Weight Loss Journey - Starting Over

Options
TRANSFORMERSUSU
TRANSFORMERSUSU Posts: 3 Member
edited June 2023 in Health and Weight Loss
Hello everyone! :) I'm Susu. I'm 33, 5'10'' and I'm here to talk about my weight loss journey. I weigh 343 lbs and my goal is to reach at least 200 lbs. I'd be very happy with that being that I'm tall.

I'm not sure if an accountability partner is what I'm looking for. As a matter of fact, I don't know what I'm even doing. I've never been this overweight before. I've been 160-180 lbs. all my life. What am I doing at 343 lbs.??? Jeez!

A lot of my issues comes from who I was before I became obese. I'm not sure if you'd describe it as a pride/ego related issue. However, I'm a former boxer. Fitness/health was my life. I used to be fit and what my body looked like is what people try to accomplish with plastic surgery now a days. Going from someone who was looked up to, someone you can come to for fitness/health advice, is now the walking prime example of what not to do.

I hide myself; I won't go out anywhere in fear I may bump into someone I used to know when I was slimmer and it's really stopping me from living my life. Anyone I've seen was real judgmental saying they didn't recognize me and the looks on their faces was a look of disgust.

I lost my whole family to cancer/heart disease. My siblings and my dad. You'd think that'd scare me into doing what needs to be done to accomplish my goal, but I just find myself sitting in a dark room wondering why life has sucked so much the last few years. I get mad at myself because like I said, I was never like this before, physically and mentally. I was always happy, cared a lot about myself and now...nothing.

Anyways, thought I'd come here to vent and hope that I can meet others who are in a similar situation or has about the same amount of weight to lose. I'd really love to hear what you all are doing to stay on the right track. Thank you for hearing me out!

My questions:
Is anyone here trying to lose between 100 to 140 lbs.?
What's your plan looking like?
When did you start?
Have you lost any weight? If so, how long did it take you? uxncm9jgurlz.jpg

Replies

• LindsM35
    LindsM35 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I can definitely relate to you. Thanks for sharing your story. I am 34 years old and was fit almost my entire life until I got into my 30s and got sick. The medication I take drastically changed my appetite and my working out habits. I played sports most of my life so luckily my muscle is still there. So here is my success story to motivate you :). I have lost 60lbs as of this week!!! I started at 335 lbs on 10/5/22 and I currently weigh 274lbs. I struggled to do a 10 min walk or tie tennis shoes when I started my journey. I work closely with my Nutritionist monthly. I changed how I think about my food. I use MyFitnessPal and Fitbit for all my analyzing. In 2019/2020 I had logged over 560 days of food on MyFitnessPal and lost 45 lbs. I gained that back and way more but here I am having lose more than that. I have consistently logged my food on this app since December. I can now walk 6-7 miles at a time. Today I did 6 miles on a trail with a friend and 16,000 steps. I plan to get back to the weight I was before I got sick, 165 lbs. I currently lose about 8 lbs per month. This year’s goal is to be below 230 lbs, which is about 100 lbs in 15 months. I started my own Meet up walking group and that has really kept me active this year. I hope this helps motivate people. I am open to any questions. Good luck everyone :).
  • linsey0689
    linsey0689 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    I have a lot of weight to lose. I’m 5’ 9” and currently 352 lbs. would love to get to the 200-220 range. Heaviest, known weight 370 and was about 1.5 months back. Been really working hard walk 1-2 times a day and cutting back my carbs. As of a few months ago I found out I’m diabetic and have a fatty liver. I’m 30 I’m not ready for this. Kind of a wake up call for me.

I can’t relate to being thin all my life, actually quite the opposite. I remember shopping at Lane Bryant while in middle school.
  • TRANSFORMERSUSU
    Options
    @linsey0689 I always went to Lane Bryant with my friend who struggled with being overweight all of her life. I never thought I'd be shopping in that store one day for myself but that's ok! I believe we can do it but we have to set our minds to it. I believe it's more mental than physical. Regardless of who has struggled with weight all of their life or who has been fit all of their life and then became obese, the good thing about it is, it can be changed. We have the power to transform ourselves into someone we love and care for. I wish you nothing but the best in your journey. I fell off again and that's why I haven't been online in a while but I'm back and starting over. :)
  • TRANSFORMERSUSU
    Options
    @LindsM35 Your story is very inspirational. It's nice to know that there is someone out there who can relate to me. Congratulations on your weight loss by the way! It is definitely hard to get to that point and takes a lot of work but I do believe I have it in me. I haven't been online in a while because I quit AGAIN but I'm back and starting over. Reading your story motivated me to do better than the last time. I'm hoping I can come back in a year and update everyone on a 100 lb loss at the least. Actually, I AM going to come back update everyone on a 100 lb. weight loss! :)