LESS Alcohol ~ AUGUST 2023 ~ One Day at A Time

Options

Replies

• forestdweller1
    forestdweller1 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    @sarah7591 @Womona ....Just a comment on plastic cups for wine on the dockside...I figured that was because patrons in that arena were a bit more relaxed and exuberant, and *kitten* happens when you're cracking crabs. I would smuggle in a well wrapped wine glass and immediately pour my beverage into MY glass. The servers never seemed to notice.
    Broken plastic injures fewer patrons than broken glass, so I see the restaurant's POV.
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    edited August 2023
    Options
    @RockinRobyn672 Mancation :D Good on ya for keeping it to 2 with multiple destinations on a date night. I'd put that in the "W" column.
    @womona YAAAS on the plastic cups. I've gotten snobby in my old age or something, but I enjoy is so much less in plastic, it's almost not worth the calories to me. So happy you got the perfect sail day. August is the one month my club stops sailing. No wind and HOT. We do race all the way through winter, though, and it can be blustery but it can also be nice.
    @xbowhunter Happy anniversary and congrats on 34 years!
    @MissMay Lol at the all inclusive dinner. At least it isn't the whole 2.5 weeks! I couldn't tell if your dismay was DH or self oriented (I suspect DH). I have long since resigned myself to the fact that all-you-can-eats/drinks are never "a good deal" for me. Ever. So why try to "get my money's worth"? It won't happen so I let it go and enjoy being the size I am.

AF M-Th so far this week. After toying with the idea of adding Sunday's to weeknight abstinence, but never actually deciding to do it, I have decided to give it a go in August since I won't be shaking up margaritas for DH while we have the smoker going. [ETA DH is doing AF August, which is my impetus]

Aug goal:
    Su-Th AF
    F&Sa half strength drinks (spritz's, frescas, and LA wine) [not tempting to DH]
  • forestdweller1
    forestdweller1 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    @itladyee ...am currently stuck near top of ladder, but you are welcome to my climbing gear .... 🧗‍♂️

Oven roasted veggies [zuchinni-onion-tomato-mini sweet peppers] and fish with AF beer.

@MissMay ...went on a memorable cruise with all 3 daughters and now-ex drunk SIL...wine, beer, mixed drinks all included. Four of us kept to one drink a night, and one of us kept to drink all night. He's a happy drunk, hanging off the balcony, singing to the fishes at midnight.
    Hoping only the luau is "all-inclusive"
  • RockinRobyn672
    RockinRobyn672 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    Hi All! Robyn here in VA Beach. I am drinking less for overall health and weight loss. I usually post the next morning. My LA goals for August are no more than 4 drinks (5 max) in a week, no more than 2 in a day and 16 AF days.

Sat 8/5: Drinks (3) - I have not been sticking to plan at all. DH is away for the weekend, and I didn't do anything worthwhile except for a hard workout. It was a beautiful day and I didn't step a foot outside. I haven't stuck to my AF plan this weekend. The bottle of wine was in the house and I drank it over the past couple of nights. Along with that came the late night snacking. :disappointed: The plan now is AF until Thursday. The up side is that it's still early August and it's not too late to get on track and meet goals.

Rolling Total: 1 AF Days out of 5 :disappointed:
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,605 Member
    Options
    xbowhunter wrote: »
    Day one with no booze yesterday. :)

I was drinking around 300 to 500 calories per day. I put on 15lbs in one year and the spark has been ignited to clean-up my health... :)

My goal is to loose 30lbs to get back to my normal weight. range.

I feel 100% better today and wish I would have started earlier...

Welcome! It’s amazing how weight sneaks up on us when we are drinking!