MFP Biggest Loser Challenge

Options

Replies

• alibaba0310
    Options
    when i rearrange the teams, i might just delete the people from the list who havent checked in yet. theyr probably just not interested anymore. i might transfer one person to the purple team too, because they only have three members, and only one of them checked in this week.

for the sodium count, if people could email me the amount of sodium they consumed each day on friday or saturday (only counting m-f), that would be great. thank!
  • laurielou04
    laurielou04 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    go team blue! :)
  • bekkadillon
    bekkadillon Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I just joined and would love to be on a team! Can I still join, maybe take someone's spot who has dropped out?
    Please let me know, I don't have any friends on here and could sure use some motivation and support.
    Bekka
  • AmyByExample
    AmyByExample Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I love the idea of tracking sodium, as I pay it no attention. I think I use the excuse of having very low blood pressure (usually about 102/54).... but there are other health risks - and who wants any extra bloat? No thank you - not moi!!!

I will send you my total for the week Friday or Saturday.

C'mon Green - let's get this one!

Hugs,

Amy :0)
  • sarahkova
    sarahkova Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    okay so Sodium and I are really close friends :)

what do you all eat that are low sodium snacks and foods?! maybe we can share a list so that we can all succeed!
  • MoLivesLuvsLifts
    MoLivesLuvsLifts Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Everyone,

I copied this low sodium list earlier this year from one of the MFP forums. Hope it's helpful too you! Here's a list of foods that are low sodium:

Kettle Chips Unsalted
    That's correct. There are chips in the universe which are prepared without additional salt! In fact, Kettle Chips Unsalted have zero milligrams of sodium per serving. One serving does contain two grams of fiber, however. The simple list of ingredients is as follows: select russet potatoes and expeller pressed high monounsaturated safflower and/or sunflower oil. Now you can eat chips while avoiding the salt!

Of course best option is to choose fresh or frozen fruits and vegetables without salt added. This is a good alternative to canned fruits and vegetables that use salt for taste and preservatives. If you eat canned vegetables rinse them and cook with water and not the juice they come with.

Newman's Own Unsalted Organic Microwave Popcorn
    This filling snack only has 20mg of sodium per serving. The primary ingredient is organic popcorn. Additionally, you are sure to take in 5g of dietary fiber per serving, along with 3g of protein. All these benefits go hand in hand with its fabulous flavor.

Planning your meals around low sodium foods can help you to control the amount of sodium in your diet. Low sodium foods are those that have under 150 mg of sodium per serving. Some foods that are lower in sodium include:

Grains
    •Whole grain bread
    •Shredded Wheat cereal
    •Puffed rice or puffed wheat cereal
    •Steel cut oats
    •Low salt whole grain crackers
    •Whole grain pastas cooked without salt in the water
    •Kaishi cereals
    •Most granolas
    •Health valley breakfast bars

Condiments
    •Unsalted butter
    •Oils
    •Grey Poupon Dijon style mustard
    •Herbs
    •Horseradish
    •Vinegar
    •Jams and jellies
    •Heinz or Hunts ketchup (between 0 to 6 mg)
    •Spectrum roasted garlic mayonnaise
    •Hain Eggless mayonnaise

Dairy
    •Low salt cheeses
    •Sour cream
    •Ice cream
    •Skim milk

Proteins
    •Unprocessed meats and poultry (chicken, beef, fish - avoid bacon, lunch meat and deli meats)
    •Eggs
    •Unsalted nuts
    •Rinsed low sodium canned meats
    •Unsalted nut butters

Fruits and Vegetables
    •All fresh fruits
    •All fresh vegetables
    •Low or no salt canned fruits and vegetables
    •Low or no salt canned tomato sauce

Snacks
    •Air popped popcorn, unsalted
    •Bearito's Little Bear and Blue corn chips
    •Guiltless Gourmet unsalted corn chips
    •Tostito's Natural corn chips
    •Most fruit chips
    •Kettle salt-free potato chips
    •Terra brand chips
    •New York Style plain bagel and pita chips
    •Weight watchers cheese curls
    •Keebler Town House low sodium crackers
    •Nabisco low sodium triscuits and wheat thinks
    •Goldfish crackers

Convenience Foods
    •Healthy Choice frozen meals
    •Campbells low sodium soups
    •Health Valley beef and chicken broths
    •Nature's promise chicken broth
    •Pacific Natural chicken broth
    •Health Valley vegetarian chili
    •Health Valley soups
    •Amy's Organic Lite foods
    •Lean Cuisine - Pasta with Tomato Basil sauce and Chicken a L'Orange
    •Gorton's Grilled Fish fillets
    •Mrs. Paul's Flounder Fillets
    •Tyson's Breaded Chicken Breast Tenders
    •Kid Cuisine Primo Pepperoni Pizza (frozen)
    •Hot Pockets Toaster Breaks, Double Cheese
    •Cascadian Farm Organic oven fries, hash browns and country-style potatoes
    •Simply Potatoes shredded hash browns
  • opalmel
    opalmel Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I just joined and would love to be on a team! Can I still join, maybe take someone's spot who has dropped out?
    Please let me know, I don't have any friends on here and could sure use some motivation and support.
    Bekka

Welcome to the group. This is a great place to find motivation and support. I sent you a friend request too.

Opal
  • Letty_c
    Letty_c Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Great job everyone!!!!!!!!!
    come on green we've got the next one
  • sarahkova
    Options
    How is everybody doing with their sodium?!
  • laurielou04
    laurielou04 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    i did terrible yesterday but pretty good so far today.
  • Letty_c
    Options
    not so good and I was going what is the deal!!! yeah it's my lunch meat I'm thinking I need a different type
  • JennedyJLD
    JennedyJLD Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I'd love to be a part of this! (If there's a next time - looks like I missed the boat this time!)
  • sarahkova
    Options
    not so good and I was going what is the deal!!! yeah it's my lunch meat I'm thinking I need a different type

lunch meat is super high all around...even the low sodium stuff is high :(
  • Letty_c
    Options

lunch meat is super high all around...even the low sodium stuff is high :(

well that's depressing.... I love my sandwiches and my lunch meat.....
  • sarahkova
    Options
    me too letty i haven't been eating many lately because I am home (SAHM) and I can do other things...but I literally spent 30 minutes on sunday looking at every darn container because I soooo want a sandwich...I got some that was 320mg of sodium but that still is high...oh well in moderation I guess. It is our store brand of all things that was that low...

what do you use for bread? I have used the sara Lee thins buns, and the flatouts, and every now and then I have the bread my family eats...Home Pride wheat...which really isn't that healthy I want to switch to something else but am looking for suggstions from others.
  • Letty_c
    Options
    me too letty i haven't been eating many lately because I am home (SAHM) and I can do other things...but I literally spent 30 minutes on sunday looking at every darn container because I soooo want a sandwich...I got some that was 320mg of sodium but that still is high...oh well in moderation I guess. It is our store brand of all things that was that low...

what do you use for bread? I have used the sara Lee thins buns, and the flatouts, and every now and then I have the bread my family eats...Home Pride wheat...which really isn't that healthy I want to switch to something else but am looking for suggstions from others.

320gm is a lot but at least it's not 1000gm!!!!! when I realized that I was like wow!!!!! my bread I miss my Harper's bread!!!! but we've been getting oroweat- double fiber and it's 80 calories a slice. Which I've gotten use to and actually started liking. and it has kept me under my carbs too!
  • catjrow3
    catjrow3 Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    What are we shooting for with sodium? I just remembered today to add that in the column on the MFP page and lordy, mine is not too low at all!! UGH!
  • bekkadillon
    bekkadillon Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I joined late. Can someone tell me what team I am on?
    Thanks
  • sarahkova
    Options
    today my sodium was bad however, I drank a good deal of water to make up for it...

Bekkadillion I believe that once the teams were made that people were turned away from joining I could be wrong but I was pretty sure that we were set...
  • AmyByExample
    AmyByExample Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

okieworkout - thank you for the great list of low sodium choices!

I'll try to work some of these in.

tomorrow is last chance workout day! Let's go!!

Hugs,

Amy