trying to complete this month

Options
My name is Richie from California --- So I've lost 2 pounds this month , eating right and exercising, trying very hard to not give up. I need to lose 14 pounds so its important to me :)

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,130 Member
    Options
    That's good progress so far! What is making it so hard that you're worried you will give up? Sometimes smaller but easier changes in habits can get us to goal weight in less calendar time than more difficult or extreme measures that risk breaks or giving up. Then there's the matter of keeping at a healthy weight long term.

I'm wishing you good results and continuing progress: Hang in there, you can do it!
  • mgalsf12
    mgalsf12 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Two pounds a month, that sounds about right. Good job!
  • richardmarez
    richardmarez Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    mgalsf12 wrote: »
    Two pounds a month, that sounds about right. Good job!

Thank you , ive done it before so i know I can do it again "D
  • richardmarez
    richardmarez Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    That's good progress so far! What is making it so hard that you're worried you will give up? Sometimes smaller but easier changes in habits can get us to goal weight in less calendar time than more difficult or extreme measures that risk breaks or giving up. Then there's the matter of keeping at a healthy weight long term.

I'm wishing you good results and continuing progress: Hang in there, you can do it!

Thank you , Mostly i stop eating healthy and when i stop keeping track i tend to just eat whatever i want , then it turns into a few weeks and ive gained my weight back that a lost . never ending cycle pretty much
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,130 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »

Thank you , Mostly i stop eating healthy and when i stop keeping track i tend to just eat whatever i want , then it turns into a few weeks and ive gained my weight back that a lost . never ending cycle pretty much

Maybe I'm just a weirdo, but from my perspective, perfection isn't necessary. Pretty good, on average, most of the time . . . that can take a person places. (My perspective = year 7+ of maintaining a healthy weight after roughly 30 previous years of overweight/obesity.)

In particular, while combining "healthy food" with "calorie appropriate amounts" and "regular exercise" is ideal, it's possible to lose and maintain weight on a mix of foods, including some of what most people would call less than ideally healthy choices (or some less-healthy meals, days, even the rare week). It's also very possible to become more fit (and burn more calories) doing fun/practical things that just involve moving more.

I don't know about you, but I can't handle being perfect every day for the rest of forever! A "pretty good" regimen I can stick to most of the time - ideally almost on autopilot long term - is a route to better health and especially healthy weight than a perfection that won't stick. The majority of my days determine the majority of my outcome, I'm pretty convinced.

The exact tactics are going to be different for you than me, because we're all individuals with unique preferences, strengths, challenges. Can you continue logging regardless of whether a meal/day(s) is good, bad or truly ugly? Can you gradually add fun activities (not necessarily official "exercise") into more of your days? Get back into a nutritious cycle a bit more quickly after an indulgence? Plan some calories for some very craveable treats (that you're capable of moderating)? Cut back portion size or frequency of some calorie-dense treat foods that you can't quite get yourself to drop entirely? And so forth.

Just a thought. I'm probably a weirdo. ;)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,522 Member
    Options
    Repetition and consistency get you there. Just be diligent.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 35+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png