Melwillbehealthy Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    I went to Ireland and England.
  • pdd1216
    pdd1216 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    JNettie73 wrote: »
    @Melwillbehealthy
    I hope you had a great time on your vacation! Where did you go?

I try to pop in once a week. Nsk1951 is dealing with some major health issues so this has taken a back seat. I don't know where everyone else has been.

I am part of a few other threads that are more active than this one. You should come over to this one. The people in there are really nice.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10880835/my-100-pound-journey-join-me-to-lose-100-or-more-by-2024#latest

LOL....I just looked to see what group you were talking about....and it's the one we are in! It has been quiet there as well and I was hunting around to see what else is out there. :smiley: Must be the summer lull!
  • Cathy_54321
    Cathy_54321 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Wednesday Wish - everything on my to-do-list was done
  • Melwillbehealthy
    Options
    @pdd1216 must be!
  • JNettie73
    JNettie73 Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    @pdd1216
    It is!!! This group used to be like that one a long time ago. Now the posts are far and few. I miss the way this thread used to be. But am glad I found the other one. Though I don't get on to post as much as I would like.
  • mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    @Melwillbehealthy- I hope you had a wonderful time on your trip.

I also try to pop in once a week. However, I started to get depressed for a little bit. I think it has to do with my hormones and old age changes. So I totally tuned out everything. I also don’t really log my food anymore so I have to be super intentional about coming and checking out the group. However, it is also summertime here in Minnesota and we don’t get very much summer so I try to stay busy outside as much as possible in off my phone. But the biggest part has been trying to battle the hormone mood changes lack of motivation, wanting to engage and other things that I’m experiencing with my health for the first time in 26 years (i.e a visit from aunt Flo)
  • Melwillbehealthy
    edited July 2023
    Options
    Ladies, I’ve joined a challenge for the first time. I’m mostly posting on the challenge thread. I thought that might help keep me on track. Also, I feel the ‘death’ of this thread. Like, JNettie, I remember how vibrant this thread used to be. It’s sad that has gone.
  • JNettie73
    Options
    Just popping in to say hi. Has anyone heard from NSK1951? I have been thinking of her a lot lately.

I've been dealing with a lot of stress this month. The stress has my glucose all over the place. I'm doing everything right but am feeling the effects of my stress. I have not had the will to work on any of my new goals for July - stretching and yoga. I am going to make them my goals for August. I've been doing okay-ish with eating, weighing and logging my food. (Some days I didn't measure, weigh or log) I've been fluctuating between 202.4 and 202.8. My lowest MFP recorded weight is 202.2. I am so close.

• mnwalkingqueen
    Options
    @Melwillbehealthy - cheering you on for your challenge.

@JNettie73- I have not heard from NSK1951, praying that things are okay for her.

I agree with both of you this thread was really great in the past it seems during Covid it fizzled a bit.
    If any of you are in this heat wave areas be safe.
    If you want to be friends on facebook you can look me up Holly Lee Minneapolis MN - my picture is of red and yellow blown glass statue.
    I haven’t weighed in a few weeks when flo returned I ate like no one ever feed me before it was horrible all my bad habits came back and I was mentally struggling so gave in to urges. With the heat coming into town for a week, I’m gonna try my hardest to get back on track. I made chicken and cream of mushroom rice with broccoli today and should be enough to last until Wednesday. They actually had tomatoes in at Aldi when I was there this weekend so I could have tomato sandwiches with guacamole instead of mayo.
    I think I will start doing those five sets of exercises for one minute each again. And due to the heat, I will probably be doing living room to kitchen pacing like I do in the winter time to get my steps in.

• JNettie73
    Options
    I could just cry. Yesterday was another bad day emotionally. I received another upsetting email. I was angry, I was crying, I felt lost and hopeless. I ended up talking it out and felt a bit better after. I am still a long way from the unfortunate situation I am dealing with from being resolved.

This morning I got on the scale and to my surprise I weighed in at 199.8!!!! OMG OMG OMG. I did it!!! I finally broke the 200 lb mark. I really needed this win today. I have my follow up with my doctor on Thursday. I am hoping this new weight sticks around and wasn't just a temporary tease. I am not going to record it until the weekend on my usual weigh in day. I hope it stays.

@mnwalkingqueen
    I sent you a friend request on FB
  • mnwalkingqueen
    Options
    @JNettie73- 🎉🎉 on wonderland. I am sorry that you had an emotional day, but I am glad that you were able to process it without stuffing your face.

well, it has been very hot and humid here the last few days so we weren’t able to get outside like we usually do(we meaning me and my dog). However, I got some much-needed housework done and although I hated doing it while in the moment, I’m glad it got done. I would say my biggest victory this week so far that I have had is cooking chicken and rice bake in the oven and eating it this week for lunch.
  • JNettie73
    Options
    @mnwalkingqueen
    Thank you.
    Yesterday I had my follow up doctor appointment. I am officially no longer prediabetic!!! She said all of my labs looked great too. She did recommend putting me on a new medication for diabetes. Though said I don't need it for diabetes but it helps with weight loss. I declined her offer and I think my response took her by surprise. I don't like taking medications unless absolutely necessary. I feel I have come this far on my own. I know I can do it. For me it doesn't matter how fast or slow the weight comes off. What matters to me is that I can get it off and maintain it for the rest of my life. She said she understood but did tell me if I change my mind to message her and she will put in the script for it.

We've been having a heat wave here too. I have not worked in the gardens much because of it. The other day I got in my car, shut the door and my entire back window shattered. I was shocked to say the least. After doing some research it seems like this can happen and has to do with temperature changes. Who knew!!! I think we are supposed to get some relief this weekend.

I hate doing house work too. But once it is done it is so lovely and satisfying.
  • Buckeyebabe7l7
    Buckeyebabe7l7 Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    @JNettie73 I am so sorry for what ever happened that made you so upset. I have days and things like that. BUT I am so glad the scale showed progress that made you feel better and even better I am very happy you are no longer pre-diabetic!!!! That's is so awesome! Your health is so important and all your hard work is paying off in years added to your life. Kudos to you!

I have never heard of the window shattering due to heat too, and that would scare the *kitten* out of me! It's been hot here too.

Take care!
  • mnwalkingqueen
    Options
    @JNettie73 - I am so happy for you that you got your lab work in a good spot. You should be proud. That’s all your hard work. I’m also super proud of you for turning down your doctor and the medication. I know lots of people who have started taking that medication just for losing weight and nothing else but you don’t know down the road how is going to harm your body or not. I am with you I only take medication when it’s absolutely necessary, even then, my doctor knows me enough to know that I may or may not take it. I will argue with her till I am purple in the face Especially if the medicine makes me feel crappy.
    AFM- I’m realizing how much your mental health goes along with your physical health. I’m just trying to enjoy my life and be me and be happy being me. Honestly, I haven’t weighed myself in over a month because the scale depresses me and makes me mentally manic. I also stopped counting the calories just eat more fruits, vegetables and protein because counting calories was making me stressed. I probably will be a bad person to offer advice for, I’m just gonna live my best life and be happy doing it without going back up the scale. Not sure fully what that looks like yet.. I have switched to no caffeine soda that is sold in the health food area of the store. I will say the mornings have been quite foggy for me. However, I’ve been able to get back on track with a morning walk every day which I really need to feel mentally good to starting out my day.
  • JNettie73
    Options
    Goals:
    • Gilad's XCelerate 4 - The program consists of 4 different workouts. Each day you focus on something different. Once you complete the rotation you take a day or two off to rest then start again.
    • Yoga - On my non Gilad day I would like to start yoga
    • Stretching

@mnwalkingqueen
    Thank you! My doctor looked really surprised when I didn't jump on the opportunity for the medication. The side effects and not knowing the long term effects are enough of a turn off for me. If I have not been successful doing what I am doing I may have considered taking it. But that is not the case.

Your mental health really does coincide with your physical health. I think back to the person who I was 2 years ago, 3 years ago, 5 years ago and compare with who I am today. I am not only in a much better place physically but mentally. I am so much happier. I have also noticed things I used to tolerate I no longer tolerate. During the past 2 years I have learned to set clear boundaries and stand up for myself instead of always trying to make everyone else happy.

I don't think you are a bad person to offer advice. I completely understand the living your best life motto.
    A few months ago I attended a plant-based summit regarding weight loss. Their method revolved with the notion that you do not have to count calories since plant-based foods are naturally lower in calories. They said you could eat as much of you want of what you want and still lose weight. They said you will lose weight, it will come off over time but may not come off quickly. I gave it a try for about 6 months. In that time I mostly maintained my weight, but did fluctuate 5-7 lbs up and down here and there. I have to say it was really easy to do and a lot less tedious than having to use my food scale to weigh and log everything. That method didn't work for me as far as weight loss though. Calorie counting is what works best for me. So needless to say, it's back to the food scale for me. LOL
  • nsk1951
    nsk1951 Posts: 1,295 Member
    Options
    Hi 'regulars' ... I don't blame you for lamenting the lack of responses on our thread. It was so active at one time, but I suppose it's time has passed. RobinsEgg, who started this thread so long ago left MFP a long time ago. But then, this is a support thread for losing weight, and that is, hopefully, a journey that comes to an end at some future point. Or people just get caught up in other 'things' and stop posting, thus a drop in position on the boards, thus a spiral to less and less as times roll on by.

AFM, I thought I'd stop by today to give a little update on my cancer therapy that put the stop to my focus of continued weight loss. ... I am frustrated to report that there has been no meaningful progression in my treatment for it.

Everything moves at less than a snails pace, apparently, here in my small city. I may have found a better treatment organization had I been willing/able to travel back and forth to a large city; however I chose to go with the medical support we have here; thinking it best to be as local as possible instead. So, 3 months out the most that has happened is meeting with an oncologist and also a surgeon to find out what types of treatment might be suitable to me. Currently I am attempting to get the pre-treatment medical clearances for surgery. As it turns out, my cardiologists practice did an echo of my heart but didn't send in a surgery approval letter to the surgeon's office and the cardiologist is on a month-long absence from the practice. Plus, the surgeon did not tell me what other clearances I would require so none of those have been arranged ... jee-whiz!!! What a stressful situation!. But .. one step at a time!

As for my weight ... it's maintaining at a steady number despite a significant loss of appetite on my part. I do strive to eat a healthy, calorie and nutritionally dense meal when I do eat; knowing that I won't want any more for an extended time. Well ... at least I only need to worry about preparing one meal instead of two or three a day! Yippie??

I'll stop back again at some future time. In the meantime, I hope you are holding steady emotionally and physically, and moving progressively towards your weight management goals. Talk later!

• mnwalkingqueen
    Options
    @nsk1951- I am so glad you checked in with us. I’ve been hoping and praying that you have been doing OK. I’m sorry to hear that the doctor situation has been such a pain in the bottom for you. I hope things get cleared up so that you can get the surgery that you need. I will keep you in my prayers, I hope you have a good support system where you’re at because I’m sure you go through ups and downs
    As for me, I’m working on eating only when I’m hungry right now. Still trying to incorporate more healthy choices and eating at home more. Weighed in this morning, and I am down 1 pound. Hope everyone is doing well!
  • JNettie73
    edited August 2023
    Options
    My week has been stressful. I am dealing with a situation that is looking like I may have to take someone to court. I am in the process of interviewing lawyers and finding out my options. To make things even more enjoyable, I ended up burning my hand mid week as I was distracted and completely forgot that the pan I had just taken out of the oven was hot. I found out quickly when I picked it up with my bare hand to move it. Needless to say I spent the rest of the night with an ice pack on it. Any time the air hit my hand the pain was unbearable. I ended up falling asleep holding my ice pack. To my surprise when I woke up the next morning there were no signs of my burn.

My husband and I celebrated our 15th wedding anniversary. We celebrated by going out to dinner at one of my favorite restaurants. It's an Indian fusion restaurant and over looks the harbor. It was a rainy day so we didn't get the amazing sunset views that we usually get. The food was delicious. I decided to try something new, vegetable uttapam. It was amazing. I was really happy with my choice. Uttapam is a mixture of lentils and rice that is formed into a batter and cooked like a pancake. They mixed vegetables into it and served with two sauces and a spicey lentil soup. The sauces were good but honestly the uttapam was so flavorful that it really didn't need the sauces.

Today we are going to take a trip out east and go peach picking. Then we will see what else we find on our adventure. I am really excited. I have been wanting to go peach picking for a while now. The eastern end of the island consists of a lot of farms and vineyards. There are always all sorts of festivals going on, roadside farm stands, live music and so on. It should be a great day.

I hope everyone has a good week!

@nsk1951
    Sorry to hear things are moving very slowly for you. I am sure that must be very frustrating for you. I hope things start moving soon and you can begin treatment. Wishing you the best.

@mnwalkingqueen
    Congrats on the loss! I hope you had fun at the concert. From the pictures you posted on FB it looks like you had a fantastic time. <3
  • mnwalkingqueen
    Options
    Hey Everyone!
    I tried something new tonight. I made homemade sweet potato fries. Epic fail, slightly burnt, which is normal for me even with store-bought, sweet potato fries. But they weren’t crispy. I wanted them to be crispy. I cook them in the oven. Maybe that was the problem I don’t know, but I still eat them anyway.
    @JNettie73- Sorry to hear you’re going through so much stress. I pray that everything turns out in the end. Thank you for asking. Yes I had a blast at the concert. I highly recommend that you guys put P!nk on your bucket list for concerts. The next one coming up is Duran Duran at the Minnesota state fair. Then in October I’m going to visit my sister in Kentucky and we’re headed to the smoky mountains for a sister weekend. Should be interesting. We’ve never been alone that long before together. We usually end up annoyed with each other so I’m praying all will go good.