New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    I've posted about these before but got them again and think they deserve another shoutout lol. Fitjoy GF vegan honey dijon pretzels. They are just sooooo good with a heavy coating. I actually prefer the texture of vegan pretzels to regular. I've tried their others flavors and they are all good, but these are the best!

dgwkv4mfwebo.png

f75u9d48s9b0.jpg

• Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    Really want to try these dairy free hot pockets, but never seen in stores. Anyone ever try them?

55c43b5c2dcq.png
  • skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    Omg oatly is the BEST vegan ice cream I've ever had. Sooo creamy it reminds me of soft serve. My fav was the raspberry. Salted caramel was good too. I think I've only tried the strawberry before. I ate a pint every night the past 3 nights lol.

yxxdk6brnsmj.jpg
    lwisfywbqsc6.png

0tunr04cvi4r.png

2x0bpllbvtv4.png

I agree, Noreen! Oatly has a great texture. I’ve only ever had the ice cream bars, but they’re fantastic. I don’t trust myself with pints lmao. Try the bars when you get a chance!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    These are pretty good. They are like a puff with a soft filling. They are a little dry but good. The flavors are spot on. The pizza is my favorite and reminds me of pizza pringles or combos flavor. The Mac and taco are good too though. They could use a little more seasoning and then they’d be perfect.

0qsco1fjw0qc.jpeg
    romrm9hmssle.jpeg
    4ltosl7b2sml.jpeg
    nk6c82pc4gte.jpeg
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,714 Member
    Options
    Really want to try these dairy free hot pockets, but never seen in stores. Anyone ever try them?

55c43b5c2dcq.png

Are they all plant based?
  • VegjoyP
    Options
    I love love this yogurt! Imgosh! I cooked some power greens, then stirred this in. Wow.. just wow
    epawzh0uimjs.jpg
  • no1racefan2
    no1racefan2 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    VegjoyP wrote: »
    I love love this yogurt! Imgosh! I cooked some power greens, then stirred this in. Wow.. just wow
    epawzh0uimjs.jpg

How is the texture? I haven't like coconut-based yogurts in the past because they were too runny.
  • VegjoyP
    Options
    epawzh0uimjs.jpg

How is the texture? I haven't like coconut-based yogurts in the past because they were too runny.

It's not super thick but it works for what I do with it. The taste is so good on veggies
  • jwoolman5
    jwoolman5 Posts: 191 Member
    Options

55c43b5c2dcq.png

I've tried the cheese Mikey's hot pockets and really liked them. Can't find them locally, alas. I got them online somewhere from a vendor that sends frozen.

• jwoolman5
    edited June 2023
    Options

55c43b5c2dcq.png

The cheese ones must be "plant-based" since I tried them and am allergic to dairy and egg so they just have been vegan-friendly. But the others look like they are made from animal meat, judging from the package.

Check

https://eatmikeys.com/collections/plant-based

It looks as though they now have some more vegan-friendly ones in addition to the cheese but the others shown in the original post are not except for the dairy-free cheese.

Am always suspicious about the "plant-based" label because I've seen it on products containing dairy and eggs. Don't know what plants are blooming eggs and dairy though.... Sounds like the Land of Oz with their lunchbox trees and such.

Their faq says:
    Which Mikey's products are plant based (vegan)?
    All of our tortillas are 100% plant-based and certified vegan!

We also have plant-based pockets: Cheese Pizza Pockets, Cauliflower Broccoli, Spicy Southwest with Beyond MeatⓇ Crumbles, Meaty Marinara with Beyond MeatⓇ Crumbles, Tex Mex Breakfast, and Breakfast Scramble
  • Noreenmarie1234
    edited June 2023
    Options
    jwoolman5 wrote: »

55c43b5c2dcq.png

The cheese ones must be "plant-based" since I tried them and am allergic to dairy and egg so they just have been vegan-friendly. But the others look like they are made from animal meat, judging from the package.

Check

https://eatmikeys.com/collections/plant-based

It looks as though they now have some more vegan-friendly ones in addition to the cheese but the others shown in the original post are not except for the dairy-free cheese.

Am always suspicious about the "plant-based" label because I've seen it on products containing dairy and eggs. Don't know what plants are blooming eggs and dairy though.... Sounds like the Land of Oz with their lunchbox trees and such.

Their faq says:
    Which Mikey's products are plant based (vegan)?
    All of our tortillas are 100% plant-based and certified vegan!

We also have plant-based pockets: Cheese Pizza Pockets, Cauliflower Broccoli, Spicy Southwest with Beyond MeatⓇ Crumbles, Meaty Marinara with Beyond MeatⓇ Crumbles, Tex Mex Breakfast, and Breakfast Scramble

So annoying how plant based sometimes has cheese they just mean the meat is plant based. Also now with all the bio engineered whey it’s going to be even harder to tell as something labeled vegan can contain whey.

I tried these… underwhelming. Would not buy again. They were just okay. The crust reminds me of pizza roll crust but not as good. The inside was bland and I had to dip in hot sauce. Also too high in calories for the size, one tiny sandwich is 280 calories. These are vegan.

kyvygb8mjnjy.jpeg
    hei9hu3s7dwl.jpeg
    lf4i3hi38t7f.jpeg
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    WOW this stuff is amazing and I am obsessed. I have been putting it on EVERYTHING like salads, chicken, soft pretzels, broccoli, zucchini, cauliflower, noodles, sandwiches, the list goes on. It smells and tastes like movie theatre popcorn butter. No dairy. Good thing I don't care about my sodium intake lol.

rqdb3npcudrd.png

This company also makes a salt free version...

qrw6algsj2b5.png
  • jwoolman5
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Don't know how new these are in the cosmic sense, but they were new to me and quite tasty:

z19tsemp0y4u.jpeg

Newer packaging might say True Goodness by Meijer. Ingredients just rice flour, sesame seeds, safflower oil, and salt. 130 calories, 2g protein for 19 crackers. Tasted good by themselves and with some Field Trip Chickpea Butter (includes sunflower seed butter). Just a few sesame seeds per cracker but enough to give it sesame taste.

They also have a plain original and some other flavors not useful to me. I'm going to try the plain though. Useful substrates for hummus, avocado, nut&seed butters when not wanting seasonings.
  • jwoolman5
    Options

I tried these… underwhelming. Would not buy again. They were just okay. The crust reminds me of pizza roll crust but not as good. The inside was bland and I had to dip in hot sauce. Also too high in calories for the size, one tiny sandwich is 280 calories. These are vegan.

kyvygb8mjnjy.jpeg

Too bad they messed it up even with Just Egg. Have never scrambled up the liquid Just Egg, but I like the frozen Just Egg Folded, which I guess is intended as a kind of scrambled egg patty for sandwiches. I thaw it a bit and cut it up into small pieces and toast in the oven. Really good. Protein from mung beans. So it's not the Just Egg part that is meh...

• Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    jwoolman5 wrote: »

kyvygb8mjnjy.jpeg

Too bad they messed it up even with Just Egg. Have never scrambled up the liquid Just Egg, but I like the frozen Just Egg Folded, which I guess is intended as a kind of scrambled egg patty for sandwiches. I thaw it a bit and cut it up into small pieces and toast in the oven. Really good. Protein from mung beans. So it's not the Just Egg part that is meh...
    I know I love just egg!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Not super new but new to me. Sooooo good. The smaller balls don’t scratch my mouth as much. ym5m2dc19lut.jpeg
    g5edlrrhlblo.jpeg
    94s9owhjvg0w.jpeg

The Cinnamon Toast Crunch I didn’t like as much as the Reeses. It’s not as sweet as the traditional and is missing that heavy cinnamon sugar coating.
  • Idontcareyoupick
    Idontcareyoupick Posts: 2,826 Member
    Options
    The cotton candy Oreos are really sweet
  • Noreenmarie1234
    edited June 2023
    Options
    The cotton candy Oreos are really sweet

OMG I never got to try them before they were discontinued!! Thanks for letting me know they came back, I'll have to get them.