Friendly support and encouragement

Options
Looking for some female friends on here to motivate and support each other through our weight loss journey :) I love seeing people succeed and hoping it’ll help motivate me

So far Iv had a lot of men who have sent unsolicited inbox’s 🤦🏻‍♀️ I’m really not here for that lol

Replies

• b4d4shley
    b4d4shley Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am too. I would like to have someone help me be accountable. Do my check-ins. Remind me why I'm doing this. Someone not my husband. Lol
  • EmmaP1989_
    EmmaP1989_ Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    b4d4shley wrote: »
    I am too. I would like to have someone help me be accountable. Do my check-ins. Remind me why I'm doing this. Someone not my husband. Lol

Iv sent you a friends request 😊 x
  • rsearle92
    rsearle92 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I’d also like to join the thread! I need some awesome ladies to hold me accountable in a warm, friendly way.
  • myherosteph
    myherosteph Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Can I get in on this? I think that if I know that people will be checking in on me, I'll be more likely to stick to my plan lol.
  • rsearle92
    rsearle92 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I’m following the lead of adding as friends! No pressure to add back if you’d prefer to keep convo here!
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,082 Member
    Options
    @EmmaP1989 ,, WELCOME to MFP!! I too do NOT like all of the unwanted males who think because we wish to lose weight/be healthy we must be DESPERATE enough for them. LOL. I belong to the Summer 5% Challenge, we accept new members all the time. On the 5% Challenge, our members are at this point assigned to a team (mostly female on the one I am on LOL we have 2 males out of 29 neither looking to flirt only to be healthy for their loved ones). On the 5% Challenge our goal is to lose 5% of our weight in 8 weeks, we are half way through on week 4, so I would aim for 2.5% of your current weight (ANYONE IS WELCOME!). The support is clearly there, plus we encourage our members to exercise (at a comfy level, PLEASE PLEASE NO ONE EVER PUSH it and thus risk an injury! But, rather to slowly build up if that's a desire (it is for many). We also weekly work on developing and maintaining health habits. This week it's to drink water and also to have a healthy morning routine (all of ours are different). We help our team as we do exercise and healthy habits. WOOHOO!!!

I've gone from 288 to 172! YEAH YEAH YEAH!!! I have congestive heart failure hence it's NOT easy to maintain a healthy weight, but I AM DOING SO and have been. I am so happy!! Thanks to the 5% and the support, and care I've found, and hopefully give back also.

Here's the link if anyone is interested: PLEASE once you join to the FEED

📣We Will be Adding New Members Throughout the Challenge📣

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10894810/we-will-be-adding-new-members-throughout-the-challenge#latest

First, you'll need to CLICK on the 2023 Summer 5% Challenge in order to post to the above feed

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/144897-2023-summer-5-community-team-plz-join-us
  • MovinNow
    MovinNow Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I too am tired of males who friend me on the app, and then get creepy flirty or very personal. I tell them Im only interested in discussing health food and fitness topics and that I’m happily married. If the weirdness continues, I unfriend them. A tellltale sign is when a member doesn’t share their diary.
  • michelle1173
    michelle1173 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    @EmmaP1989_ Please feel free to add me if you actually like to writes messages to each other. (not just clicking like)
  • TeenaMarina
    TeenaMarina Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you are still looking for friends! x
  • carolinescorpio30
    carolinescorpio30 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    How do you add people please?
  • shinaulteric0
    shinaulteric0 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello my name is Adrianna I know my user name says Eric but that is my husband email and I can't figure out how to change it anyway I really need a support buddy or group I am really feeling down about my weight loss..I am a good supportive person as well and I'd be more than happy to tell all u beautiful ladies that yall are doing amazing and you are all brave and strong.
  • AmberlyMarlene
    AmberlyMarlene Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Also looking for more friends as I shared in my own thread a few days ago. I'm gonna go ahead and send out some friend requests. If I accidentally miss you please feel free to send me one!

Also just wanted to add mostly my female friends prefer to keep their diary private, but it is true quite a few of the instant unfriend move also have their diaries private - or worse, everything. If all they have are log in streaks I find it's often a bot though thankfully the number of those seem far more under control these days.