15 pounds to lose challenge- May 1, 2023- July 31, 2023

Options

Replies

• SunnyDays930
    SunnyDays930 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    @GinLee61 Absolutely amazing and truly inspiring results!
  • GinLee61
    GinLee61 Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    Someone posted this link https://www.smartbmicalculator.com/ in another group, The main differences are:

"This calculator functions on the basis of the newly developed Smart Body Mass Index. The SBMI differs from the BMI in three important aspects. Firstly, it takes age and sex into account, besides weight and height. Secondly, the SBMI is a purely comparative figure (without any physical units) on a scale of 70 points. And thirdly, the significance of the body weight for your health can easily be derived from the SBMI but not from the BMI: The weight-related health risk levels shown in green, yellow, orange and red (see the SBMI chart on the Results page), are always 10/70 SBMI points wide. The ideal range of the SBMI is 30/70 to 39/70 or, in words, between thirty and thirty-nine points out of seventy".

Based on the SBMI calculation I am at the high end of the normal BMI range, which could explain why I am now struggling to lose. Makes me feel a bit less stressed about it, though I would still like to lose a couple more inches from my waist.

What are your thoughts about this calculator?
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,175 Member
    Options
    GinLee61 wrote: »
    Someone posted this link https://www.smartbmicalculator.com/ in another group, The main differences are:

"This calculator functions on the basis of the newly developed Smart Body Mass Index. The SBMI differs from the BMI in three important aspects. Firstly, it takes age and sex into account, besides weight and height. Secondly, the SBMI is a purely comparative figure (without any physical units) on a scale of 70 points. And thirdly, the significance of the body weight for your health can easily be derived from the SBMI but not from the BMI: The weight-related health risk levels shown in green, yellow, orange and red (see the SBMI chart on the Results page), are always 10/70 SBMI points wide. The ideal range of the SBMI is 30/70 to 39/70 or, in words, between thirty and thirty-nine points out of seventy".

Based on the SBMI calculation I am at the high end of the normal BMI range, which could explain why I am now struggling to lose. Makes me feel a bit less stressed about it, though I would still like to lose a couple more inches from my waist.

What are your thoughts about this calculator?

I went on the calculator and liked it. I liked the chart - I'm more overweight than obese. I think the word obese is sooooo depressing. It told me my weight loss goal is a bit ambitious. It suggests a different number that is more manageable. Once I reach that goal, then I can set another goal. Thanks for sharing!!

Quote from the site:Weight stability

At this weight level, you are at risk of gaining more weight. If you manage to maintain your current weight, you have reached your first and most important goal. Weight loss should only take the second place.
  • jyoti_0
    jyoti_0 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    blondeheat wrote: »
    Any other vegetarians out there? How do you get your protein?
    I have recently added
    • buttermilk,
    • curd,
    • a protein supplement for diabetics (Ensure),
    • protein diskettes,
    • protein bar,
    • some walnut kernels,
    • almonds,
    • and almond milk in my diet.
    That in total gives me around 30gms (or more) of protein in a day and it has done WONDERS for my energy levels.
    1. with my morning coffee I take 2 walnut kernels, 4 almonds, 3 protein diskettes.
    2. I add one cup of buttermilk in my breakfast.
    3. An hour after that I take protein supplement.
    4. With lunch I add 150 gm of curd.
    5. at night I take one cup almond milk.
    In between, through the day, I take pieces of protein bar.
    I am not counting calories currently, and still, coupled with mostly plant based diet, I am losing weight steadily.
    I am not sure if buttermilk has protein but it helps stabilize my digestion and makes me feel fuller quickly, thus helping me reduce my food intake.
    Hope it helps.

• deepwoodslady
    deepwoodslady Posts: 10,884 Member
    Options
    My name is Donna. I am 63 years old and I live in the Midwest of the US. I am 5’ 5” tall.

CHALLENGE TOTAL WEIGHT LOSS GOAL: Total Loss of 15 pounds to land at 177.6
    CHALLENGE STARTING WEIGHT (FROM April 30th): 192.6
    CHALLENGE ENDING WEIGHT:

145320379.png

Every healthy habit brings me closer to scratching each of these off to NEVER see them again!
    250’s; 240’s; 230’s; 220's; 210's; 200's; 190's; 180’s; 170's; 160's; 150’s

Weight in blue makes me blue because it’s a gain. Weight in fuchsia pink makes me feel cheery because it’s a loss. Weight in black means no change.

05/01-193.0-(Trend Weight: 192.2)- Good luck to us all. I know I’m going to clearly need it!

05/02-193.6-(Trend Weight: 192.3)-

05/09-194.2-(Trend Weight: 193.3)- It’s my 63rd birthday tomorrow. I really wanted to give my body better health, a better weight, a better outlook. April was horrible and May has not went as well as I had hoped. I’m disappointed. I travel today for my 4 month dental cleanings for myself and son. We’ll have a late restaurant lunch and do some shopping while out of town. I’ll try to choose carefully. Tomorrow is an art gallery and concert at the high school my grandchildren attend. I’ll be spending the evening with them. So many foodie things this week!

05/16-193.6-(Trend Weight: 194.3)- The progress should have been much better but it was a foodie week. My Birthday, Mother’s Day and some general out-of-town travel. Hopefully this week will be better although I’m already on day 2 of travel.

05/23-197.0-(Trend Weight: 195.5)- I’ve really put some thought into this and decided it is a cross between laziness and depression. I just don’t feel like meal planning or cooking. I have a grab ‘n go mentality right now. When my depression sets in I really have a hard time following through with anything. No focus. Feet dragging the ground. A bit listless. I don’t have the energy to exercise, or plan, or research or do any of those things I normally do. I’ve really got to pull this together.

05/30-xxxxx-(Trend Weight: xxxxx)-

05/31-xxxxx-(Trend Weight: xxxxx)-

May Goal: 187.6
    May Actual: xxxxx
    May Loss/Gain: xxxxx
    Cumulative Weight Loss so Far: xxxxx
    Weight in blue makes me blue because it’s a gain. Weight in fuchsia pink makes me feel cheery because it’s a loss. Weight in black means no change.

06/01-xxxxx-(Trend Weight: xxxxx)-

06/06-xxxxx-(Trend Weight: xxxxx)-

06/13-xxxxx-(Trend Weight: xxxxx)-

06/20-xxxxx-(Trend Weight: xxxxx)-

06/27-xxxxx-(Trend Weight: xxxxx)-

06/30-xxxxx-(Trend Weight: xxxxx)-

June Goal: xxxxx
    June Actual: xxxxx
    June Loss/Gain: xxxxx
    Cumulative Weight Loss so Far: xxxxx

07/01-xxxxx-(Trend Weight: xxxxx)-

07/04-xxxxx-(Trend Weight: xxxxx)-

07/11-xxxxx-(Trend Weight: xxxxx)-

07/18-xxxxx-(Trend Weight: xxxxx)-

07/25-xxxxx-(Trend Weight: xxxxx)-

07/31-xxxxx-(Trend Weight: xxxxx)-

July Goal: xxxxx
    July Actual: xxxxx
    July Loss/Gain: xxxxx
    Cumulative Weight Loss so Far:

• Sistersue3285
    Sistersue3285 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Start weight 194.4lbs January 2023
    May 1st weight 192
    3 month goal 180 lbs
    Final goal 150 lbs

May 3 191.6
    May 9 189.6
    May 16 191
    May 23 191.6

Bad week of snacking.
  • jyoti_0
    jyoti_0 Posts: 87 Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    ok, so I used AI to create a plant-based meal plan and it turned out really good :)
    So, I asked AI to create a meal plan for a 200 lbs female who wants to lose 15 lbs in 3 months, and it gave this-
    Breakfast:
    1 cup of oatmeal cooked with water or unsweetened almond milk, topped with a handful of berries and a sprinkle of cinnamon (300 calories)
    2 boiled eggs (140 calories)
    1 small orange (60 calories)
    1 cup of black coffee or unsweetened tea (0 calories)
    Morning Snack:
    1 medium-sized apple (80 calories)
    1 tablespoon of almond butter (100 calories)
    Lunch:
    Grilled chicken breast (4 oz) with a side of mixed vegetables, such as broccoli, carrots, and bell peppers (200 calories)
    1/2 cup of quinoa or brown rice (110 calories)
    Mixed green salad with tomatoes, cucumbers, and a light dressing (100 calories)
    Afternoon Snack:
    1 small container of plain Greek yogurt (100 calories)
    1 small handful of almonds (100 calories)
    Dinner:
    Baked salmon (4 oz) with lemon and herbs (200 calories)
    Steamed or roasted vegetables, such as asparagus, Brussels sprouts, or cauliflower (150 calories)
    1/2 cup of sweet potato or butternut squash (100 calories)
    Evening Snack:
    1 small carrot with hummus (100 calories)
    Herbal tea or water with lemon (0 calories)
    Total calories- 1,840 ( I am not sure it will be the exact number of calories)
    I found it a balanced plan as for as the the nutrition is concerned. Maybe it will be helpful for our members?
    here's a grocery list categorized for this meal plan:
    Proteins:
    - Chicken breasts (4-6)
    - Salmon fillets (4-6)
    - Eggs (1 dozen)
    - Plain Greek yogurt (1 small container)
    - Almonds (1 small bag)
    Fruits:
    - Berries (your choice of type)
    - Oranges (4-6)
    - Apples (4-6)
    Vegetables:
    - Mixed vegetables (broccoli, carrots, bell peppers, etc.)
    - Mixed salad greens
    - Tomatoes
    - Cucumbers
    - Asparagus
    - Brussels sprouts
    - Cauliflower
    - Sweet potatoes or butternut squash
    - Carrots
    Grains:
    - Oatmeal
    - Quinoa or brown rice
    Others:
    - Whole wheat bread or toast
    - Peanut butter
    - Almond butter
    - Hummus
    - Olive oil (for cooking and dressing)
    - Lemon
    - Herbs and spices (such as cinnamon)
  • spyder2765
    spyder2765 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. I am back for another go round! 5'3'' female 55 years young. I liked the last challenge and want to continue with my progress. Weighing in on Wednesdays.
    Weight Jan 1st 151.6
    Last Challenge 146.8, finished at 138.8
    Goal weight: 130

5/3 138.8
    5/10 139.8 Only small amounts of exercise this week plus not so healthy eating.
    5/17 139.2 Some walking this week.
    5/24 139.4 Some walking and definitely no healthy eating. Better eating and exercise on deck for the next week.

Have a great and safe holiday weekend everyone.

• 200Karen
    200Karen Posts: 1,784 Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Bobbie welcome to the group 👋
    Yes, the more the merrier,
    Here's to you and your goals 🥂

💞 Karen
  • GinLee61
    GinLee61 Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    I am a 5'3" retiree living in upstate NY.
    I started tracking again with MFP in January 2022.
    My final goal weight is between 135-145.

Starting weight as of 1/3/22: 230 lbs

Apr 28: 159.6
    May 5: 158.2
    May 12: 158.4
    May 19: 158.6
    May 26: 158.4

Challenge Goal: 5 lbs (154.6)
    Challenge Actual: 1.2 (158.4)

May has not been a great month for my weight loss. Increased my base calories by about 100 this past week and lost a bit. I'm going to wait another week or two and see what happens. I may try increasing again to maintain for awhile until my body adjusts then pick back up where I left off to see if that helps.

Have a happy Memorial Day and a great week!