NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Options

Replies

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,887 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 It's okay. It could have been worse. No, I'm not still feeling sick, I think it was just allergies. I'm glad you had a great Christmas. The perfume samples collection is funny but I would have loved that! LOL I love perfume. :) Sounds like you were very productive on your time off.

@RetiredAndLovingIt Happy belated birthday! I hope you had a good time with your family. No, just saying eat less isn't specific enough. Can we help you somehow?

Hi all. Yesterday was nice: my husband was home all day and we just enjoyed each other's company until I decided it was time to put up these pegboards I got from IKEA for my craft storage. My husband didn't feel like doing it so I did it myself. It didn't take long and came out perfectly. I am still organizing that area but will post a pic of the final product. I wish I would have taken a before pic, it was massively unorganized and an unattractive mess. I also made some earrings for NYE that say 2022 on them. Dinner was leftovers.

@theslightedgeforever @cbabie Do I need to send out the hounds for you two? ;)

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,215 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    I'm here. I'm here. I didn't realize it had been that long. I had a nice Christmas Eve dinner with friends. Playing Name that Christmas song/singer. I've been working on my goals the past 2 days. Nothing like the end of the year to get into that spirit.

@teresaw1020 Chili sounds really good. Lots of fiber in the beans and spice to keep me warm. I was laughing about Christmas decorations down already cause I'm like it's not New Year's yet. But then thought, you put yours up pretty early.

@trooworld I wonder if there are words for opposite of life/lemons/lemonade. :) Vaxxed to the max. I like that slogan. I want a Tshirt. It's not being selfish asking for your needs. I call it taking care of yourself. Putting yourself first. (which yes, I know some would say that's being selfish) LOL But I know you don't do it all the time.

@retiredandlovingit How long will you be in OK? "you know what" seems to be everywhere. My son was diagnosed a couple of days before Christmas. He's okay now just waiting to get out of quarantine. He took a rapid test which was negative but then went in and took a PCR test and was positive. Some people are saying that the rapid tests aren't picking up the new virus. I have no idea. I'm just glad he wasn't worse. Although he has spent his vacation being sick and forced to stay indoors. lol Good news on your dd getting better. I get the asthma cough with the cold weather. Happy Birthday. How about checking your MFP stats and finding out your average calories and then eat less than that. Pick a number.

@gemwolf110 I LOVE your card.

Well I gained 1.2 this past week. I did keep up my tracking and my exercise over the holidays.

79/100 Red
    Exercise rest day
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    @RetiredAndLovingIt Happy birthday!! What kind of plan are you thinking of doing? Weren’t you giving vegetarianism a try? :)

@trooworld A well-organized craft room is going to inspire you to create all kinds of wonderful things. Yes, do post a pic of your space! Do you and your DH have any New Year’s Eve plans? :)

@theslightedgeforever I did put my Christmas up way too early which is one of the reasons I was so happy to have it all down. My house looks so much bigger now! :grin: Yup, I’m working on my 2022 goals too and getting myself ready to make them happen. B)

Hello! Well, Hubby got a call from the doctor and his surgery has been postponed to Monday the 3rd. We are annoyed since we both had our schedules planned out. But we will have to adjust. We go in the morning to talk to the surgeon. Tomorrow night, we are going to the Festival of Lights down at the botanical gardens and then out to a nice dinner. They were all booked before Christmas, which is why we are going tomorrow. It will be fun since we haven’t had a date night since our anniversary. :)
  • roz0810
    roz0810 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone.

Wow its been like 3 months since I've been here! I completely fell off the wagon after birthdays etc then Christmas. I started my weight loss journey again on boxing day. I didn't want to wait till new year. I'm down 3lbs already ☺️ I've signed up for weight watchers digital as it was free for 4 months. No excuses now. I'm back to calorie counting and focusing on me!

All the best to all. Happy new year!
  • trooworld
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever I'm glad you had a nice Christmas. Yeah, I love the new year. Opposite of life/lemons/lemonade...how about life/mangos/agua fresca? LOL Yeah I like that slogan, too. No, I don't do it all the time, I rarely do it. I'm sorry about your son's diagnosis. I just bought some N95 masks to replace the cute fabric ones I've been wearing. I love the fabric ones and how I can express my personality but I love my health more. I'd say gaining 1.2 lbs isn't that bad considering it was the holidays.

@TeresaW1020 Yes, I can't wait for it to be finished! More like craft area/tiny spot lol. You'll understand when you see. For NYE, I'm making some appetizers and we will try to stay up until midnight but probably fall asleep early lol. Unless I drink some of that Death Wish coffee we have, then I might stay up. ;) I'm sorry your hubby's surgery was postponed. I'm sure you guys just want to get it over with. The Festival of Lights and a nice dinner sounds fun. Enjoy!

@roz0810 Welcome back! Nothing like the end of the year to get you going. I know that works for me! Good for you for not waiting until the new year. Happy New Year to you as well!

Hi all. I was one of 3 people on staff yesterday in my department. For reference, we usually have 14 people on staff. I really didn't want to be there but since there were so few of us, I couldn't leave. I'm there all week except Friday. I'm not working at full steam, rather half steam lol. I had a salad last night for dinner. It was nice to have something that healthy.

• TeresaW1020
    edited December 2021
    Options
    @trooworld I keep forgetting to tell you that I am drinking Death Wish coffee this week and I LOVE it!! It's so smooth that I even love it black. :grin: A healthy salad sounds really good! :)

@Roz0810 Welcome back! Stay focused and determined and you will make it happen. Happy New Year! :)

I just looked at the time and I have to go get dressed and go see hubby's doctor. I'll write later!
  • roz0810
    roz0810 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Thanks very much ❤️
  • trooworld
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 Oh awesome! I'm so glad you tried it and you like it. Yeah, it's surprisingly smooth, isn't it?

Hi all. Boy, this working when everyone is off is kind of nice in a way but also kind of not: I want to be off, too! I'm only in the office today and then tomorrow, I "work" from home. I put that in quotes because I don't plan on working very hard lol. I had decided yesterday that I wanted to take Thursday off but my company is in the process of switching payroll companies and so it was too late to ask off. My boss said, "You work really hard and do good work, it's the end of the year and I say take your mental health day and just keep an eye on your email. Nobody is going to be checking up on you." That was enough to convince me to enjoy Thursday! :D

• cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,563 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I am sorry I am MIA...I can't catch up on the post right now. I just wanted to pop in and say I am alive. My life is not my own right now...with my GS and his wife here...I am doing everything out of 1 room and I am exhausted..they leave in a week..so I should be back to normal. I will pop in when I can, but I didn't expect to be gone this long ... :(. I will slowly try to read through the post and reply when I can..

Cbabie
  • theslightedgeforever
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Hmmm.. I have no idea why I didn't check in yesterday.

@teresaw1020 My goals are almost finished for Q1 of 2022. The festival of lights sounds fun.

@roz0810 Welcome back. Congrats on the 3 lbs. You can do it.

@trooworld Yaaaay on your salad. Lots of people eat like it's their last meal this week thinking "I'm really going to do well at the first of the year". I've been known to do that in the past. But this year is different for me. I'm staying OP for the most part.

@cbabie Glad you checked in.

98/100 Red
    54 min exercise: cardio, weights, stretching

I found out today one of the ladies I was with on Christmas Eve is covid positive. She started showing symptoms on the 26th. So fingers crossed here. I'm wearing a mask in the house cause of my mil for a bit until I make sure I don't have anything.
    Good news is I lost a little bit of that Christmas gain. Still up a 1/2 lb from where I was this time last week.
  • TeresaW1020
    Options
    @trooworld I’m glad that your boss gave you “permission” to enjoy your Thursday. What kind of New Year’s Eve plans do you and your hubby have? My DH is watching a much-anticipated football game that starts at 7 pm and I will be browsing channels. Maybe start a new puzzle. I haven’t done one in a while and I got three new ones for Christmas. Including a puzzle of the cast of the Office. :grin:

@cbabie Good to see you popping in. Hang in there! <3

@theslightedgeforever Yikes, that is too bad that you might have been exposed to the dreaded Covid. I drove a testing site that is right up the road and the line was huge. I sure hope all those people won’t get a positive test result. Good job on losing some weight! It’s truly shameful how much I’ve gained. :s

Hello everyone! Hubby and I had a great time at the light show last night. We even made our own S’mores. Afterward, we went to the local brewery and had dinner and beers. It was their trivia night so that made it extra fun. I went to work today and learned more bookkeeping details. Our new mattress is finally getting today and I’m super excited!! I am so praying that it helps my back feel better than it has been.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @cbabie It's nice to "see" you.

@theslightedgeforever Yeah I'm kind of in that bucket with lots of people right now. I'm glad you are staying OP. I'm sorry about the lady you were with on Xmas eve testing positive. I'm so sick of this virus. I hope you remain COVID-free. Congrats on the loss.

@TeresaW1020 That sounds fun. I love The Office! That will be a fun puzzle. Our plans...my husband will probably be at the hospital until the evening. I'm making appetizers and then we will watch the various NYE shows until the ball drops. I'm glad you had fun at the light show. And dinner at the brewery sounds fun with the trivia night. I hope the new mattress helps.

Hi all. I really need this to be a relaxing day, I've been so stressed about everything. My husband gets off at 3 today, so that's good. It's supposed to rain again today. We need it, I guess. I did pretty lousy on my 2021 goals so I'm going to downsize some of them for 2022:
    • Read/listen to 50 books (read for 15 minutes every day) - ACCOMPLISHED. READ 59 BOOKS.
    • Track 90% of what I eat - ACCOMPLISHED HALF THE YEAR
    • Walk for 20 minutes, or do a walking video, 3 times a week - NOT ACCOMPLISHED
    • Drink at least 60 oz of liquids every day - SOMEWHAT ACCOMPLISHED
    • Meditate for at least 10 minutes every day - NOT ACCOMPLISHED

• theslightedgeforever
    edited December 2021
    Options
    @teresaw1020 Just as you put on the weight, you will take it right back off. Just work your plan! Trivia night. I would have loved it. So far so good on symptoms. Still just a slight headache but I'm wondering if it's sinuses.

@trooworld I don't want to start the year higher than I need to. God knows it's high enough already. I do same thing for NYE, watch the shows until the ball drops and then sing NY NY Frank Sinatra style. Downsizing of goals is good. It's called focus. What percent would you give "somewhat accomplished"? I'm asking so this next year you can see definite progress made. For the ones you said 'not accomplished' Did you do those at all in 2021? Your goals are written out very well. Nice action verbs, time-triggered, measurable,

I'm currently doing a course on goals. Yesterday was my 2000 day check in. Woohoo! For some reason I thought it was today and so didn't pay attention to it yesterday. Go me! Gosh how many years is that? Almost 5 1/2 years. That just seems crazy. My brain usually tells me that "I'm not consistent". Helloooo, I think I am. Now to transfer this consistency to my food plan so I won't spend the next 5 1/2 years trying to achieve final my weight loss goal.

135/164 Yellow
    No exercise
  • TeresaW1020
    Options
    @trooworld I don’t think you did lousy this year, but I get that you are disappointed in what you didn’t accomplish. I am the same way and just looking at my yearly progress and how I totally undid most of my hard work in just over two months is appalling. But what are we to do but draw a line and begin again? We never give up!! B)

@theslightedgeforever Yup, I will work my plan and I will get the weight back off. I feel that even though I did gain much of it back, I have also learned a lot this year about what does work for me and if I just get back to that then the scale will go down again. The last of the fruit cake gets eaten tonight so that should help. 😉 Wow, 2000 check-ins are incredible! You must be very proud of yourself!

Hello everyone! DH and I went to his pre-op appointment this morning. His surgeon called this afternoon and said that his sodium is a little lower than they want for surgery, so he upped DH’s sodium tablets and is limiting his fluids. So, we must be at the hospital at 5:30 am on Monday and if his sodium is high enough and he passes a Covid test they will do the surgery. We are both really hoping it happens so we can get it over with. I swear this is the longest week in history! I started a new puzzle today just so I can stay busy since I had already taken down Christmas and cleaned my whole house, there isn’t much to do. I plan to actually work out tomorrow morning and I’m looking forward to it. I haven’t felt my muscles crying in a while. :grin:
  • trooworld
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever That sounds like a perfect NYE to me. For the water, I'd say 30% accomplished. For the ones I marked "NOT ACCOMPLISHED", I would say <20%, maybe 10-15% of the year. Happy 2,000th check-in! Yeah, I'm really consistent checking in here. Not so much elsewhere.

@TeresaW1020 Thanks! No, we must never give up. <3 That stinks that your hubby has lower sodium. I hope it's rectified before Monday. I understand wanting to get it over with. Enjoy your crying muscles today! :D

Hi all. Well, my husband woke up yesterday with a sore throat and got worse real fast. We think he has the virus but we can't get him tested until Sunday (and for that, we have to drive 45 minutes away!). All the take-home kits are gone, the lines are super long at the no-appointment clinics and I'm trying not to catch it from him. I'm fully vaxxed, vaxxed to the max, and boosted. He's had the vaccine (two shots) but not the booster. He sounds like he has a bad cold. I'm keeping an eye on him.

• cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,563 Member
    Options
    Morning all, everyone is still asleep in my house...so I thought I would check in. I am not doing well i th sugar area...you should see all the sweets in my house..but Company will be gone on Monday and back to my goals. It's been rainy and cold here so not much bike riding...

@theslightedgeforever Praying no covid..I still wear my mask when I go out, but not at church...might change that too. LOL You are doing great and you are consistent..it's your sister who isn't.

@TeresaW1020 I pray that your DH gets the surgery on Monday so yes you can get it over and get going on recovery!! I had to put my puzzle up..the frame sat done for a month..LOL. You will get back to your plan...just know this is a season.

@trooworld I think you did great on your goals...mine not so much LOL. I still haven't had time to do my goals for 2022, it's hard with company to get anything done. I hope your DH is just a head cold..so sick of this virus...try not to stress and just RELAX...I think 2022 is going to be a better year.

Cbabie
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    kru4hfwqtiij.png

Hope everyone has a Happy and Healthy New Year!
  • trooworld
    Options
    @cbabie It's been rainy here, too. Monday will be here before you know it and you can get back to your healthy goals. I have not really done my goals yet but I will try to before I post this. I'm sick of this virus, too!!! Grrrr. I hope 2022 is better for all.

@gemwolf110 Happy New Year!

Hi all. Well, my husband got tested yesterday and was supposed to get the results in 2 hours but they never sent them so we are still waiting. In the meantime, I am developing a sore throat so I think I caught whatever he has. I couldn't get an appointment to test until Monday morning. Last night for NYE, we ate our appetizers which were very good and we stayed up until...8:40 p.m.! Didn't even make it to the EST NYE drop lol.

As far as my phrase for last year, CHANGE HAPPENS, I believe I did have some change so I am content to put that phrase to bed. My new phrase for the year is below. Enjoy!

My phrase for the year: "I take no crap and eat no crap."
  • trooworld
    edited January 2022
    Options
    My goals for 2022 are downsized a bit:
    • Read/listen to 55 books (read for 15 minutes every day) 
    • Track at least 2 meals each day Monday-Friday and 1 meal each day Saturday-Sunday
    • Drink at least 50 oz of liquids every day
    • Meditate for at least 10 minutes each day on the weekends
    • Go for a 10-minute walk one day of the weekend
    My phrase for the year: "I take no crap and eat no crap."
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    qcb38ys5js5l.jpeg