JUST FOR TODAY... One day at a time .. Daily Commitment for 2023!

Options

Replies

• more_freggies76
    more_freggies76 Posts: 2,751 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    JFT for 6/23/2023 (today)✔️
    1) No dessert today (last 6/18), but can have sugar free or no sugar added.✔️
    2) None of DH's stash today (including candy, ice cream, bagels, frozen cookies).✔️
    3) No peanut butter today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 6/21)✔️
    4) Don't weigh again until Monday 6/26✔️
    5) No hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 6/20). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.✔️
    6) No honey today(1-3 Tbsp.). (last 6/21) (a little in honey mustard ok)✔️
    7) Nuts ok (22-30 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts, but none of Gary's canned nuts.✔️
    8) No beef jerky today.✔️
    9) Chicken Vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)(last 5/23)✔️Didn't eat today.
    10) No sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today. (last 6/22)✔️
    JFT for 6/24/2023 (tomorrow)✔️
    1) Can have dessert today (last 6/18), but can have sugar free or no sugar added.
    2) None of DH's stash today (including candy, ice cream, bagels, frozen cookies).
    3) No peanut butter today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 6/21)
    4) Don't weigh again until Monday 6/26
    5) Up to 2.0 oz hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 6/20). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    6) No honey today(1-3 Tbsp.). (last 6/21) (a little in honey mustard ok)
    7) Nuts ok (22-30 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts, but none of Gary's canned nuts.
    8) No beef jerky today.
    9) Chicken Vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)(last 5/23)
    10) Sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today. (last 6/22)

Hour commitment - I won't eat again until tomorrow.
    ================== 4DW started =============
    Since MFP is going to close the blogs soon, I have to move my 4DWs (4 Day Wins) here.
    Now in shared file:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zarlETHtkiVUD1O6BKpHA7GCNFJS8IdF/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=108259155343870939869&rtpof=true&sd=true

• emgracewrites
    emgracewrites Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Didn’t have a great day yesterday, but trying to put it behind me. I think instead of looking at my calories per day, I’m going to look at it for the whole week. Maybe that will help me be a little more forgiving toward myself.
  • jennysweet58
    jennysweet58 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Made goals for yesterday, and determined to stay strong this weekend...I want that scale to move some more! It's gonna be a rainy weekend, so there's a lot on the to do list...basically all the cleaning I've been putting off because the weather has been so gorgeous! That and making a giant photo collage of our family vacations to hang in the kitchen...we used to have all individual photos hanging but after the kitchen was re-done it looks so clean and classy, I wasn't about to clutter it all up again with a bunch of photos...but bought a really nice big custom wooden frame from Etsy and will make one big collage we'll hang. The kitchen palette is gray, white & black so the frame will be a nice way to bring in some wood tones that are in the rest of the house, plus a fun pop of color...not to mention wonderful memories. :) I used to be a big fan of a ton of pictures but somehow over the years every time I renovate I end up scaling back because I don't want to clutter my new creation, ha ha! Anyway, hope everyone has a great day!

JFT:
    don't eat until 1pm
    stay within calories
    100 oz water
    either swim or Youtube workout
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,372 Member
    Options

JFT Friday
    - Work by 8:00 :( 8:12 missed my 10 minute window by a bit
    - Work stuff 😀
    - Protein bar for breakfast😀
    - Cereal for lunch😀
    - log food😀
    - stay green😀
    - More water than soda😞
    - no alcohol😀
    - make new playlist for spin class tomorrow😀
    - walk if it isn't raining😞
    - bed by 10:30😀

Good day yesterday. Even with bar food I stayed in my calorie goal for the day. This morning I taught spin class, but didn’t feel great so didn’t ride much of it. Nursing a headache, but no real plans today other than laundry so I should be able to squeeze in a nap. Have a great day!

JFT Saturday
    - Up by 7:30 😀
    - Y by 8:15 😀
    - Teach spin 😀
    - Laundry including bedding
    - Walk
    - No alcohol
    - Log food
    - Stay green
    - Stay on plan
    - Bed by 10:30
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    JFT for 6/24/2023 (today)✔️
    1) Can have dessert today (last 6/18), but can have sugar free or no sugar added.
    2) None of DH's stash today (including candy, ice cream, bagels, frozen cookies).
    5) Up to 2.0 oz hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 6/20). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    7) Nuts ok (22-30 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts, but none of Gary's canned nuts.
    8) No beef jerky today.
    9) Chicken Vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)(last 5/23)
    11) Can have dinner early with FIL. Can eat what I want at the restaurant.

Hour commitment - I won't eat again until after 12 pm.
    Since MFP is going to close the blogs soon, I have to move my 4DWs (4 Day Wins) here.
    Now in shared file:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zarlETHtkiVUD1O6BKpHA7GCNFJS8IdF/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=108259155343870939869&rtpof=true&sd=true

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,222 Member
    Options
    5 mile walk in today .. started at 7:30. By the time I got home, I was soaking wet because of the heat. But it feels so good to start the day with a nice walk!
    The rest of the day will be spent in front of my sewing machine :)
    Hope you all have a great day today.

What we do today affects how we will feel tomorrow!
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitment - After my yogurt, I won't eat again until dinner with FIL. Can still have my dose of metamusal.
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    JFT for 6/24/2023 (today)✔️
    1) Can have dessert today (last 6/18), but can have sugar free or no sugar added.✔️Didn't eat today.
    2) None of DH's stash today (including candy, ice cream, bagels, frozen cookies).✔️
    5) Up to 2.0 oz hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 6/20). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.✔️
    7) Nuts ok (22-30 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts, but none of Gary's canned nuts.✔️
    9) Chicken Vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)(last 5/23)✔️
    10) Sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today. (last 6/22)✔️Didn't eat today.
    11) Can have dinner early with FIL. Can eat what I want at the restaurant.✔️

JFT for 6/25/2023 (tomorrw)✔️
    1) Can have dessert today (last 6/18)
    5) No hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 6/20). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    8) No beef jerky today.

Hour commitment - After my raspberries, I won't eat again until tomorrow.
    Now in shared file:

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,801 Member
    Options
    JFT - Fri June 23
    1.5L of water - 👿
    Log all food - 👿
    15 minutes of movement - 😂
    I have to laugh at the movement because I walked to the end of the street to get an ice cream. It was movement though

I’m not posting goals for Saturday because it’s the end of the day and I’ve done nothing.

JFT - Sun June 25
    1.5L of water
    Log all food
    15 minutes of movement
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,101 Member
    Options
    Made my goals for yesterday...pool is temporarily closed but found a new Youtube channel I really like, called "Burpee Girl." No talking (hooray) just real music and visuals, very simple and clear, plus she has a lot of non-impact & knee-friendly videos...so that is my plan. Still staying strong!

JFT:
    no eating till 1pm
    stay within calories
    100 oz water
    exercise video plus yoga stretch

Haha i like the videos you don't like. The ones with music
    But I do dance cardio.
    I can't do the ones with no sound and just the movements. But I'm easily distracted and if my brain feels bored I find it harder to do. The music stimulates my brain abd I concentrate better on what I'm doing lol!
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,101 Member
    Options
    Recap 6/22 R
    1) Walked dog 4.14 mi :sunglasses: I'm not enjoying getting up early solely to beat the heat, but happy dog
    2) Boxed dinner ordered & pre-logged best guess / net calories zero / 72+ oz. water :( a bit sad, water low again, only 56 oz. and really had to guesstimate for boxed dinner, maybe net cals -212, sodium?
    3) Water rosemary plant before I forget / declutter 15 min. / boil eggs / organize for concert (can cozies, cash, chapstick, phone, bug spray, maybe golf umbrella for shade?) / GBBG concert 6:00 & only one adult beverage / ta-da list ~ so far, contacted ins. agent's office per voice mail & found out we qualified for updated homeowners plan that takes into account our (excellent) credit scores and lack of claims to save almost $250 on annual premium & better coverage = yay! Also with hubby's assist, reordered supplements that we're low on, and Kitty's prescription dry food order has been approved by vet, s/b here in a few days. :smiley: Good day
    4) Floss / retainers / pray / alarm for early dog walk & beat the heat

JFT 6/23 F
    1) PT exercises
    2) Leftovers for supper / net calories zero / 72 oz. water
    3) Call Mom & Dad and arrange next visit / wash dishes / declutter 15 min. / anything else?
    4) Floss / retainers / pray / alarm for farmers market

When my early alarm for dog walk went off, I just couldn't. We already have walked 15.6 miles Mon. - Thurs., and my body told me to rest. So I listened. Tomorrow, dog walk unlikely as I hit the Sat. farmers market as early as possible, then it may be too hot when I get home. Next few days, rain is forecast. I don't mind, we really need the rain, especially the farmers as we're in moderate drought conditions. We've been emptying the rain barrels to water all our planters on a regular basis.

Today we learned a second house on our one block cul de sac is for sale. Both homes are owned by people that were here when we moved in in 2004. So only two other houses haven't changed ownership since we've been here. We aren't great friends but everyone's friendly, they're good neighbors and it makes me sad. But I totally get the downsizing thing.

About me:
    I'm Carmela
    This is my lifestyle. It's. Not. A. Diet.
    Height 5'4"
    65 yrs old
    Reside in Green Bay, WI, USA

2023 Goals:
    1) Ultimate goal weight 150#... I'll be satisfied if I can get back down to 160# this year
    • Post weekly weigh-in on MFP for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I track daily on a separate app (for the visual). My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    • Take measurements & log on MFP every month end ~ 1.31.23 ack! 2.28.23 not better but not worse
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    • Try new recipes now that I have the time
      January: parsnip/potato mash; St. Louis gooey butter cake (Mom's bday) = :smiley::smiley:
      February: creamy bacon corn chowder (slow cooker); banana bread (using applesauce & oil); braised lamb shanks with lentils (slow cooker); apple cake (with buttermilk) = :smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley:
      March / April ???
      May: raisin overnight oats; banana overnight oats = :smile: :smile:
      June: orange choc chip bread = :smiley:
    3) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x)
    January 1x6 days, 1x5 days, 2x4 days = :smiley:
    February 1x6 days, 2x5 days, 1x4 days = :smiley:
    March 2x6 days, 3x5 days = :smiley:
    April 1x3 days, 2X5 days, 1 week not feeling well = :neutral:
    May 2x3 days, 1x4 days, 2x5 days = :)
    June 1x5 days
    • Walk dog 3-4 miles, treadmill when necessary in winter, weights/my home version of circuit & other x-training
    • Continue PT (physical therapy) exercises to strengthen arthritic knees & hip flexor
    4) MapMyWalk app You Vs. the Year 1,023km challenge started on Jan. 1
    January 48.14 miles
    February 55.79 miles YTD 103.93 miles
    March 73.47 miles YTD 177.40 miles
    April 49.52 miles YTD 226.92 miles
    May 71.75 miles YTD 298.67 miles
    • In 2022 I logged 500.4 miles, or 805km. Not the full challenge, but with knee issues early in year, I was happy to get this far.
    5) At least 7,500 steps per day
    • I can earn $10 every month on my Medicare Advantage Plan with 10+ days of 7,500 steps = :smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley:
    6) Participate in my favorite area races ~ I walk, I do not run
    • Registered for Seroogy's Valentine 5K on 2.4.23 ~ skipped 2023 due to frigid temps with wind chill around 0F... didn't want a repeat of overuse injury from last winter. In 2022, I had to cancel race due to inflammation in knees from overuse & arthritis (medico advised) from walking in another frigid 5K.
    • Registered for Bellin 10K on 6.10.23 ~ 1:39:19 ave. pace 15:59 split time 50:07 age group 24/40
    • Registered for Packers 5K on 7.22.23
    • register for Bellin Women's 5K ~ date 10.14.23 (1,000+ for all races in 2022)
    • watch for other events to possibly add ~ learned of Pi Day race, but did not enter
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together
    • Excellent goal previous years, to be continued
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states)
    • Visit parents 1-2 times each month, phone calls in between ~ they're in mid to late 80s and live 90 miles away
    • Monthly contact with former colleagues/others in town, now that I'm retired
      1.12.23 lunch w/ CH
      2.11.23 ART Nite w/ PZ (supper, gallery, bar w/ live music)
      March busy with weekly soup suppers for Lent
      4.26.23 met up with former co-worker Ted, sold him my Honda Civic & re-met his wife
      4.28.23 helped friends PZ & BH move to new condo
      5.7.23 visited/picnic at SIL's house (in town) with numerous in-laws
      5.14.23 visited my aunt & uncle (90 mile drive) since my folks under the weather on Mother's Day
      5.20.23 visited/lunch at BIL's house (30 mile drive) with niece on break from law school in Boston
      5.30.23 coffee & lunch with DE
      6.9.23 lunch w/ Ted (Kim had to cancel)
    9) Continue to declutter bedroom, home office, basement, books in living room
    • Made great progress on first floor of house in 2022, keep going
    Word for 2022-23: Tenacity ~ persistent determination; the mental strength to resist opposition, danger or hardship

We avoid walking Biggie in the heat too. We went to Ash's parents for 5 days a couple of weeks ago. And even though we didn't walk him in the heat, we ended up not walking him at all because he managed to burn his feet on a patch of laminate flooring when the sun came in through her patio windows.

They looked bad so got Sudocren.on him and bought him some doggie socks for next day delivery to stop him licking them x
  • jennysweet58
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Made my goals for yesterday...pool is temporarily closed but found a new Youtube channel I really like, called "Burpee Girl." No talking (hooray) just real music and visuals, very simple and clear, plus she has a lot of non-impact & knee-friendly videos...so that is my plan. Still staying strong!

JFT:
    no eating till 1pm
    stay within calories
    100 oz water
    exercise video plus yoga stretch

Haha i like the videos you don't like. The ones with music
    But I do dance cardio.
    I can't do the ones with no sound and just the movements. But I'm easily distracted and if my brain feels bored I find it harder to do. The music stimulates my brain abd I concentrate better on what I'm doing lol!

Oh these have music - just no chatter. But sometimes I also like no music because then I can just play my own. I'd never be able to work out without any music!! Even in the pool I wear headphones because music is so motivating!
  • jennysweet58
    Options
    Made my goals for yesterday - the pool opened back up so we got a great workout in the morning, and even though it was supposed to rain all day it didn't at all, so we were able to hang around outside and relax...though that meant I didn't get many chores done! Down time is more important. :) Today I'll do food prep for the week - chopped rainbow salad for DH plus will do some oven bbq skinless chicken thighs & cumin lime slaw for dinner which will generate leftovers for the week as well. Made turkey sliders last night (so YUM) and air-fryer french fries. Worth saving my calories for!!

JFT:
    don't eat until 1pm or later
    stay within calories
    pool or youtube workout
    100 oz water
    food prep
    finish photo collage & hang in kitchen
    cleaning :(
  • pamperedlinny
    pamperedlinny Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    JFT:
    💠No more than 1800 calories
    💠Drink at least 72oz water
    💠Walk at least 6000 steps (this needs to work back up to 8,000-10,000 eventually)
    💠No coffee until 8am
    💠No food until 10am
    💠No food after 8pm
    💠Find a few minutes to journal
    💠Try to fit in a quick workout (even if it's only a 15 minute one)
    💠Figure out a dinner plan BEFORE dinner time
    💠Make time to read a chapter of book
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,372 Member
    Options

JFT Saturday
    - Up by 7:30 😀
    - Y by 8:15 😀
    - Teach spin 😀
    - Laundry including bedding😀
    - Walk😞
    - No alcohol😀
    - Log food😀
    - Stay green😀
    - Stay on plan😀
    - Bed by 10:30😀

Slept in too late today. Just feel like a slug. May try a bike ride.

JFT Sunday
    - church 😞
    - Ride
    - Stay on plan
    - Log food
    - Shower
    - Bed by 10:30

• more_freggies76
    Options

JFT for 6/25/2023 (today)✔️
    5) No hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 6/20). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    8) No beef jerky today.

Hour commitment - I won't eat again until after 12 pm.
    Now in shared file:

• more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitment - I won't eat again until supper after 5 pm, but if I want to go get some ice cream, I can. I'm allowed dessert today! I can also have my dose of metamusal. None of the same foods at dinner as at lunch.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,346 Member
    Options
    🦋🪲🐞🪲🦋🪲🐞🪲🦋
    🦋🐞💎 JFT: June 2023 💎🐞🦋
    🦋🪲🐞🪲🦋🪲🐞🪲🦋
    June focus: continue to regaining fitness after op.
    Little by little!!!
    📍Focus: improve fitness level.
    📍Adhere to Solid Habits

Improve fitness level.
    I am gradually increasing the intensity of my formal exercise

🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋
    🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋
    🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋
    🦋🦋🦋🦋
    Current Solid Habits
    👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻
    👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻
    👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻
    👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻

🫶Terri

• more_freggies76
    Options
    JFT for 6/25/2023 (today)✔️
    1) Can have dessert today (last 6/18)✔️Didn't eat today.
    5) No hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 6/20). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.✔️
    9) Chicken Vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)(last 5/23)✔️
    10) Sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today. (last 6/22)✔️

JFT for 6/26/2023 (tomorrow)✔️
    8) No beef jerky today.
    10) No sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today. (last 6/22)

Hour commitment - After my cocoa, I won't eat again until tomorrow.
    Now in shared file:

• jennysweet58
    Options
    Good morning - made it through the weekend staying on plan but damn I am tired today! Hopefully I can work up the energy for a workout & stretch. You know it's funny - or maybe funny isn't the right word - after I had those sliders & air fries on Saturday night, I was craving bad food/alcohol all day yesterday. Thankfully my husband helped keep me strong because if he had started pressuring me like "yeah, let's go out, you'll get right back on track tomorrow" I probably would have caved. He's done that quite a bit in the past, but yesterday he refused to let me give in, knowing how locked in I've been and how excited I am to see progress on the scale. Thank goodness! But I did find it a bit eye-opening...I've been basically following a low-carb plan and so I don't think it's an accident the day after I have white bread and potatoes I am CRAVING sugar the next day. Lesson learned...no more bread or potatoes!!

JFT:
    no eating till 1pm
    stay within calories
    NO BREAD! :)
    workout & stretch
    100 oz of water