side, 100 times every night. LOL Thought it would make my waist smaller.

@senoritafloridita Glad you are down to 1 job...2 jobs is just plain hard. Congrats on the loss of weight since you have been on your journey.

@trooworld So sorry for your migraine...stay in bed..get over it and life will be much happier for you! :). Work can do without you for one day. But DH can't do without you.

Cbabie

Thank you so much! And I hope you can just take a breather. Some “you” time. Where you can maybe reimagine your goals.
  • senoritafloridita
    Options
    @trooworld How's the migraine? It's so hard to function and make good choices when your head hurts. Cute doggy pics.

@cbabie ready for my 2 cents. :D You said either the baby needs something or the 4 year old. YOU need something too. You need to move your body so you don't die and then what's going to happen to the baby and 4 year old. So put the baby in the stroller and walk. Outside or in a mall. Strap on the baby in a snuggie and walk with Leslie Sansone in your living room. The 4 year old can walk too or you find some kind of art project or something that she can only have when it's exercise time. A good skill to learn is independent play. My personal favorite is teaching her it's exercise time. Maybe you can buy her an exercise outfit so she has to go change into it, put on her shoes, fill up her water bottle, and exercise. When her attention lags, you just say, keep going, I have to keep going til it's done and point out the time to her. We've got 10 min left. You can do it. Eventually over time it will become a habit for both of you. It's a good habit to grow up with. We never had those role models.
    I remember you doing those windmill exercises and then we must we must we must increase our bust. :D

@senoritafloridita Keep up the good work on your weight loss. 20 lbs is great. The big race is almost here. What does CICO stand for?

@gemwolf110 How is your mom doing with her recovery? How are YOU doing with all this? I gained 15 lbs when my mom was first diagnosed. None of my stress eating helped her one bit.

So some good choices I made today. I did a set of my challenge exercises when I woke up. I did 30 min of dance cardio and 27 min of stretching. No junk food as of now. Hubby wanted to have burger/fries for lunch. Instead we picked a different place and I had keto baked meatballs with cauliflower rice. He had sweet and sour chicken with veggies and rice. Although he complained portions sizes was too small. I said that's the proper portion size you are supposed to eat. You've just been eating too much. :# Water is up from yesterday.

Here's a good article about mushrooms. Since alot of us need to add more veggies into our lives. Don't like mushrooms? Maybe you haven't found a good way to eat them yet. One of my goals this year is to find a "coffee" that I like. I always say "I don't like coffee". Maybe there is a flavor out there I've never tried yet.

https://blog.myfitnesspal.com/delicious-recipes-that-feature-mushrooms/

Thank you so much! And yep, the half is almost here. CICO is calories in and calories out, I see it referred to a lot on Reddit.

And that’s great about your exercise and healthy eating routine! I love dancing to work out. The just dance game is awesome, now I guess there’s so many more workout games too.

• senoritafloridita
    Options
    trooworld wrote: »
    Hi all. Not only did I not lose a pound, I gained 3.2 lbs. for the month of April. It's disheartening to not even be able to lose a pound in a month.

Oh that is frustrating. I know for me, the scale didn’t move until I both cut back on calories and did some intermittent fasting. And today is our treat dinner but I’ve started skipping lunch on these days. I have started skipping breakfast too. But I don’t do the whole nothing but water for 16 hours thing. like I’ll have coffee in the morning with milk and cream but then nothing else until lunch.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @senoritafloridita Woo hoo! Congratulations! Isn't the half marathon this weekend, too? If it is, good luck! Thank you about the soup and Violet! The gain, yeah frustrating! I wish I could do intermittent fasting, I know it works. I've tried it 3 times and I just get too hungry. I keep trying to fast until about 11am but I never make it. :( I'll keep trying.

@Tamevv That sounds delicious! Have a great weekend.

Hi all. Today we will be doing something fun: there is an art festival in Little Italy and we will be going. It's also Independent Bookstore Day nationwide, so I may try to get to that. I didn't eat dinner last night, just wasn't hungry. I didn't eat particularly bad yesterday, in fact it was the opposite. I didn't snack, either. I just wasn't hungry so I didn't eat.

• Tamevv
    Options
    Hi all, I’ve taken a day in the bush. Have to be really careful cause of my feet, but loving sitting by the fire. Cant wait for lunch - it’s just noodles but everything is better cooked over fire 😊

@trooworld yeah it’s what you suggested - the plantar fascia….thing. It’s getting less painful but I only walk on my toes now, which I know you’re not sposed to get into the habit of doing, but I figure if I can heal it this time I’ll know what to look for regarding warning signs next time it flares up and it won’t get so bad. I wish I could do that not-hungry-so-didn’t-eat thing. I just eat all the time regardless 🙄. I have noticed that even though I’m really not doing well overall food-wise, I have noticed that the kinds of foods I reach for has changed so that’s a win - and kind of a significant win in that it shows a wider “lifestyle” change in the right direction, which makes me happy.

• trooworld
    Options
    @Tamevv Yes, everything is better cooked over the fire. I hope you had a great time in the bush! I had plantar fasciitis in one foot and it was so painful, I feel for you! It's very unusual for me to do the "not so hungry" thing, I really do eat all the time, too lol. That's great you are reaching for different foods. That's definitely a win!

Hi all. The art festival was so much fun. We walked around and looked at art and stopped and shared a cheeseburger, fries, and chips and had a beer. I didn't get to a bookstore, though.

Water yesterday: 50 oz

• gemwolf110
    Options
    Good Morning 😃☀️🌞

It’s a rainy Sunday here. Going to get some cleaning/organizing done. Shopping for Mother’s Day maybe today. Worked out with my sister yesterday. I’m so out of shape. I can only use the gym that she goes to as I’m a guest. Thinking of reactivating my membership or unfreezing it at the other gym. Or transfer to another gym that has more group class options.

Mom is doing alright. Lots of pain. She’s doing to much probably. She’s the type that can’t sit still.

Grandma is doing good considering her surgery was this past Friday.

@trooworld love art festivals. Gets your steps in while admiring talent.

@Tamevv nice! Yes anything cooked on the fire is so much better.

@senoritafloridita Thank you!!

@cbabie ams @theslightedgeforever hope all is well!

Hope everyone has a great rest of the weekend!

~ Missy

218.6 yesterday. :disappointed:
    Goals:
    Track both on WW and MFP
    Exercise for 30 minutes at least 3 times a week to start.
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,220 Member
    Options
    @trooworld I wish they could find the cause of your migraines so you could preempt them. Keep practicing the plate method til it becomes habit. So shoot again for that one lb this month. Think about what you can change from last month. What lessons did you learn?

@gemwolf110 oh my goodness, I didn't know about your grandma. You really have your hands full. It's hard to have distractions on this journey. Good to hear your mom is raring to go. I hope her pain lessens. How is your goal of three times a week exercise going?

@Tamevv So sorry to hear about your feet. it's hard when the spirit is willing but the body isn't able. So keep up with the water and the tracking. Focus on food choices is even more important at this time. Your breakfast sounded really good. Except for the avocado. lol I keep trying it and still don't like it. Maybe if I chopped it up really small and didn't know it was in there I might eat it. You sound like you are headed in the right direction when it comes to food. I know for myself my quality of eating is much better but then I ask myself why am I not losing more weight. Goes back to CICO. It seems I can't get both food and exercise going at same time for more than 3 months lately.

@senoritafloridita Woohoo on the 180s. Breaking into a new decade is always fun and exciting. Close that door tight so you never go back up. CICO, got it. Thanks. I should have figured that out.

So I didn't realize it had been a while since I checked in. So I'll do better.
  • senoritafloridita
    Options
    Hi, everyone. So the half marathon was here today at long last. It was pouring down rain all day long. And my so-called rain jacket did nothing against the rain.

But my son and I pushed on. Our spirits weren’t that great at first, but as we approach the halfway point we felt better and more motivated. We started having a great time actually. The scenery was beautiful too.

But then, only about 3 miles from the finish line, my son got an extremely painful blister and that was it. But I’m so proud of him - he braved the cold and elements so many times for long workouts this fall and winter. We had so many long talks, had time together we wouldn’t have had otherwise.

So at the first aid station we came to, I asked if someone could drive us to the finish line where DH was waiting. They made us wait about 40 minutes or so in the freezing cold rain for someone to come get us, while I was soaked through. I probably had hypothermia during that time. All the aid station seemed to care about was screaming woohoo and “we’ve got Gatorade” at the passing runners. Not about us.

But oh well, chalk it up to experience. I’m grateful for all the time my son, and I spent together while we were training for this. And after this, training for 5Ks will be a real vacation lol.
  • gemwolf110
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Welcome to May!!

iwr68fq6jazt.png

@senoritafloridita sorry to hear about the rain, blisters and the uncaring first aid person. Hopefully the next race is more of a pleasant experience.

@theslightedgeforever starting the goals this week :-) thank you! Mom has a follow up appointment this week and will find out more.
  • senoritafloridita
    Options
    @gemwolf110 Yes, Happy May. I hope things go well at your Mom's follow-up appointment. And thanks - every race is different. I'm glad we went out there and got that far - a lot of people just turned back less than a mile in. And there were good parts of it.