Starting Over

Options
Hello all! My name is Nikki. Last year, my son, Jack, and I left my ex after a very messy, scary break-up and I’ve spent this past year focused on Jack. Therapy, trauma play, and learning how I could be a better parent for him. He’s very protective of me so a big part of his therapy has been showing him that I am strong enough for him to trust I can handle things. Not an easy feat considering my marriage and every plan I had for my life fell apart but with the help of medication I was able to keep it together for him.

A few weeks ago, I turned 40 and now that Jack is doing better, I think it’s time I start working on me. Getting healthy and getting off the Zoloft are high on my list so here I am. I don’t know what this next chapter of life will hold for us but I need to show my son that we can get through anything and thrive doing it.

I have a long journey ahead of me, which is super intimidating, but I’m posting here in the hopes that I won’t have to do this journey alone. So hi 👋 My name is Nikki. Wanna be friends?

Replies

• StayStrong5525
    StayStrong5525 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Nikki! I'm Shay and I'm also trying to get healthier and have more energy for my babies. I'm tired of always being tired. I'm looking for an accountability buddy on here to help with motivation and to stay on track.
  • hrwnketo
    hrwnketo Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I would love to be your friend! I am in a similar boat. I turn 40 in a little over a year and my doctor is very adamant that I lose at least 30% (~100 lbs) of my body weight before then to reduce my risks because it isn't looking good right now. I would love to join you.
  • b4d4shley
    b4d4shley Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Let's friend up and hold each other accountable. You can do this, and you sound like an excellent mom! Let's get healthy for our kids!!