NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Replies

• cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,546 Member
    Morning, I didn't track yesterday...yesterday was an emotional day...my daughter has been fighting her ex for almost 8 years for enforcement of him to pay anything..I won't go into the details, but It's just OLD. So today I start again focusing on my health. I know you can't change what you don't see or know..if you don't track, you don't see or know.

@trooworld thanks for the welcome..I love your phrase for the year... soot's my mood right now. LOL. I heard something yesterday on the drive to the lawyers...it was about the things people say when they know you are hurting..well intentional friends. LOL....The one that was said, was one that really helped this person and here is what her friend said to her. I see your hurt and I am here for you. It seems all of us are going through something in this life, so I am trying to focus on how I can keep healthy in SPITE of all these things. The hard part is watching someone you love be hurt, so that's my new phrase...I see your hurt and I am here for you. I am sorry your BIL is still in the hospital..I am glad you will using that time in a positive way. :). All my goals seem to be..ugh I forgot about that..LOL So WELCOME to 2022..

Cbabie
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,196 Member
    @trooworld Yippee on your weight loss. I take it any way I can. lol Another day of sticking to your plan. Good for you. Why not do a weekly review of your goals at the end of each week to see what your wins were, what do you need to keep doing, improve, start doing, and stop doing. I am much more focused consistently when I do this each week. I make a big production of it. Light a candle, turn on some soft jazz and just sit with myself and allow myself to process the week and plan ahead the next week. Noting where I'm going to have obstacles that I need to work through, etc. Yaaay on tracking.

@reneagry I hope your calf gets better soon. I had to modify my exercise because I can do aerobic type "walking" and dancing but not actually walking without it hurting my foot. I'm going to try again maybe tomorrow and see if I'm better enough to walk the mall like hubby and I like to do on Saturdays.

@cbabie Good job on maintaining while company was at your house. Now back to taking care of yourself.

I had bookclub last night at MY house. So I spent most of the day cooking yesterday. We discussed 1984. I still have some sweets I need to get out of the house. I'm going to slice and freeze the blueberry coffee cake I made. It was really good.

192/238 Green
    34 min cardio and stretching

• gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,306 Member
    trooworld wrote: »
    @cbabie Welcome back! I feel the same way, I have started my goal planning but have not made it very far. Congrats on maintaining. I'm glad you are back. <3

Hi all. I've managed to track every day since Monday. That is a step in the right direction. I'm going to try to work on my goals tonight while my hubby is at the hospital. I want to put some effort into them and have them be a roadmap rather than something I look back on at the end of the year and say, "Huh, I forgot about those".

My phrase for the year: "I take no crap and eat no crap."

Same my goals are something I’m avoiding lol but need to do
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Hey everyone! Sorry that I haven't been around much. This week has been really busy. Hubby is doing better and healing from his surgery, but he is having a harder time than we had expected. Today he informed me that it's time I take over the household accounts and take care of our money. Yikes! I haven't had to worry my pretty little head about that stuff since we have been together and now I get to do it the same week I take over the church's finances. OK!! I also found out last week that my pastor has Parkinson's. :/ So, we are all going to sink or swim as we navigate these new normals. My weight was down some this week and I'm doing my best to not cave in to the junk food and eat my protein and behave. I might not be around as much right now but I will do my best to pop in and read your posts and reply when I can. <3
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,781 Member
    @cbabie I'm glad you started tracking again. You are right about tracking. That would be good if you could figure out how to get healthy/remain healthy even when things go awry. That's really sweet, your phrase. Thank you, he's doing a tiny bit better, able to eat pureed foods somewhat now.

@theslightedgeforever Yeah me too! You read my mind: I was watching a Youtube video and found some questions to review on Sundays. I will post below. I like how you do your Sunday review, I may copy it. ;) How did you like 1984? I loved that book. Blueberry coffee cake sounds good. I would freeze it, too.

@gemwolf110 Maybe you should review them on Sundays like @theslightedgeforever?

@TeresaW1020 I'm glad your hubby is getting better. Oh my, another thing on your plate. Sorry about your pastor's diagnosis. Hugs to you.

Hi all. We are doing something fun today: there is an immersive experience called "Beyond Van Gogh" tonight we are going to. https://vangoghsandiego.com/ I love Van Gogh's work and can't wait for this. Before that, I have to get groceries. I may make some crafts today as well.

• trooworld
    This is what I saw on Youtube and I am going to answer for my Sunday reviews:

wvi2rozijffh.jpg
  • cbabie
    Afternoon all, I did track yesterday, didn't exercise though. It's kind of a take deep breaths day..LOL

@theslightedgeforever glad your book club went well, you were always the social lite...ME not so much. Blueberry, YUM I bet it was good.

@TeresaW1020 So sorry for all you are having to handle right now. You DH really cares about you and that is awesome. He sounds like someone who tries to plan for the future. I hope you navigate well these unchartered waters....Sounds like you have a map and good side kicks. LOL. Even though you are not here we will be thinking about you and keeping you guys in our prayers. (there is this song that keeps going through my head, maybe because of what is going on in my life, but I think you might resinate too!! Even when I don't see you working, you never stop working, you never stop working, even when I don't feel you working, you never stop working, you never stop working. That is who you are..that is who you are. Way maker miracle worker, promise keeper light in the darkness, my God, that is who you ARE...)

@trooworld Great graphic. I think you are working your plan..great job. I can see you doing Van Gogh...You are so talented.

@gemwolf110 I think we are all trying to get started this year. I have faith we will all do it.

Cbabie
  • trooworld
    edited January 2022
    @cbabie Good job on the tracking. Sorry your day is like that. Deep breaths help though! Thanks, I am trying.

Hi all. We had a great time at the Van Gogh thing. I am attaching a collage of some pictures I took at it so you can get an idea of what it was like. We started out walking through these screens that had information on Van Gogh on them, his background, and how he became an artist. Then we ended up in this huge room (in the pics) that changed as you stood there looking at it. There was jazz music by Miles Davis playing over the speakers. It was inspiring, Van Gogh is one of my favorite artists.

Afterward, we ordered a pizza for delivery as neither of us felt like cooking. I had hoped to do some artwork but was too tired. We went to bed at 8:30 lol.

olv2ohpcmmov.jpg
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @trooworld We have had the Beyond Van Gogh in Atlanta and I have several times said how I would love to go. Your pictures are awesome! And to have Miles Davis jazz playing. How cool is that! :grin:

@cbabie I love Way Maker so much! One of my favorite songs, so thanks for putting it in my mind. I’m sure I will be singing it the rest of the day. <3

Good morning! Right now, we have icy rain and high winds. I’m sitting in front of my office window at home just waiting to see the first snowflakes start to fall. We are hopeful for at least one to two inches. The news is showing trees down and I hate that because some are falling on people’s homes. :'( We did cancel church for today and we are planning on just hanging out for the next couple of days. I hurt my back yesterday playing with Maggie, so no working out today, but my eating is on point. I’m still doing the macro challenge and this week is all about prioritizing protein and keeping it the highest number over carbs and fats. :)
  • theslightedgeforever
    @gemwolf110 So why have you been avoiding your goals? lol

@teresaw1020 Yikes. what a week you've had. I hope you find some peaceful times here and there to regroup. New routines are hard at first. But you will conquer it like you do everything else. yaaay on your weight being down.

@trooworld I love your YouTube pic. I'm going to steal those questions, too. I love Van Gogh. I really would have liked that exhibit. My Kindle cover used to be "The Starry Night". ooh jazz music too. My kind of stuff.

@cbabie In a way I'm a socialite but at the same time a hermit. If that's possible. I love my alone time to recharge and just stick to my routine. I get kind of anal with my routine if it's not followed properly. lol I was reading the words of your song thinking what a sad song. :) Just cause you used to be that doesn't mean you have to be that forever.

147/238 Green
    32 min walk

• gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,306 Member
    @gemwolf110 So why have you been avoiding your goals? lol

@teresaw1020 Yikes. what a week you've had. I hope you find some peaceful times here and there to regroup. New routines are hard at first. But you will conquer it like you do everything else. yaaay on your weight being down.

@trooworld I love your YouTube pic. I'm going to steal those questions, too. I love Van Gogh. I really would have liked that exhibit. My Kindle cover used to be "The Starry Night". ooh jazz music too. My kind of stuff.

@cbabie In a way I'm a socialite but at the same time a hermit. If that's possible. I love my alone time to recharge and just stick to my routine. I get kind of anal with my routine if it's not followed properly. lol I was reading the words of your song thinking what a sad song. :) Just cause you used to be that doesn't mean you have to be that forever.

147/238 Green
    32 min walk

I’m ascared lol 😂
  • trooworld
    @TeresaW1020 Yeah it was really cool. If it comes back to Atlanta, you should go! I hope you get the snow you are hoping for. It's nice to look at but not nice to drive in. :) I'm sorry about your back. It sounds like you are doing good besides that.

@theslightedgeforever Yeah those are good questions. The exhibit was so cool, I was a bit overwhelmed with emotions, between the images and the music. The Starry Night is my favorite and they closed the exhibit with it.

Hi all. I didn't do too much yesterday: I did my Sunday review and went to Walmart for some craft supplies. I came home and made the bookmarks in the picture below. I even made the tassels! I'm off today for MLK Day and I'm glad. Today Daisy gets spayed and her collapsed eye removed. I'll be worried all day but will try to keep busy.

83xh0yyvt8op.jpg
    33ufz08czrse.jpg
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    Hi all… cough has been gone for a week, now today I feel like I have a cold. Don’t really feel bad..if I had a rapid test, I would probably take it. But don’t really want to call Dr again…don’t want to sound like a hypochondriac, lol. Guess I’ll see how it feels tomorrow.
  • cbabie
    Morning/afternoon all, I didn't track over the weekend, I didn't even go to church yesterday. I am trying today to get back into my routines. I did maintain again, so now I just have to jostle the number and make it go down.

@trooworld loved the pictures, you take great pictures ( good camera). LOL jk :). You really do post great pictures. So glad you enjoyed your outing.

@theslightedgeforever Sure it's easy to understand...you have a split personality. :).

@TeresaW1020 So sorry that you hurt your back...and I really don't like the snow, hence I live in the south...LOL.

@gemwolf110 Don't be ascared..LOL

Cbabie
  • trooworld
    @RetiredAndLovingIt Oh gosh, I'm sorry you have cold symptoms. Don't sit on it though, if they are new symptoms call your doctor!

@cbabie Thanks, all the credit goes to my phone lol (Samsung Note 9). I hope you can get back to your routine soon.

Hi all. Well, they did the spay but they didn't want to do both surgeries at once so once she's fully healed from the spay, they will remove the collapsed eye. She's doing okay, I can tell she doesn't feel well. I took the time to cook even though we got home at 6 pm last night (we usually eat at about 6-630) from picking her up. My husband is going to stay home with Daisy today which I am glad for.

• cbabie
    Morning all, I did track yesterday and it wasn't pretty, but TRACKED!!! I kept busy yesterday too..LOL.
    Not much else to report.

@trooworld Glad that your pup is doing okay, even though she isn't feeling well...but who would feel well after surgery. LOL. Great job for cooking yesterday.

Cbabie
  • theslightedgeforever
    edited January 2022
    @gemwolf110 Think how good you will feel when you reach them. Even getting started on them. So if you break them down into small steps, what would be the first step of each goal?

@trooworld I love your bookmarks. Too bad I only read Kindle books. Otherwise I would order some from you. I wish amazon would see virtual bookmarks like these. My son and hubby have same phone as you do. They do take so much better pics than my iphone. Hope Daisy feels better.

@retiredandlovingit Did you ever take a covid test? I can't remember. Seems lots of people I know are all suffering with same symptoms. Nobody seems to stay home though so more people keep getting infected. I feel we'll never be over this.

@cbabie Yaaay on maintaining, now get to losing. One day at a time. Mom always said I was bi-polar. She would say BI means two. You have two personalities. I would just laugh. Yaaay on tracking.

@teresaw1020 I missed your post about your back. I hope it feels better.

I'm down another 2.6 So that makes 10.8 gone since I got back home from my little vacation.

97/100 Red
    42 min cardio and stretching
  • trooworld
    @cbabie You TRACKED!!! Yes! Good job. Yeah, it was a major surgery so I don't blame her for feeling yucky.

@theslightedgeforever Thank you! That would be cool to have virtual pretty bookmarks. Yeah, I love that phone lol. She is feeling better today. Thanks. Congrats on that loss, that's fantastic! You are doing awesome.

Hi all. I gained 2.2 lbs this week. :( This is not a surprise, unfortunately. I haven't been putting my health first. I have been tracking. I'm going to try to schedule healthier things for meals next week.

• theslightedgeforever
    @trooworld What other types of exercise can you do besides the Tonal? did you ever see the doc about that issue? Is it all exercises on the tonal that give you problems or just some?

144/164 Yellow
    51 min cardio stretching weights
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    Had a telemedicine with the Dr today because feels like sinus today. Said unfortunately all symptoms match COVID, so another test today. If negative & still not feeling good, will give me antibiotics then. I think she thinks if COVID, I will be feeling better by the time I get results, lol.