15 pounds to lose challenge- May 1, 2023- July 31, 2023

Options

Replies

• deepwoodslady
    deepwoodslady Posts: 10,871 Member
    Options
    My name is Donna. I am 63 years old and I live in the Midwest of the US. I am 5’ 5” tall.

CHALLENGE TOTAL WEIGHT LOSS GOAL: Total Loss of 15 pounds to land at 177.6
    CHALLENGE STARTING WEIGHT (FROM April 30th): 192.6
    CHALLENGE ENDING WEIGHT:

145320379.png

Every healthy habit brings me closer to scratching each of these off to NEVER see them again!
    250’s; 240’s; 230’s; 220's; 210's; 200's; 190's; 180’s; 170's; 160's; 150’s

Weight in blue makes me blue because it’s a gain. Weight in fuchsia pink makes me feel cheery because it’s a loss. Weight in black means no change.

05/01-193.0-(Trend Weight: 192.2)- Good luck to us all. I know I’m going to clearly need it!

05/02-193.6-(Trend Weight: 192.3)-

05/09-194.2-(Trend Weight: 193.3)- It’s my 63rd birthday tomorrow. I really wanted to give my body better health, a better weight, a better outlook. April was horrible and May has not went as well as I had hoped. I’m disappointed. I travel today for my 4 month dental cleanings for myself and son. We’ll have a late restaurant lunch and do some shopping while out of town. I’ll try to choose carefully. Tomorrow is an art gallery and concert at the high school my grandchildren attend. I’ll be spending the evening with them. So many foodie things this week!

05/16-xxxxx-(Trend Weight: xxxxx)-

05/23-xxxxx-(Trend Weight: xxxxx)-

05/30-xxxxx-(Trend Weight: xxxxx)-

05/31-xxxxx-(Trend Weight: xxxxx)-

May Goal: 187.6
    May Actual: xxxxx
    May Loss/Gain: xxxxx
    Cumulative Weight Loss so Far: xxxxx
    Weight in blue makes me blue because it’s a gain. Weight in fuchsia pink makes me feel cheery because it’s a loss. Weight in black means no change.

06/01-xxxxx-(Trend Weight: xxxxx)-

06/06-xxxxx-(Trend Weight: xxxxx)-

06/13-xxxxx-(Trend Weight: xxxxx)-

06/20-xxxxx-(Trend Weight: xxxxx)-

06/27-xxxxx-(Trend Weight: xxxxx)-

06/30-xxxxx-(Trend Weight: xxxxx)-

June Goal: xxxxx
    June Actual: xxxxx
    June Loss/Gain: xxxxx
    Cumulative Weight Loss so Far: xxxxx

07/01-xxxxx-(Trend Weight: xxxxx)-

07/04-xxxxx-(Trend Weight: xxxxx)-

07/11-xxxxx-(Trend Weight: xxxxx)-

07/18-xxxxx-(Trend Weight: xxxxx)-

07/25-xxxxx-(Trend Weight: xxxxx)-

07/31-xxxxx-(Trend Weight: xxxxx)-

July Goal: xxxxx
    July Actual: xxxxx
    July Loss/Gain: xxxxx
    Cumulative Weight Loss so Far:
  • blondeheat
    blondeheat Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I am just starting to log my food intake. I have had trouble maintaining weight since changing to a vegetarian diet. I know that may sound strange but I ate a lot of lean chicken for protein prior to becoming vegetarian. As a vegetarian most protein sources are much higher in carbs (beans) or fat (tofu, nuts, seeds and cheese). I try to avoid highly processed sources like protein powders and fake meats. Any other vegetarians out there? How do you get your protein?

I am going to weigh in on Tuesdays. My goals are to log all my food and get at least 30 min of exercise 6 days a week.
  • Bill70sStrong
    Bill70sStrong Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    blondeheat wrote: »
    I am just starting to log my food intake. I have had trouble maintaining weight since changing to a vegetarian diet. I know that may sound strange but I ate a lot of lean chicken for protein prior to becoming vegetarian. As a vegetarian most protein sources are much higher in carbs (beans) or fat (tofu, nuts, seeds and cheese). I try to avoid highly processed sources like protein powders and fake meats. Any other vegetarians out there? How do you get your protein?

I am going to weigh in on Tuesdays. My goals are to log all my food and get at least 30 min of exercise 6 days a week.

Vegetarian for 40+ years, but afraid I won't be much help as my protein sources have been beans, tofu, cheese, hummus, peanut butter. Do you like Greek yogurt? Soy or almond milk? I'm going vegan, so will be using beans, tofu, soy milk, hummus. Pretty much whole food plant based.
  • cgm117
    cgm117 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    59y/o 5'5"
    Highest weight: 131.6 (Feb 2022)
    Goal weight: 120

5/3 128.9
    5/8 128.4 (-0.5 lbs)

@blondeheat - I've been vegetarian for about 15 years. My primary sources of protein are tofu, eggs/egg whites, greek yogurt, cottage cheese, legumes and nuts. I do tend to have one smoothie containing Vega protein powder daily after my workout. There are plenty of high protein pastas out there now as well. It's a bit more challenging getting the protein in but it can be done with enough planning.
  • Lynn__W
    Lynn__W Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
    off to work soon but will be back later .

Lynn
  • Lynn__W
    Lynn__W Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    76 y/o, 5' 1"

Highest Wt: 183
    Summer 2021: 156
    Recent High Wt: Apr 17/23: 173.6
    1st Goal Wt: 160 2nd GW: 155 3rd GW: 149
    Upcoming Event: 80km/50 mile Bike Ride July 2nd/23

May 1st: 171
    8th: 169.8
    11th: 170.4
    15th:
    22nd:
    29th:
    31st:
    Wt change:

June 1st:
    5th:
    12th:
    19th:
    26th:
    30th:
    Wt Change:

July 1st:
    3rd: unavailable to weigh in
    10th:
    17th:
    24th:
    31st:
    Wt Change:

• goyologo
    goyologo Posts: 138 Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    blondeheat wrote: »
    ... Any other vegetarians out there? How do you get your protein?

Lots of us out here!

How I get my protein? High protein sources like egg whites, nonfat Greek yogurt, non- or low-fat cottage cheese, almond butter, extra firm tofu, seasoned; lightlife hotdogs, morningstar farms breakfast links, Yves "baloney", and other meat substitutes...Purchasing bread, I get higher protein brands like Dave's Killer.

But, recognizing my tendency to go overboard with these protein sources, I am careful to measure and track all of these to be sure that I am getting sufficient protein intake without excess (i.e., outside my daily calorie goal) calorie intake...I try to balance these out/fill up with large portions of low calorie veggies (spinach, lettuce, broccoli, cabbage, etc.) and fruit.

Just as is so for the meat-eaters among us, it is helpful to expend the effort to make our protein sources tasty, so that we enjoy our food whilst we are trying to reduce our size, so perhaps check out the many vegetarian recipes here and online that are high protein and reasonably caloried ? -- and be sure to measure -- :=)