Most embarrassing 'fat' moment you can now laugh at?

Options
123457»

Replies

• besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    nothing i can think of, but sadly, most likely because i avoided potentially embarrassing situations, ergo, living.
  • scorpiophoenix
    scorpiophoenix Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I was outside talking to some friends. Took a mis-step backwards, fell right on my butt and bounced. Twice. Thank goodness my friends were decent enough to ask if I was okay before chuckling and helping me up. I can't hate cuz I guess it is pretty funny.
  • jennrambles
    jennrambles Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I used to fly a lot, but always avoided Southwest because they have the tiniest seats in existence. I had a friend who INSISTED we fly Southwest, and I informed her that I had to buy two seats, but she insisted, so we flew Southwest.

Anyway, I knew the 2 seat policy, but I didn't know that you are supposed to go up and board the plane with the disabled people and then put a paper they give you in the "extra" seat and inform anyone who tries to sit there that you are too fat to fit into one seat, had to buy 2, and that they have to find somewhere else to sit.

I was told about this very loudly by a very rude flight attendant when I boarded with "regular" passengers, and had to ask a guy to move so I could take up two seats. She essentially yelled to the entire plane that I was fat and dumb.

I can laugh at it now, because I AM GOING TO GET THERE! One day I will be able to fit into ONE Southwest seat.
  • scorpiophoenix
    scorpiophoenix Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Anyway, I knew the 2 seat policy, but I didn't know that you are supposed to go up and board the plane with the disabled people and then put a paper they give you in the "extra" seat and inform anyone who tries to sit there that you are too fat to fit into one seat, had to buy 2, and that they have to find somewhere else to sit.

WTH? Degrading much? Also, I thought that plane tickets specified which seat people were supposed to sit in?
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options

WTH? Degrading much? Also, I thought that plane tickets specified which seat people were supposed to sit in?

This. That's really weird.
  • deloresfigueroa1005
    Options
    I’m so glad I have others who understand my situation. I had someone congratulate me for our new baby also. What’s worse my husband did everything he could not to laugh. Personally, I would have paid his bail to see him punch that salesman in the nose.
  • lois1231
    lois1231 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I know this thread probably isn’t active but I wanted to add one. I went to Mexico City on a pilgrimage. We were at one place I can’t remember what it was called. It was a photo stop though. Guess who volunteered to get their picture taken first yep me. I didn’t realize my big big belly was exposed under my shirt for the world to see. After that there was complete silence. I still didn’t know because I don’t look at pictures of me right away. I walked around like that all day. Later that night when I looked at the picture I couldn’t stop crying. I felt humiliated and angry and had worked so hard to lose weight and I still looked fat and felt such self loathing. I lost 45 pounds before the trip. It wasn’t where I wanted to be but I had worked hard. It still makes me cringe to talk about this
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,481 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    TMI alert.‼️‼️‼️

I’ve never talked about this before. Not even remotely funny, even in retrospect, but def fat related.

I had the GERD From Hell and it would hit with no warning. We were at a medieval tourist dinner at an Irish castle, wedged into long picnic style tables, hip to hip and back to back. The place was jam packed like sardines.

Yep. GERD hit and I was trapped. Staff gave me some towels and we fled.

I’ve never been so humiliated in my life.

The second worst time was driving through rural Scotland and it hitting so fast in the car we had to pull off the road. Our daughter had met us there and was touring with us. She had no idea. She was convinced I was terminally ill and that we’d planned the trip as a blowout final goodbye. She cried and cried and it took days to convince her her momma wasn’t dying.

I was on all the pills for GERD. My doctor told me over and over that losing weight would help, but I didn’t know how.

The first twenty pounds I lost, the GERD absolutely vanished, except for the occasional reminder when I over eat. If for no other reason than GERD, I will fight not to put the weight back on again.

• elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    mygrl4meee wrote: »
    Four years ago, I was exploring my clients backyard with her. She see's her porch swing and sits down. Looks at me and says you better not sit down. She didn't think it could hold me. Now she has gained and I have lost enough that her family gave me a brand new pair of jeans that wouldn't fit my client. Karma. Lol
    She could have let you sit down.. and ..boom! Sort of a no win situation.. i wouldn't nail her to a cross for this one. If i were her.. i would have not said a thing and let the dice roll. but..that's me

• PeachHibiscus
    PeachHibiscus Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Decades ago on family vacations to the beach, I'd take my younger cousin to an amusement/water park to spend one of the days. One year when I was 18 or 19, one of the water slides seemed to have a lower amount of water than usual. I would have weighed about 200 pounds at the time.

My cousin is 11 years younger than me and she was a petite child so she had no issues going down the slide. I, on the other hand, kept stopping and had to keep giving myself a push down the slide with my hands. I couldn't wait to get down to the bottom. I was super embarrassed because I figured other people saw me getting stuck and knew it was because I was fat. My cousin went back on that slide that day but I didn't.

I absolutely think it's funny now. Years later I saw a Simpsons episode where Homer got stuck in a water slide and the tube portion had to be cut down to release him. When I saw that I remembered my own water slide misadventure and figured it wasn't that bad.