Look for engaged MFP friends

Options
teramae
teramae Posts: 78 Member
Hi all!

I'm giving MFP another go. Back in 2010 I lost about 30 lbs, everyone that I was friends with on the app were super engaged and encouraging on each other's feeds. I tried again several years later, and didn't have the same experience.

I am looking for some friends on here that are looking for a similar level engagement that I am. Regular commenting and encouragement on people's feeds, and including on their exercise and food logs!

About me 39/F/5ft5in. Current weight, just over 200 lb. This is the highest I've ever been. Goal weight probably around 160, maybe a little less. I have some additional challenges this time, currently in medical menopause. Happy to connect with those also in medical menopause, or just regular and normal menopause. Or anyone really!

Thanks!

Replies

• nichola9153
    nichola9153 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm new and starting today. Wishing you all the best on your journey.
    I'd be happy to be an accountability partner. I think we are in quite similar places. I'm taking this week to get used to everything with a view to start tracking then planning properly from next week. Small steps so it's not too much.
  • Petef82
    Petef82 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi I have recently come to this app and also looking for encouragement if you’d like to add me
  • teramae
    Options
    I'd be happy to be an accountability partner. I think we are in quite similar places. I'm taking this week to get used to everything with a view to start tracking then planning properly from next week. Small steps so it's not too much.

I sent a request!
  • teramae
    Options
    teramae wrote: »

I sent a request!
    Petef82 wrote: »
    Hi I have recently come to this app and also looking for encouragement if you’d like to add me

I sent a request!
  • jrose6197
    jrose6197 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I’m just rejoining after A hiatus and loss of motivation and momentum. I’m planning on losing about 30 lbs and I plan on taking a different approach this time. I’ve never been active in the “community” side of the app before but I think this aspect of friendship n feedback might be exactly what I need. Premenopausal and 40’s caused a shift in my outlook on my health and my esteem and I’m looking for positive thoughts and changes. :)
    I’d love to join in on your accountability and encouragement efforts.
  • chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,238 Member
    Options
    jrose6197 wrote: »

It's definitely possible, the support and accountability is important to me.

I ask the you return tomorrow and post, then once again on Friday. It really is the best way to give and get support. I hope to see you around.
  • teramae
    Options
    jrose6197 wrote: »
    I’m just rejoining after A hiatus and loss of motivation and momentum. I’m planning on losing about 30 lbs and I plan on taking a different approach this time. I’ve never been active in the “community” side of the app before but I think this aspect of friendship n feedback might be exactly what I need. Premenopausal and 40’s caused a shift in my outlook on my health and my esteem and I’m looking for positive thoughts and changes. :)

Awesome! I'll send you an add request! I found when I had an engage community on here in 2010 I did really well. Subsequent attempts without the community went less well. I am looking forward to seeing you on here!
  • HamptonsLocal
    HamptonsLocal Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I want in! Mid 40s perimenopausal woman -- who has also put on about 30 pounds in the last 5 years. The pandemic plus family stress plus hormonal changes was a triple whammy, and I'm finding that my old tricks just aren't working anymore. I've been down this road before and was super fit and healthy for a long time—but I'm having a lot of trouble plugging into mentally now. I'm in if you're in!
  • zebasschick
    zebasschick Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    i've been back for a bit over a year, and most of my fitness pals have moved on, so i'm happy to have engaged friends who thumbs up and comment - it starts the day off well :)

i'm 66, 5'4", and at my highest weighed 242. today, despite injuries that caused big challenges, i weighed in at 145.6. i've done menopause, but found the hormone changes never fully end. goal weight was 145, but i'm now aiming for 140 as my main goals are to normalize my blood sugar and build strength and muscle.

• teramae
    Options
    I want in! Mid 40s perimenopausal woman -- who has also put on about 30 pounds in the last 5 years. The pandemic plus family stress plus hormonal changes was a triple whammy, and I'm finding that my old tricks just aren't working anymore. I've been down this road before and was super fit and healthy for a long time—but I'm having a lot of trouble plugging into mentally now. I'm in if you're in!

Yes! Sending a request now!
  • teramae
    Options
    i've been back for a bit over a year, and most of my fitness pals have moved on, so i'm happy to have engaged friends who thumbs up and comment - it starts the day off well :)

i'm 66, 5'4", and at my highest weighed 242. today, despite injuries that caused big challenges, i weighed in at 145.6. i've done menopause, but found the hormone changes never fully end. goal weight was 145, but i'm now aiming for 140 as my main goals are to normalize my blood sugar and build strength and muscle.

That's awesome progress. I sent over a request if you are interested!
  • cfisherd0406
    cfisherd0406 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Looking for the same!
  • chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,238 Member
    Options

How are your efforts going @teramae ?

Have you been able to connect with some of these people?
  • teramae
    Options

How are your efforts going @teramae ?

Have you been able to connect with some of these people?

Yes, off to a great start! Thanks!
  • TurquoiseViolet828
    Options
    Welcome back, I just re-joined pretty recently as well, sending a friend request.
  • mferoli
    mferoli Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I would love to have a group to connect with!! I was searching the groups for people over 60 struggling with the same challenges I am. I have successfully used MFP along with a training program and lost 40 lbs- pre-COVID. I regained 20 during COVID and I’m thankful it wasn’t more. But I’m back to work on regaining my strength, confidence and healthy lifestyle. I want to be able to travel and hike and explore now that my husband has retired! Help me out and I’ll do the same for you!
  • mferoli
    mferoli Posts: 13 Member
    Options

I’ll send you a friend request, I am sharing the same struggles!

• teramae
    Options
    mferoli wrote: »
    I would love to have a group to connect with!! I was searching the groups for people over 60 struggling with the same challenges I am. I have successfully used MFP along with a training program and lost 40 lbs- pre-COVID. I regained 20 during COVID and I’m thankful it wasn’t more. But I’m back to work on regaining my strength, confidence and healthy lifestyle. I want to be able to travel and hike and explore now that my husband has retired! Help me out and I’ll do the same for you!

Yes! I'm looking forward to supporting you. Travel is so much fun, and a huge reason I want to be healthy. Do you guys have any plans to go anywhere soon?
  • TeenaMarina
    TeenaMarina Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Hello! Feel free to add me if you are looking for friends! I check in and log daily. x
  • coderdan82
    coderdan82 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I'm a dude so no menopause but otherwise similar stats, 41/m/5'6", started this recently at 200 lbs, I'm now at 195 lbs. I've also been looking for a more active group.