Looking for accountability friends-New to using Macros

Options
Hello my name is Kim. It's been a few years since utilizing this. I am in a phase of my life where I need to really make my health a priority and I'm struggling with menopause and trying to lose weight. It's hard and seems everything I do doesn't work. I am active with my fitness activities and hobbies. Spoke with a certified fitness person and she suggested keeping track of my macronutrients. This is new to me and hopefully a game changer. Any advice, guidance is appreciated. Thank you!

Replies

• Mandy_SD
    Mandy_SD Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'll be your buddy! I'm in the same boat. I've just entered menopause and I can tell things have changed. I've done a little research with Macros but have never stuck to it.
  • bayleechapo
    bayleechapo Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I’m here to be pals!!
  • Murphyslodge
    Murphyslodge Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I’m new to macros also. I could use any and all advice! I’m 58 and trying to lose menopause weight.
  • Loveandlaughforlife
    Loveandlaughforlife Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Wanting to start macro counting that will help me through this menopause stage of Life.
    Would love a friend or two to share diary and daily encouragement through the process
    I want to find a lifestyle that is maintainable and allows life to still be enjoyable.
  • clmadole
    clmadole Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I share your situation and find it frustrating. I am post menopausal and have found what used to be easy a real struggle. I could use some accountability also. I am having difficulty maintaining a program throughout the day. I start strong and motivated but it dissipates every evening. Frustrating!
  • yankeedownsouth
    yankeedownsouth Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I've counted macros before, and it does work. I just haven't done it in a long time (and that's why I need to lose weight). I sent you a friend request.
  • MrsPZ38
    MrsPZ38 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I would love to join in!
  • jenbroussard71
    jenbroussard71 Posts: 217 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Hello! I've was on MFP a long time ago, but today makes my 2nd day back. I would to join in. I am new to macros as well.
  • praed
    praed Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I’m fairly new to macro counting too. I did calorie counting years ago but now I’m also a fairly new diabetic and also menopausal so the weight has been an issue. Looking for insight and sharing of any information that has helped others
  • yorkonthepond
    yorkonthepond Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Love to touch base with others to keep going on this journey of healthy eating.
  • franiexp
    franiexp Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi, counting macros has worked the best for me to lose weight. Meal preping is a game changer for it. Make sure to have a good scale and measure in grams for the most accurate caloric intake. I tend to do a lazy macros, I sometimes weigh, but usually I just measure. It just depends on how strict I want to be. I would love to get some accountability friends. I haven't begun menopause yet, ill be 40 this year.
  • xgpf6ppzyv
    xgpf6ppzyv Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Same boat. Menopause and depression caused a few years of not giving a hoot caused me to gain 50lbs. Doing macro and calorie counting now for less than a month and anc could really use allies
  • hoarc1987
    hoarc1987 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I haven’t gotten correct macros ever in my life and always felt bad. I still don’t get them,
  • Piper9318
    Piper9318 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello! I just signed up today and am in the same situation as a lot of you. Menopause and an unexpected surgery=weight gain. I would like accountability partners and am starting to really research macro.

I'm a positive person who doesn't believe in viewing something as "bad" or feeling because I'm not yet where I want to be weight wise, my weight should impact my self worth. Each of us can get where we want to be with support and ownership of the choices we make each day! If this sounds like a similar viewpoint you have, let's support each other in this journey!!! Feel free to send me a friend request!