Couch to 5K-General Support

Options
12346»

Replies

• DefiningRaquel
    Options
    Hey everyone, Im new to both the side and the program :)

1. Name : Raquel
    2. What level you are currently on in the C25K program: Just finished W1D3
    3. Do you have a race goal in mind, and if so, what is it? 5k Charity Race in March
    4. Why did you start running? I wanted to get fit and also train for the race

Hope everyone's having a great weekend.
  • gailduncan
    gailduncan Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the encouraging words. I'll admit that i've fallen off the C2K wagon this week as I started doing 30 Day Shred which made running a definite no go for several days. There;s no way my thighs could take it. Think I'll need to go back a few weeks and get going again.
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    We finished week three, but the small girl is struggling a bit on the three minute runs, so we think we'll repeat a couple of week threes before we move up to week four.
  • Play_outside
    Play_outside Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm new to the forums! :) I just finished the first week of couch to 5k today. I used to run a lot when I was a teenager and I actually really enjoy it so hopefully I'll keep up with it now. I don't plan to "race" per se, but I am going to do a 10k run way ahead in the spring. I just want to be more fit and healthy and happier. I'm mostly just using the C25K as a guideline, as I run a little bit more, so each week won't actually fall within one week. It's a great guideline for me to follow though, so I don't overdo it! :)
  • spammyanna
    spammyanna Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Ran my first 5k on Sunday, and came in at a time of 35:49! I was really impressed with myself. I ran 95% of it, and only walked for about a minute at a time.

On to the next one, in about a month. This time I will run the WHOLE thing!
  • jomar75
    Options
    1. Name : Joanna
    2. What level you are currently on in the C25K program: Week 2 Day 1
    3. Do you have a race goal in mind, and if so, what is it? local 5K benefit run in April
    4. Why did you start running? To stay healthy and share a hobby with my son
  • Play_outside
    Play_outside Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Congrats, spammyanna!

jomar, we are both just starting week 2. Good luck!
  • strongnotskinny121
    strongnotskinny121 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    1. Name. Crystal
    2. What level you are currently on in the C25K program? Week 1
    3. Do you have a race goal in mind, and if so, what is it? Not yet, but I will look into it
    4. Why did you start running? Well, I'm not running yet really, but I've wanted to be able to run. I recently quit smoking and it just seems fitting that if I can breath I should be able to run. I really like the idea of being able to put on my headphones and take off. Kinda drop out for awhile. I guess to me, being able to run is the epitome of being fit.

Glad to read that other people are repeating weeks. I won't feel so bad when I have to.