NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Options

Replies

• cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,595 Member
    Options
    Morning, I have been crazy, sorry for being gone. Little one had a birthday party here at our home with family..pool, lots of pizza and of course many presents. She actually got up 2 hours early before school to play with her new stuff yesterday. I am losing weight. I am not trying. Maybe I am being better in my mind and it is showing in my scales. LOL

@trooworld Thank you for being faithful to this board. I never liked water aerobics. When I broke my knee, that was part of my therapy, exercises in the pool and the stationary bike...which to this day I still don't like LOL. I am so glad you enjoyed stretching. I need to do that I really do. My right leg is so stiff, when I sit crossed leg in my chair it hurts...I feel it pull. LOL

Cbabie
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    @cbabie That sounds like a fun birthday party. Awww, she sounds happy. Congrats on losing weight! :D Yeah, I almost stopped posting but I figure @theslightedgeforever and the rest will be back someday soon (I hope!) and I didn't want you all to think I abandoned it. It's funny how people like different things: I hate the treadmill but you love it lol. I do like water aerobics a lot. I wonder if I will still like it when the weather gets cold? Yes, the stretching was very enjoyable and I think I will go back on Saturday, if I don't have plans. Sounds like you do need to stretch a bit.

Hi all. I drank so much water yesterday lol. I don't even know how I did it. I was over my calories yesterday by 108 but I consciously chose to have an ice cream bar so I don't feel badly.

Water yesterday: 142 oz

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • cbabie
    Options
    Well today is her 5th birthday...she says I am "this many now". LOL. Wish we all would get excited when we say that, but I don't have enough toes and fingers. :)

@trooworld Thank you for not stopping posting. I so appreciate you. See you are persistent. So you can and will keep pursing good health!!! Good job on drinking water!! That was a lot. You are doing great.

Cbabie
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    Hello all. Finally back and all caught up with rest and all. Hubby will be here tomorrow. He couldn't stay away. So now I have to keep my good habits that I had before I went to Alaska. I kind of lost some of them. I can do this.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @cbabie Awww, so cute! Happy birthday, baby girl! I can definitely be persistent lol. Thank you.

@theslightedgeforever Welcome back! How was Alaska? You CAN do this!

Hello all. I was 360 cals over yesterday but it was all good, healthy food so I'm not sweating it. My officemate offered me "light potato chips" the other day and I turned her down. I know that if I have some, it will just trigger my desire to eat more junk and I haven't had junk for a few weeks now. I have also successfully resisted a cake that someone brought in on Tuesday. It is still in there but it is no longer a danger as it is likely stale by now.

Water yesterday: 103 oz

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • cbabie
    Options
    Well I was at the Dr's yesterday and with JEANS on..I was still lower in weight than I started with them..so that was good..LOL. still working on movement..

@trooworld great job knowing what your triggers are. So proud of you. Good job on the water too

@theslightedgeforever You CAN do this...remember what you have said before...maybe you should work on what triggers LOL. Oh you are married to him 😁

Cbabie
  • trooworld
    Options
    @cbabie Yay!!! Congrats. I hope the doctor's visit went well. Thank you!

Hi all. I lost 2.4 lbs this week, I am in a "new decade" lol, down to 228.2 lbs. I have had a loss 4 weeks in a row! We are celebrating our wedding anniversary this weekend. We are dropping off the dogs at the kennel for an overnight stay today and then we are going for happy hour appetizers and drinks at this really nice restaurant down by the harbor. Tomorrow, we will probably go for coffee at our favorite coffee place and just hang out.

Water yesterday: 128 oz

• trooworld
    Options
    Hello all. Our night out last night was a failure: we arrived at the restaurant and happy hour was only in the bar area. So, we decided to sit in the regular dining room and order off the dinner menu. We ordered a couple of appetizers and dinners. However, All I had eaten for breakfast was yogurt and berries and then I skipped lunch. I ate some peanut butter pretzels + 3 clementines at about 3:30 and that gave me a stomachache. By the time we had ordered our dinners, my stomach hurt so badly that we got the food to go. We did have a little of the appetizers and they were delicious. And I'll eat my dinner for lunch today. I woke up with a headache. Not sure if it will be a migraine or not. But I'm not doing well today. I was supposed to go to Aqua Zumba but may not go.

Water yesterday: 24 oz

• trooworld
    Options
    Good morning to myself I guess lol. I did not go to Aqua Zumba, I didn't want to ruin my day with a migraine. I ran around a lot yesterday doing some shopping at boutiques with my husband after we went for coffee. It was fun. Going to the zoo this morning before it gets hot.

• cbabie
    Options
    @trooworld You made some good choices. So happy for your loss!! (sounds awful if you read this and someone thought we were talking about a funeral. LOL). I hope you are feeling better

Cbabie
  • trooworld
    edited August 2023
    Options
    @cbabie Thank you! LOL yes that's true. I am feeling better, how are you?

Hi all. We walked a lot yesterday around the zoo and then in our favorite neighborhood. We went out for brunch and I didn't make a healthy choice but it's ok. Today will be better. I'm making a frittata for breakfast this week this morning. I wanted to get it out of the way so I don't go to the cafe at work. I walked over 12,000 steps yesterday.

• cbabie
    Options
    Well, iam at home with baby girl who started running a fever last night. Funny thing is she asked for water to drink because it's healthy...so I am doing something right. Then she picked up my 3lb weights and put them above her head and said see mommy I am exercising...oh if only things could happen through osmosis...😁

@trooworld good for you for making breakfast..great way to start the week. Yea on the walking!!

Cbabie
  • ness8484
    ness8484 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Are you accepting new people to your thread? I've been following WW for the last 6 months and have lost 30lbs but I'm to a point I need to start tracking calories over points. I've used MFP multiple times before. Hoping to find a new community and support system.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @cbabie That's so good (and cute) that baby girl asked for water because it's healthy! Awww, you are teaching her right. I hope she feels better soon.

@ness8484 Hi and welcome to the thread! Sure, we are always happy when new people join us. Wow, congrats on your 30 lb loss, that's awesome! There are usually more people around here but some have been out on vacation. I'm sure they will return soon. Please tell us more about yourself, if you are comfortable!

Hi all. I was all set to have a great day yesterday, I would have been under my calorie goal by about 200. When I got home (starving) my husband, who had been off work since 10:30 am, did not have dinner made (it was his turn to cook dinner). He didn't say he wasn't going to cook but just laid on the couch for an hour. I ate some melon to help with the hunger but then he said he didn't feel like cooking, could we order delivery? I was so mad. I'm trying so hard to eat healthily and then he pulls that. I just said, you can order delivery and I'll eat the spaghetti from last night, I'm trying to get healthy. That must have hid a nerve because he said nevermind, he'll eat a snack. Well, the spaghetti put me over my calorie goal by 98 cals, not too bad but disappointing. It is my pet peeve when he changes the menu last minute after I've pretracked my day.

Water yesterday: 112 oz

• trooworld
    Options
    @ness8484 Congrats again!

f5324504t353.png
  • cbabie
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Morning all, I didn't track, so I don't know what I am taking in. My daughter wrote me out an exercise plan...LOL I have still yet to do it. She is a personal trainer at one of the gyms and felt the need to help me. I am grateful that she took the time..now I have to take the time.

@ness8484 So glad you found us. Yes we have a few more that are missing, but thanks to @trooworld she keeps this board going when some of us get sidetracked. LOL. I think we all have done WW at some time and we started this group because the thing we all missed was the community for support. That is what we are here for. Welcome aboard. Congrats on the 30lb loss!!!

@trooworld Sorry about your dinner, that happens more than not here, except I am the only cook it seems..LOL. You did great with the choices you had!!! I AM Proud of you!!

Cbabie
  • trooworld
    Options
    @cbabie That's great your daughter can help with the exercise portion, you are lucky to have a relative that is a personal trainer! Yeah unfortunately, meals change a lot here too and it makes me so mad and frustrated. Thank you!

Hi all. I had a great day yesterday: I brought my own homemade salad dressing to work and I PRE-ORDERED a salad for lunch when I was full from breakfast so I wasn't tempted to order something else lol. My salad was pretty good. My husband had gotten off work early again yesterday so I took advantage and got off early myself to attend a water aerobics class. I made it there just in time and it was pretty good. But more importantly, I talked to a woman that went to a class that I was intimidated by and afraid to go to. She told me it wasn't too hard and I should come. So, I am going to try to go on Friday.

Water yesterday: 106 oz

• theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    @ness8484 Welcome to the group! Congrats on 30 lbs. You're doing great.

@trooworld Yaaaay on preordering the salad. That's the way to do it. Awesome amount of water. Can you keep a couple of healthy frozen dinners in the freezer for times such as this when your husband didn't cook and says let's order in. You just say you go ahead and order. I've got a healthy meal in there. I'll wait for yours to come so we can eat together. Now if he's anything like mine he might get mad. Mine does. Cause then it's obvious he's not making good choices and he's mad at me for pointing that out. I use to just give in and say ok fine, order me....But not anymore. I'm in charge of my health and my decisions.

@cbabie You are a good role model for water drinking. Now you can be one for exercise. Get started. Just do 5 minutes.

I'm trying to get back into a routine so I can be here every night. Hubby is here now and that always seems to throw off my routine. He brings the stress with him I think. LOL I'm eating more than I plan but not as much as I could be.

Monday
    16 carbs over/53 calories under
    zero exercise
    24 oz water

Tuesday
    14 carbs over/53 calories over
    1 hr 43 min cardio/weights/stretching
    34 oz water

Wednesday
    12 carbs over/211 calories under
    1 hr 37 min cardio/weights/stretching
    42 oz water
  • trooworld
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever The frozen dinner idea might be a good idea when our freezer has room, it doesn't always have room. Yeah I can see mine getting mad too but too bad lol. By the three days you posted, it looks like you are doing pretty well. But it's important to get back into your routine. Not just so you come see us lol.

Hi all. I didn't do too well yesterday, I was over in my cals by 841 cals. I think I was just hungry all day because I didn't sleep well the night before. I had to sleep in the hot living room with the puppy, so I didn't sleep much. Last night, I was able to sleep in the bedroom with the calm dog so I slept pretty well.

Water yesterday: 125 oz

• cbabie
    Options
    Morning all, I am so excited, my mindset is changing in regards to others who make me feel I shouldn't be able to make choices by telling them no...LOL. (not baby girl). I did my exercises today and I am so excited that I got 30 min in. Now like my water cup says, you did it, refill. I did it, redo.

@trooworld , so sorry that you didn't do well. I hate to be hot...makes me crabby. LOL Well you know the reason you went over and it wasn't just cause you wanted to, could, rebelled, it was life. So look at you water in take...you did great there!!!. Today is another opportunity to take care of YOU.

@theslightedgeforever it is hard when our family doesn't work with us and works against us. They don't see that they are doing that, but they are. You are in charge of you and you deserve a long healthy life. don't let anyone take that from you. I think you are doing good by your tracking, but you strive for better..LOL.

cbabie