What We're Eating

Options

Replies

• donidaily
    donidaily Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    I’m still here! Hanging on by my fingernails some days.

Breakfast: so my favorite restaurant just started doing brunch and I had to check it out! Perfect tomato toast made with grilled sourdough, tomatoes, garlic, anchovies, and herbs, then half a serve of corn cakes with chili jam (brought home the rest, I wouldn’t usually order two dishes lol), plus iced coffee
    Lunch: obviously I was full for hours but later I had three rice cakes with cheddar spread, and three fresh apricots
    Evening: two glasses of rosé, two gingernuts
  • donidaily
    Options
    Breakfast: salad of lettuce, baby bell peppers, snap peas, carrots, pepitas, aleppo pepper, olive oil; sourdough toast with avocado and sliced tomato
    Snack: iced coffee
    Lunch: caught up with friends I haven’t seen in ages, so definitely was a little relaxed, cheese and spinach filo pie, grilled zucchini with lemon and pine nuts, cucumber with labne and zaatar, wine, two pieces of turkish delight, a few bites of watermelon, half a donut

I should add, this was eaten over about six hours and accompanied with plenty of seltzer, it was a lovely day! Going on team retreat for work the next three days so it’s going to be a lot of catered food 😬
  • donidaily
    Options
    I’m on team retreat at work (which just means we go to a different office to talk about big picture stuff) so lots of catered food to navigate. Day one of three down!

Breakfast: salad of lettuce, baby bell peppers, snap peas, carrots, pepitas, avocado, aleppo pepper, olive oil (prepped yesterday), two cups of tea
    Snack: well I had second breakfast at the retreat, a small bagel with cream cheese and some
    fruit (tomorrow I will wait to eat there, I didn’t know what to expect today)
    Lunch: salad with roasted salmon, a few salt & vinegar chips, a probiotic soda
    Snack: diet coke
    Happy hour: a negroni and two slices of pizza

In conclusion, could have been better, could have been worse.
  • justanotherjen13
    justanotherjen13 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join in.

Breakfast: coffee with French vanilla creamer
    Lunch: chicken salad sandwich, small baked potato with margarine and peas
    Snack: lots of grape tomatoes (like eating candy, I swear)
    Dinner: pork tenderloin roast, jasmine rice, sauteed mushrooms and onions, broccoli (just a touch of gravy to bring it all together)
  • LenGray
    LenGray Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    I didn't do a great job at eating today. I was about 300 or so under my calorie goal and waaaayyyy low on protein.

Breakfast: Coffee with soy milk, a bowl of raisin bran, and a banana
    Lunch: Ramen noodles with dumplings
    Snack 1: Roasted black bean and garlic chips with chunky salsa
    Exercise: Nope.

I'm a bit concerned about the streak of low-protein days I've been having lately, so I think I might make a challenge for myself to hit 100g per day this week.
  • gentlygently
    gentlygently Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Welcome ‘just another’ Jen - though I am sure you are just as special as all the rest!

I am still holidaying here in Wales and not looking at MfP so much - but we did have one of the best meals of my life the other day - a 6 course taster menu at a very posh (rosettes and stars and awards) hotel to celebrate 25 years together! The food was fabulous…local lobster, beef, halibut in simply divine sauces.

A ‘who cares about calories’ meal! However the interesting thing about a taster menu is that it rather proves the point about the first few mouthfuls being the best. All the portions were small, and every mouthful a real pleasure. I think it will make portion control much easier for me in future. Quality not quantity!

Back down to Earth - today so far:

Boiled egg with pumpernickel toast
    Snack: baby belle cheese (mm ok maybe does not for the quality criteria!) , mini bruschetta toasts and some roasted almonds - on our hike in the hills
    Lunch: ham on pumpernickel, some Welsh cheeses on crackers, cherry tomatoes and raspberries.

Good luck with the work retreat DD - you seem to be surviving so far! And do you find low protein makes you feel more blue/lethargic LG - and impacts your desire to exercise?

I have an infected wasp sting so now in antibiotics - so no more Welsh whisky for me… but at least I am back up and moving again today..

• Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    I was going to start posting here again this week, but ended up with food poisoning so that will be delayed. Yesterday I ate some applesauce and jello while drinking gatorade. Today has been 3/4 of a banana, gatorade, and some ginger ale. Super exciting.
  • donidaily
    Options
    Day two of work retreat, and I waited to have breakfast there today.

Breakfast: yogurt, granola, and berries, coffee with a little milk
    Snack: dried raisins and apricots
    Lunch: a grilled vegetable and feta focaccia, lemon and ginger probiotic soda
    Snack: a chocolate chip cookie, Diet Coke
    Evening: carrots and cauliflower with hummus, then two chocolate digestives and…two mini ice cream cones

Ended up a little over. Retreat was intense today so I think when I got home I treated myself with the cookies and ice cream. Dang.

• justanotherjen13
    Options
    Went a little off my daily routine (which is apparently 16/8 intermittent fasting?) and had breakfast. It didn't go well. I just can't handle sugary foods early in the morning. It makes me starving by 10am (if I skip breakfast, I'm usually fine until noon before I start to feel hungry). I think I'll save cereal to have as an after-dinner treat instead. I also gave in and had a little bit of ice cream before everyone ate it all.

Breakfast: generic Life cereal; coffee with French vanilla creamer
    After-walk Snack: banana (to recover from blood-sugar shenanigans the cereal caused)
    Lunch: chicken, turkey & provolone sandwich; baby carrots; grape tomatoes; half a dill pickle
    Dinner: (leftovers) pork tenderloin roast; jasmine rice; sauteed mushrooms and onions; broccoli
    Dessert: 2 mini ice cream cones with Tillamook White Chocolate Raspberry ice cream

Still managed to stay under calorie-wise if I take into account exercise calories.
  • donidaily
    Options
    Breakfast: overnight oats with chia seeds, greek yogurt, and blueberries
    Snack: iced matcha
    Lunch: salad of lettuce, cucumber, snap peas, pepitas, and hot smoked salmon, dressed with salt, aleppo pepper, and olive oil
    Snack: a veggie empanada
    Evening: a small donut peach and a tim tam (a chocolate cookie)

I’m thinking of adding a protein powder to my overnight oats, anyone recommend one they like?
  • Athijade
    Options
    For yesterday:

Breakfast: Vanilla Carnation Instant Breakfast
    Lunch: salad of romaine, cherry tomatoes, avocado, chicken, candied pecans, blue cheese, and balsamic vinaigrette.
    Snack: 3 pieces of "party rye" with liver sausage pate and some honey dew melon
    Dinner: 4 ham and cheese sliders and olives
    Dessert: Minute Maid Strawberry Aqua Fresca.

I am still recovering from the food poisoning and then a kidney infection. So my eating is all over the place.
  • donidaily
    Options
    Hope you feel better soon @Athijade, sounds like a rough time.

Breakfast: overnight oats with chia seeds, greek yogurt, and blueberries
    Snack: iced coffee, cucumber and carrots with hummus
    Lunch: salad of lettuce, cucumber, snap peas, pepitas, and hot smoked salmon, dressed with salt, aleppo pepper, and olive oil
    Snack: protein smoothie
    Evening: the last donut peach, a mini ice cream cone

A good day with lots of delicious fruit and veg!
  • Athijade
    Options
    Breakfast: Strawberry Carnation Instant Breakfast
    Lunch: 3 ham and cheese sliders and olives
    Snack: Honey dew melon
    Dinner: Roasted boneless, skinless chicken thighs and parmesan pasta roni
    Dessert: Chocolate pudding cup and a mini ginger ale

Meals right now are just not that fun or exciting. Though I will say dinner is exactly what I needed. I was looking for basic comfort and it hit the spot.
  • donidaily
    Options
    Breakfast: overnight oats with chia seeds, greek yogurt, and mixed berries
    Snack: iced matcha
    Lunch: some leftover vegetable tagine, a boiled egg, slice of toasted sourdough (fridge odds and ends)
    Snack: banana
    Evening: dinner out at an Indian restaurant, served family style, I had a little rice, saag paneer, chaat, vegetable dumpling (not sure of the proper name!), and paratha, an alcohol-free beer to drink
  • justanotherjen13
    Options
    Lunch: chicken & provolone sandwich on wheat with carrots and sweet & spicy chili rice cakes
    Dinner: cajun tilapia with black bean & corn salsa over brown rice with broccoli and brussles sprouts
    "Dessert": generic Life cereal
  • donidaily
    Options
    @justanotherjen13 I looove cereal for dessert!

FRIDAY
    Breakfast: overnight oats with chia seeds, oat milk (ran out of yogurt), and mixed berries
    Snack: draft latte
    Lunch: falafel wrap with lettuce, tomato, and tahini sauce, side of steamed broccoli with a little olive oil and salt
    Snack: cucumber with hummus, a recess seltzer Evening: cold sesame ramen omg this was so so good (unplanned, but so good) and a random cocktail

SATURDAY
    Breakfast: rockmelon and 1oz ricotta salata
    Snack: iced cold brew with oat milk
    Lunch: jian bing (Chinese kind of crepe, been wanting to try it for ages!) and a Thai milk bubble tea, fueling up to donate blood
    Snack: potato chips after 👆
    Dinner: two slices of NY’s best pizza, a glass of orange wine with seltzer on ice, I might still have a yasso frozen yogurt bar

• donidaily
    Options
    Funny story, today’s sandwich for lunch was NOT the plan. Our office manager cleaned my lunch and snacks out of the refrigerator! She does this periodically and I get that there were some things in there that needed to be tossed (not mine) but I had such a nice packed lunch and found it literally in the trash. After I got over my loss I had to laugh!

Breakfast: kale salad with quinoa, dried cherries, pumpkin seeds, ricotta salata, dill, and mustard vinaigrette
    Snack: iced coffee, some blackberries
    Lunch: toasted panini with broccoli rabe, eggplant, mushrooms, tapenade and fresh mozzarella
    Snack: handful of cherry tomatoes, cheddar sun chips
    Evening: some cantaloupe, a mini ice cream cone
  • justanotherjen13
    Options
    Lunch: turkey/chicken/provolone sandwich on sourdough with carrots and low-fat cottage cheese
    Dinner: bacon mushroom cheeseburger on sourdough
    Snack: white cheddar Cheetos (half serving)
  • Athijade
    Options
    Breakfast: Chocolate Carnation Instant Breakfast (ever since I was so sick, I am hungry in the mornings but can not stomach much. These at least let me get SOMETHING down.)
    Lunch: 2 pieces of grilled chicken, 2 hawaiian rolls, and bean salad
    Snack: Strawberries and raspberries
    Dinner: Taco bowl (taco meat, fresh pico, avocado, taco sauce, cheese, sour cream, and black olives) with some chips
    Dessert: Snickers bar
    Drink: Minute Maid Mango Aqua Fresca
  • MachOne4
    MachOne4 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: tea, toast, 2 boiled eggs
    Lunch: vegetable soup (home made) 3 slices of whole grain bread
    Dinner: Fish fingers (6), beans, mash potato
    Snack: Decaf tea and banana