I would like a few friends.

Options
Hi all from Ireland. I would love a few friends to support each other on our goals and having a good friendship. No matter how far you are in your journey. I don’t mind. Just to have someone who would like to be motivated and helped also giving it back. Please add me if you think we would be a good pair.

I’ve lost over 90lbs and I am at my goal weight now. However, I’m still struggling to find balance and I have a big tendency to binge eat. So I’m up 12-15 lbs every couple of months. Having that friend to chat to. Sharing the ups and downs about each other’s goals would keep me motivated and accountability. As I would for that person too.

Replies

• Nova
    Nova Posts: 10,049 MFP Staff
    Options
    Hi, welcome to the community!!

There are some great threads created by our members, stickied to the top of each category that may be helpful. Just look for "Most Helpful Posts - whatever the category name is"

For example:
    Also, here is a link to some frequently asked questions that may be helpful too: FAQ's
  • mscrys1201
    mscrys1201 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I would love to have you as a friend! I too am looking for people I can share triumphs and struggles. Solidarity is so important to me. Feel free to add me 😊
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,853 Member
    Options
    Hi Graham!

Check out the maintenance board. There’s some check-in threads that might help, and lots of people discussing similar issues.

My own rule of thumb throughout maintenance is something I once heard someone else here say:

Treat maintenance like you still have ten pounds to lose