The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Options

Replies

• Anna022119
    Anna022119 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Hey there middle-agers 😃 Nice to see some new and older peeps.. not "old" ya know what I mean 😂
    Thanks Jenni for the bump @IslandGal3 its been ages since I've been in the forums much. Wishing everyone a successful year ahead. Let's hit some goals 🙂

Hi Jo and Jenni, almost August, the year is flying by!
  • IslandGal3
    IslandGal3 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Anna022119 wrote: »
    Hey there middle-agers 😃 Nice to see some new and older peeps.. not "old" ya know what I mean 😂
    Thanks Jenni for the bump @IslandGal3 its been ages since I've been in the forums much. Wishing everyone a successful year ahead. Let's hit some goals 🙂

Morning Anna. It is. Hard to believe August is on the horizon. Summer is slipping away fast. Haven’t really had a chance to enjoy it. Going to work on that.
  • JBU_SCZ
    JBU_SCZ Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi at all :) ...
    Held out for more than 100 days. I would not have thought that a hundred days ago. But maybe it's really the age, the time you now have to train, to deal with what you eat and why you eat it. Have you had the same experience? What are your goals? I haven't really been able to define mine yet - but maybe it doesn't need to be. Maybe it's just enough to stick it out for the next 100 days, keep going. Who wants to join in? B);) ...
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    Anna022119 wrote: »

Geez will someone pump on the brakes.. the year is going way too fast. It will be Christmas again before we know it 😲😒
  • chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,184 Member
    Options
    coderdan82 wrote: »
    I was over 200 lbs at my heaviest, on and off dieting got me down to 173, still have about 33 to go.

Got it - 140lbs.

That's about where I want to be ~145 lbs would be amazing on me and my running.
  • superironmom
    superironmom Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Add me 🌸 looking for more friends
  • pdiddy3764
    pdiddy3764 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Good morning everybody!!! About to be 40 and just trying to get in shape for the first time in my life. Looking for any advice, help or friends to help along the way!
  • AM_1974
    AM_1974 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    49 years old, from the UK. Back again after gaining weight from pandemic-related stress overeating and adjusting to diverticular disease.

Started back at the gym a couple of months ago and now ready to start monitoring calories again.
  • rahamat_tech
    rahamat_tech Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello there, please add me to this group.
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Hello there, please add me to this group.

You just added yourself.
  • Nahyeahnah
    Nahyeahnah Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Kiaora, I'm from Aotearoa/New Zealand 41, 127kg 30kg of that was from a mix of medication severe health episodes and losing my Dad. I'd be happy to be below 100kg again to be honest. Anyway hi!
  • AM_1974
    AM_1974 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday, everybody. Have a great weekend!
  • coderdan82
    coderdan82 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    coderdan82 wrote: »
    I was over 200 lbs at my heaviest, on and off dieting got me down to 173, still have about 33 to go.

Got it - 140lbs.

That's about where I want to be ~145 lbs would be amazing on me and my running.

This was years ago and I had regained the weight I had lost. How did you even dig this up?
  • naomiefaye
    naomiefaye Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Turning 40 in January, please add me.
  • enavarre33
    enavarre33 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    54 years old and breast cancer survivor but meds have not allowed weight loss. Five years at the end of August and I finally get to be off this medicine and looking forward to more energy and joints that aren’t constantly hurting!!! Have worked really hard to lose 20 pounds and still need to lose another 25 but can’t wait to get going!
  • Moneycoach911
    Moneycoach911 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    55 and working to finally lose 40lbs. Just started my journey (again!) Ive been up and down for years and Im looking forward to the community 🙂
  • datdude1966
    datdude1966 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hey Superstars I’m 57 years young. Before the pandemic I was 275 lbs lost 75 lbs, when they shut everything down I gained almost alm of that weight back, and it’s been a struggle, I’m back on track 7 lbs down. Let’s get it 💪🏾💪🏾💪🏾
  • csmcozart
    csmcozart Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried the zone diet? If so, what was your experience like? Did you see results? I have been doing CrossFit for two months and am having trouble dialing in my nutrition to support both muscle growth and fat loss.
  • KL1887
    KL1887 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I’m Kerrie, closer to my 40’s than 30’s these days. Feel free to add me
  • drv123
    drv123 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow middle agers! Looking to add some friends on here so we can creep each others diaries and get meal ideas.

I'm a 44 year old man, started the year at 276 lbs down to 190 now and still have a bit to go. I started running in the spring and I'm trying to get the hang of how the extra exercise affects calorie requirements.

I can't promise I'll be the most active on posts and all that but feel free to give me an add!