😀😀😀***JUNE 2023 WEIGHT LOSS CHALLENGE***😀😀😀

Options

Replies

• NonnieDoiron
    NonnieDoiron Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    SammyD242 wrote: »
    So…. I blew it. Very disappointed in myself but back on track after two solid days of eating everything in sight. Next week will be a loss!!

57 year old female. 5’6”

June Start Weight: 202.2 lbs
    June Goal Weight: 192 lbs
    Ultimate Goal Weight:150 lbs

June 1: 202.2
    June 8: 200
    June 15: 199.2
    June 22: 200.6
    June 29:
    June 30:

I’m right there with you! I’m afraid to get on the scale because I’m positive there’s a hefty gain I don’t want to see. We travelled last weekend, and the jet lag kicked my butt. It took a full week to recover. I was exhausted, so no working out and my diet was complete crap. Working to get back on track today. New week, new start.
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,332 Member
    Options
    So…. I blew it. Very disappointed in myself but back on track after two solid days of eating everything in sight. Next week will be a loss!!

57 year old female. 5’6”

June Start Weight: 202.2 lbs
    June Goal Weight: 192 lbs
    Ultimate Goal Weight:150 lbs

June 1: 202.2
    June 8: 200
    June 15: 199.2
    June 22: 200.6
    June 29:
    June 30:

I’m right there with you! I’m afraid to get on the scale because I’m positive there’s a hefty gain I don’t want to see. We travelled last weekend, and the jet lag kicked my butt. It took a full week to recover. I was exhausted, so no working out and my diet was complete crap. Working to get back on track today. New week, new start.

Avoiding the truth won't make it go away. You are the only one who can hold yourself accountable. Using the scale to tell you what you're already pretty sure of might help you make the changes on a day-to-day basis to achieve your goals. Just avoiding the scale because it might have a number you don't want to see is an avoidance behavior.

• Calbrownie
    Calbrownie Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Oh well, the last 4 days have been very busy for me- I was crewing for my husband who was running a long distance race, with no time to manage my food I relied on easily available food which was pizza and pasta. I tried very hard to limit portions and eat healthy but here I am — just a pound lighter than where I started.

June Start Weight: 159.3 lbs
    June Goal Weight: 156 lbs
    Ultimate Goal Weight:137 lbs

June 5: 159.8 . So disappointed !! But I am going to keep going !!
    June 12: 158.1 1 lbs is great
    June 19:157.3

June 26:158 lbs
  • enlightenme3
    enlightenme3 Posts: 2,562 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone - I've posted next month's challenge here: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10893630/july-2023-weight-loss-challenge/p1?new=1

Let's finish June strong and then charge into July!
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,340 Member
    Options
    Thank you, @enlightenme3 !
    I'm Chris - 73 year old female...5'5" ...I used to be 5'7" but arthritis hit and I lost two inches, so now that two inches is squished around my waist like the billows of a big accordion...
    ...Oh, well. I'll just keep working on it.
    Heaviest: 192.2
    Round GW: 150.0
    UGW: 145.0
    June 01 - 158.6 at 5:20 a.m. ...New Grandson Duty then nothing
    June 05 - 157.0 at 5:20 a.m. ...New Grandson Duty then 60 min workout w/trainer
    June 12 - 156.5 at 6:00 a.m. ...New Grandson Duty then 60 min workout w/trainer
    June 19 - 154.0 at 7:30 a.m. ...DH's b'day...so much food this weekend!!!
    June 26 - 153.2 at 7.50 a.m. ...60 min workout w/trainer
    June 30 -
    I hope everyone has a good June.
    Chris
  • NonnieDoiron
    NonnieDoiron Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    mtaratoot wrote: »

Avoiding the truth won't make it go away. You are the only one who can hold yourself accountable. Using the scale to tell you what you're already pretty sure of might help you make the changes on a day-to-day basis to achieve your goals. Just avoiding the scale because it might have a number you don't want to see is an avoidance behavior.

Agreed, very much so… for some people. But, I also don’t need a scale to tell me what I already know. I had a gain. How much? I really didn’t want to know because I knew I would end up feeling really bad about it and would beat myself up over it. I had already had a very emotionally draining week, and I just needed a break from the “down-ness”. So, I opted not to weigh-in and just to try harder this week, and it worked. I lost. Sometimes avoidance is what I need, sometimes it’s not. Part of it is knowing my own limits and not exceeding them. The last time I was on this journey, I learned that about myself. It was a good lesson. Not everyone is wired the same, and it’s good to know what works for you. 🙂
  • ronicaw57
    ronicaw57 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    June Start Weight: 177
    June Goal Weight: 175
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 170-175

June 1: 177
    June 8: 176.7 (-0.3 lbs)
    June 14: 176.3 (-0.4 lbs)
    June 22: 176 (-0.3 lbs)
    June 29: 175.7 (-0.3 lbs)

June Total Loss: -1.3 lbs