Looking for some new friends

Options
Hi all!

I've been on and off MFP for a looong time and mainly use the app - logging in on my laptop today I see I've been awarded an Ancient Membership badge, so that's nice lol

I used to have a fairly big group of active friends on here from all over the place, but over the years numbers have dwindled - the pandemic and life generally has meant lots of people have left MFP or changed their habits. I miss having other people posting and commenting, it's nice to have a bit of accountability but also when it all feels like a slog it's nice to have a bit of support.

I live with UC, it's currently well controlled but I still suffer flares on occasion. I am in my mid-40s now so have the delights of menopause approaching and have struggled with my weight basically all my adult life. I love reading and review books in my spare time and also this year got a puppy so am adjusting to dog parent life!

Looking to meet some more like-minded folks on here so we can cheer each other on / talk rubbish / commiserate when needed

Replies

• 12Sarah2015
    12Sarah2015 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    Happy for you to add me. I’m 41
  • RachelleNH
    RachelleNH Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I get you. Especially with the peri menopause... I'm turning 45 and have been off of here for a long time. I found myself fat after the pandemic, and I'm starting over. I'm seeing a lot of strange men messaging me looking for love on here. It's changed a bit since I last remember it.
  • Elena001
    Elena001 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I just posted about this! And funny enough I also was just awarded the "ancient" badge - such a fun name. :|

Anyone active on here and want to be MFP friends? I count my macros and think having people who are sharing their food diaries and encouraging one another on their check in streaks and what not would be super helpful!

My current goals:
    Lower body fat %
    Track macros (currently set at 30% P, 30% F, and 40% C)
    I'm 5'2 -1/2" so I don't get a ton of calories to work with :D
    Strength training: 5 days a week on a perfect week, 2-3 times when life gets "life-y" (I'm a homeschooling mom to 3 and sometimes sickness and kids don't always follow a schedule ;) )

Let's share our goals and hopefully find some motivating friends here!
  • rseneca724
    rseneca724 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    They have a badge for Ancient Membership? Maybe my membership isn't old enough yet.
    I absolutely can relate to the fun that is perimenopause. Pretty much every negative thing our bodies could ever experience is all chalked up to perimenopause for at least 5-10 years. Fun huh?

You're welcome to add me if you'd like. I don't have very many friends on here anymore either so I'm happy to make new ones :)

I am currently working on mainly strength training (to avoid old-lady-bones) and to help lose some body fat. I exercise at least 5 days each week and my diet leans towards low carb/high protein. I have done keto/low carb off and on for a few years and have just learned over time how much my body HATES carbs. The struggle is real.
  • angelfish257
    angelfish257 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Happy for you to add me. I’m 41

Hi! Sorry for the delayed response, I hardly ever login on my laptop - have sent you a friend request now!
  • angelfish257
    Options
    RachelleNH wrote: »
    I get you. Especially with the peri menopause... I'm turning 45 and have been off of here for a long time. I found myself fat after the pandemic, and I'm starting over. I'm seeing a lot of strange men messaging me looking for love on here. It's changed a bit since I last remember it.

Yeah, the interweb has always been a odd place at time but the pandemic definitely did a number on people! And yes, I ballooned during all the lockdowns and am only now starting to shift it and get back on track. I will send you a friend request :smile:
  • angelfish257
    Options
    Elena001 wrote: »
    I just posted about this! And funny enough I also was just awarded the "ancient" badge - such a fun name. :|

Anyone active on here and want to be MFP friends? I count my macros and think having people who are sharing their food diaries and encouraging one another on their check in streaks and what not would be super helpful!

My current goals:
    Lower body fat %
    Track macros (currently set at 30% P, 30% F, and 40% C)
    I'm 5'2 -1/2" so I don't get a ton of calories to work with :D
    Strength training: 5 days a week on a perfect week, 2-3 times when life gets "life-y" (I'm a homeschooling mom to 3 and sometimes sickness and kids don't always follow a schedule ;) )

Let's share our goals and hopefully find some motivating friends here!

Hi! Thanks so much for your reply, I am mainly on the app so rarely login on the main site. It would be lovely to have some more friends who are active on here, my aim is to track macros and keep within a calorie deficit but there are days it goes well and days it doesn't lol

I will send you a friend request :smile:
  • angelfish257
    Options
    RachelleNH wrote: »

Yeah, the interweb has always been a odd place at time but the pandemic definitely did a number on people! And yes, I ballooned during all the lockdowns and am only now starting to shift it and get back on track. I will send you a friend request :smile:

And you have already sent me a friend request so we are connected!
  • angelfish257
    Options
    rseneca724 wrote: »
    They have a badge for Ancient Membership? Maybe my membership isn't old enough yet.
    I absolutely can relate to the fun that is perimenopause. Pretty much every negative thing our bodies could ever experience is all chalked up to perimenopause for at least 5-10 years. Fun huh?

You're welcome to add me if you'd like. I don't have very many friends on here anymore either so I'm happy to make new ones :)

I am currently working on mainly strength training (to avoid old-lady-bones) and to help lose some body fat. I exercise at least 5 days each week and my diet leans towards low carb/high protein. I have done keto/low carb off and on for a few years and have just learned over time how much my body HATES carbs. The struggle is real.

Apparently so! I don't know at what point your membership is considered 'ancient', so yeah lovely surprise lol

So far I have not had too many peri symptoms, but definitely noticing changes to skin and hair texture and my poor eyes are so dry now i need drops in them. My main exercise currently is walking and with a puppy i'm out every day at least once if not twice. I used to enjoy weight training in the gym, but havent in a while firstly because of pandemic and then with costs of everything through roof i just dont have the money to pay every month anymore.

I have learned that I really struggle with processing carbs more than anything, so try to stick to higher protein/fat and lower carb. It is slow and painful progress but the weight is coming off, i just need to be more consistent with sticking to it - there are days it goes well and others not so much.

I will send you a friend request :smile:
  • Jacq_qui
    Jacq_qui Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Hi there, yes please add me, nearly 44 here :) I'm doing the 'last 5kgs' since forever. Just switched to TDEE to see how I get on with that rather than basing calories on exercise that day. I go to the gym for weight training, I don't do a lot of cardio, try and swim when I can but I'm fairly active, I am student as well and each year I tend to have a few weeks where I can't do anything except study (and parenting) and I tend to lose friends who think I've quit!
  • angelfish257
    Options
    Jacq_qui wrote: »
    Hi there, yes please add me, nearly 44 here :) I'm doing the 'last 5kgs' since forever. Just switched to TDEE to see how I get on with that rather than basing calories on exercise that day. I go to the gym for weight training, I don't do a lot of cardio, try and swim when I can but I'm fairly active, I am student as well and each year I tend to have a few weeks where I can't do anything except study (and parenting) and I tend to lose friends who think I've quit!

Hello! Apologies for such a late reply, i've just seen your message. I mainly use the app version of mfp so am rarely on the forums etc I've sent you a friend request, feel free to add me! Kudos on the studying on top of everything else, I feel your pain as I'm currently doing a professional qualification through work, on top of working full time and everything else - it's not for the faint hearted! Although everyone keeps telling me it'll be worth it in the end lol
  • lisamerrison
    lisamerrison Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am back on MFP after a spell of being away. I am also looking for a group to share diaries, offer support etc. I am 57 think I am through menopause now, but still have some of the symptoms. Getting on HRT patches was the best thing I have ever done!
    I lost a significant amount of weight through the pandemic but the last couple of years has seen some of it creep back on and I seem to be holding fat around my waist which is really annoying!

I would ideally like to drop a dress size (currently 16) not focusing on weight because it's depressing, need to lose fat around my waist and my thighs.

I am trying to be more focused and discipline so as of 1st August I am uping my activity and really focusing on my diet.
    Would love to be friends with everyone in this post!
  • TeenaMarina
    TeenaMarina Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Hello! Feel free to add me if you are looking for friends! I’m 49. I check in and log daily, open diary also. x
  • Kimkimba
    Kimkimba Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I lost 70 pounds after the pandemic. I’m 57 and a runner. Been on MFP for a long time. This time I’ve logged in for over 1,000 days in a row. Consistency got me here.
  • zebasschick
    zebasschick Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    looks like i'm the senior member of this thread at 66, so years past menopause. i've lost almost 100 pounds, and i'm very into rehabbing from several long-term injuries, and i love building strength, improving flexibility and growing more muscular. my original MFP account got so glitchy that i created this account, and i'm always happy to have active MFP friends.
  • JanRebecca_76
    JanRebecca_76 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have no friends on MyFitnessPal but would love to, I need some accountability partners and just someone for all around support. I need to lose weight because I have arthritis which is very painful and I cannot have surgery until it is the weight, also have high cholesterol and trying to get that down as well. Please add me because I have no idea how to add friends on here.
  • cfisherd0406
    cfisherd0406 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Add me too! I'm new to his and could use more friends!
  • diddlywiddly
    diddlywiddly Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Add me, I'm always looking for more friends here
  • livinfluffy
    livinfluffy Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Just starting back up after a long break. I am almost 46 and with the help of meds and my fitness pal am down 83 pounds so far. Adjusting to having one child leaving for College and the " baby" being in high school so I got a puppy in the last year, a mini sheepadoodle! Feel free to add me!