Hello Everyone

Options
Hello. I am at the beginning of my fitness journey. I have been at this for 1 month and kind of hit a plateau already. I am looking for friends to go on this journey with me. Always looking for ideas, advice, motivation and accountability. Excited to see the changes to come! :D

Replies

• Nova
    Nova Posts: 10,069 MFP Staff
    Options
    Hi, welcome to the community!!

There are some great threads created by our members, stickied to the top of each category that may be helpful. Just look for "Most Helpful Posts - whatever the category name is"

For example:
    Also, here is a link to some frequently asked questions that may be helpful too: FAQ's
  • mecab1103
    mecab1103 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm at the (re)beginning of my fitness journey and would live to have a friend for support!
  • FangsForYou
    FangsForYou Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Plateaus are tough, I suggest trying to modify your routine slightly for a week or two. Sometimes, I get bored with the monotony of eating the same healthy foods so I’ll look for certain recipes for foods that I like, like a low calorie/low carb/healthier pizza alternative and instead of going to the gym everyday, I’ll do my workouts at the beach or park, maybe even take a mountain climbing class or kickboxing class, even a nice hike. Hope this helps you with some ideas, good luck.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,913 Member
    Options
    Your plateau is temporary. You’ve only been at this for a month, and on MFP for a week.

Did you earn your degree in a year? Learn a language in a week? Things take time.

Your body is getting used to the changes, you e probably begun new exercises which create temporary water weight gain, and you haven’t refined your weighing and logging techniques yet. (You are doing those, right?)

Allow your body the same grace to learn new things that you’d allow your brain!