NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Options

Replies

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    @trooworld Sorry that you seem to have caught this crazy “bad cold” virus. Will you go take a test or just quarantine yourself? That is what I would do since getting a test is so hard right now. I know so many people, both vaxed and unvaxed who are sick. Hopefully, this thing will run its course and be done. :/

@cbabie It’s super hard to stay out of sugar when you are surrounded by it. On Monday, get it out of your house and start fresh. <3

@gemwolf110 Happy New Year!! B)

Happy New Year! Well, my New Year’s Eve was spent in front of the TV flipping channels and binging on TikTok and Candy Crush. Hubby spent the evening in another room watching the Orange Bowl and his precious DAWGS take the win. We were in bed at 10 minutes to midnight with the fan on high trying to drown out the fireworks and keep Maggie quiet. :# I did wake up with a renewed intention to get back to losing weight. I ended the year with a whopping 6 lb. loss and a 10 lb. gain since the end of October. Most annoying! And while I have worked out the last two days and have eaten much better, I am going to cut myself some slack due to DH and the upcoming surgery. I have a new Marty Kendall challenge starting on January 8th and hopefully, by then DH will be home recovering and I can switch more attention to myself.
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,217 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 We are all learning about ourselves on this journey. Evidently I'm taking the scenic route. Your muscles are saying Yaaaay she's back. Hopefully all will go well on Monday so you can get that part out of the way.

@trooworld So you are consistent checking in here. Pick one thing and you can be consistent there too. I have discovered there is a difference between consistent and perfection. I think I was shooting for perfection in the other areas. Hopefully your husband only has a cold. Oh no you too? I love your new phrase.

@cbabie Yes, wear the mask in church. I'm sure many people get covid in church. Be like your sister. o:) I laughed when you said I think 2022 will be a better year. We all said that about 2021. I have 3 friends who have 2 of their kids sick with covid.

@gemwolf110 I hope you had a wonderful time last night doing whatever you do on NYE. I always wish to do something different every year.

203/238 Green
    31 min cardio and weights
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,890 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 Thank you! Yes, I will take a test on Monday (that was the soonest I could find and I started looking on Friday!). My husband took a rapid test on Friday and it came back negative but I don't trust that rapid test. I think my work would probably require a test anyway. :( We didn't do anything for NYE either, just eat and go to bed early lol. You should cut yourself some slack, I agree. Hugs to you!

@theslightedgeforever I have downsized my goals to a point that I think I can commit to them. I think I was shooting for perfection, too. Well, see above to @TeresaW1020. I'm still getting tested.

Hi all. My throat is really sore and this coffee makes it feel good. I tracked yesterday which is the first time in a long time. I feel like crap. I didn't have the energy to cook our good luck meal yesterday so 2022 is going to suck lol. In case you are interested in what I was going to cook: Slow Cooker Fall-Apart Braised Pork with Cabbage and Apples. I ate chicken noodle soup I had made on Thursday for dinner last night.

My phrase for the year: "I take no crap and eat no crap."
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    @trooworld My son took a rapid test and it was negative and then two or three days later took a reg one and it was positive. I just had the same thing happen to my friend. Only I think her son took two regular ones. First one negative and two days later positive. Someone recently told me that Americans eat black eyed peas on New Years day as a tradition. I said, I'm an American and never heard of this. LOL Your foods sounded good. I hope you feel better.

210/238 Green
    35 min cardio
  • trooworld
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever Interesting about the tests. Yeah, I've heard of black-eyed peas for New Year's but I don't like them lol. Not feeling better yet.

Hi all. I ended up eating more chicken noodle soup for dinner last night, it's the only thing that sounded tolerable. I'm really glad I made it to have. I did make the pork dish yesterday morning along with some beef stew. We can have that stuff throughout the week. I did track yesterday somewhat. I'm going to try to work from home today, I don't know if I will just end up taking a sick day or not. I have to get my COVID test at 11:20 so maybe I'll just work from home until then and take the rest of the day as a sick day.

• theslightedgeforever
    Options
    @trooworld I hope you feel better. I didn't like black eyed peas as a child but I'm wondering now if I would like them. My taste buds have grown up somewhat. ;) I hope you get a negative test today.

I lost 1.2 lbs this week but 1.9 since I last entered my weight here. So I'm on the right path

151/164 Yellow
    Exercise rest day
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    @trooworld I assume that your Covid test will come back positive from the way you feel. So many people have it. I overheard a manager at Walmart this evening say that half their staff is out sick. Yikes! And the news today said that they don’t even think cloth masks work for this stupid new variant. That could be good news because I HATE the masks and would just as soon stop the pretense of safety that they don’t even provide. :| OMG, I love your phrase for 2022!! It’s perfect! :grin:

@theslightedgeforever Yeah, the news today was talking about how unreliable the rapid test is. Fortunately, my job will never require me to get a test, so if I do get sick I will probably just quarantine the best I can and ride it out. That is what I think most of us in the world are going to have to do. Ugghhh I watched way too much news today and it totally bummed me out. :/ Congrats on your weight loss this week! Ohh and the only black-eyed peas that I’ve eaten is in Cowboy Caviar.

Hello, well DH had his surgery and according to the doctor, it went really well. My poor dear was so drugged up on morphine and still moaning in pain. I sat with him for a few hours but the nurse said he wasn’t going to really wake up so it was fine for me to leave him in their capable hands. I plan to be up there tomorrow at 7 am so I can see his doctor. Hopefully, he will recover quickly and come home. This hospital is huge and undergoing a major renovation, so it’s a zoo to get around. A very nice police officer showed me the way out after I took a very wrong turn. :o Diet was totally out the window today but I do plan to reign it in and do much better tomorrow. I can’t use DH as a complete excuse for all my gluttony. :p
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    Hi all….Not a lot going on here. We came home on Friday because they were forecasting a lot of snow on Sat. Don’t think we got quite as much as they predicted. My throat was so dry on the way home & I have been coughing since Sat. No temp & I don’t feel that bad, but slight chills, so trying to decide if I need a COVID or influenza test. Talked to Dr’s nurse tonight & think I am going to do a telemedicine tomorrow & see if they will order it. Have been staying home away from everyone except dh.

Gd is doing great..she is even walking without crutches now. Going to try all day at school tomorrow & take the bus home since she is cleared to do steps, too. Her brother will carry her backpack the 1/2 block home.

@TeresaW1020 Glad your dh’s surgery went well & hope he will soon be home with you again.

@trooworld Hope your test comes back OK and you get to feeling better. Is your dh doing better?

@theslightedgeforever. Congrats on the loss! I think I am taking the scenic route, too, lol.

Hope everyone has a good week.
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Good Morning all! Hope everyone who is sick is feeling better! A lot of people I know are getting sick either with covid or flu or just the regular cold. Got back to work after 10 days off and it wasn’t as bad as expected lol. Even though we had a person out sick it was normal busy and was a productive first day back. The time away was so needed. Spent half of it at home and half of it visiting family. Was nice to recharge and relax.

Have a great day!

CW 226.8
    GW 110-120
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Morning all. Back at it today. New year reset. Going to be slow at it. Did this last week. Was stepping backwards off of our back step clearing snow in the -35C coming from a warm vehicle and I seriously pulled my calf. So I couldnt walk for a few days. Then Started limping around. Went shopping yesterday and obviously over did it cause my leg is aching today. So will do some stuff. But don’t think I will be able to hit the treadmill. Was hoping to do a slow walk on it. 3jty7xiazdty.jpeg
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    @teresaw1020 It's the beginning of the year and you my friend have some goals to get working on. I'm glad dh's surgery was a success. I did that once in a hospital. Got lost and ended up in the basement by the morgue. :o My understanding is Delta is still going around so we would still need to wear the masks for those. I think Delta is more dangerous.

@retiredandlovingit Did you decided on a meal plan yet? Isn't being home a great feeling? Yaaay on gd.
    oh no about you not feeling good. I laughed at you still staying around dh.

@gemwolf110 Did you decide on 2022 goals? I can't remember if you told us. I'm glad you got to relax some and see family.

@renaegry Ouch on your calf. I know all about slow going. I was just thinking the other day my foot was better and I'm on the mend and then the next day both feet started hurting. I'm better today though. So I hope you heal quickly and can get back to doing what you want to do. How is the food plan? I like our nail polish and tattoo.

98/100 Red
    50 min cardio and stretching

• gemwolf110
    Options
    @teresaw1020 It's the beginning of the year and you my friend have some goals to get working on. I'm glad dh's surgery was a success. I did that once in a hospital. Got lost and ended up in the basement by the morgue. :o My understanding is Delta is still going around so we would still need to wear the masks for those. I think Delta is more dangerous.

@retiredandlovingit Did you decided on a meal plan yet? Isn't being home a great feeling? Yaaay on gd.
    oh no about you not feeling good. I laughed at you still staying around dh.

@gemwolf110 Did you decide on 2022 goals? I can't remember if you told us. I'm glad you got to relax some and see family.

@renaegry Ouch on your calf. I know all about slow going. I was just thinking the other day my foot was better and I'm on the mend and then the next day both feet started hurting. I'm better today though. So I hope you heal quickly and can get back to doing what you want to do. How is the food plan? I like our nail polish and tattoo.

98/100 Red
    50 min cardio and stretching

I haven’t. It’s a work in process
  • gemwolf110
    Options
    renaegry wrote: »
    Morning all. Back at it today. New year reset. Going to be slow at it. Did this last week. Was stepping backwards off of our back step clearing snow in the -35C coming from a warm vehicle and I seriously pulled my calf. So I couldnt walk for a few days. Then Started limping around. Went shopping yesterday and obviously over did it cause my leg is aching today. So will do some stuff. But don’t think I will be able to hit the treadmill. Was hoping to do a slow walk on it. 3jty7xiazdty.jpeg

That looks painful hope you heal soon
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,563 Member
    Options
    Afternoon all, just a quick pop in...Company still here...their flight was cancelled due to weather and they can't get out until next Tuesday. Learning to adjust. lol. I haven't even gotten on the scales. I have to do that tomorrow!

@trooworld I hope you feel better quickly and hope it's not Covid, but if it is...well then you can move on.

@TeresaW1020 I am glad your DH surgery went well. I will pray the morphine does it's job.

@theslightedgeforever Glad to see you keeping the conversations going while I live company..LOL.

@gemwolf110 Glad you got to recharge and relax.

@renaegry ouch!! Feel better soon...

Cbabie
  • trooworld
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever Thank you. You should try the black-eyed peas again. Funny thing about that test, I'll update below. Congrats on the loss, woot woot!

@TeresaW1020 Yeah I don't know, my friend felt like crap too and she came back negative. So did my husband. There is a bad cold going around. I am now wearing an N95 mask, I didn't want to take chances. That's interesting about the staff and the cloth masks. I'm glad your hubby's surgery went well. The poor man. Oh dear about the wrong turn. I hate when things are confusing.

@RetiredAndLovingIt Fingers crossed that you get a negative test. That's great about your GD. My husband is doing better but still coughing. Thanks.

@gemwolf110 I'm glad you had a nice time off.

@renaegry Oh my gosh that looks painful!

@cbabie Oh wow. Thanks, I hope it's not COVID too. Yes.

Hi all. I didn't come on here yesterday because I was feeling awful. Last night, I had a coughing fit in the middle of the night that felt like it lasted 30 minutes. I don't know how long it really lasted. Remember I was supposed to get a COVID test on Monday? Well, we went and even though we had an appt, they were out of tests. :( I was so mad. That was a private company so I made another appt this time with the county for today at 1pm. I don't think I'm feeling much better than I have been. At least I'm not eating everything. I've been eating chicken noodle soup for breakfasts and lunches sometimes as well. I didn't work yesterday, I'm going to try to work from home for a few hours this morning before my test.

• cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,563 Member
    Options
    Morning all, I couldn't sleep this morning, so I have been up for hours..made cinnamon rolls ( can) and making homemade white bread, it's in the bread machine kneading..LOL Once that's done, let it rise, and then bake in the oven...then in 15 min it will all be gone...no not by me..even though I wish. It is so cold here, I did go on a short bike ride yesterday. Trying to get my goals before me and not let company take them all. LOL

@trooworld Covid is going around to lots around here...I pray you don't have it, but if you do, you are already half way through..LOL. Unfortunately lots of people here have it...it's crazy. Even though I have had it, I still want no part of being around people who do. I still can't smell...and I had a VERY SENSITIVE nose before...drove my family crazy..

cbabie

• theslightedgeforever
    Options
    @cbabie I'll have company next week. My sil is coming for a week. Better not bring covid with her. I've already got my exercise plan in mind. I'll do it upstairs. She will be sleeping downstairs and if she sees me she will start talking and then I'll never do it. So I'm going to tell her I'll be ready to visit with her at 8 once I fix breakfast. That way I'll get in my exercise and my journal/meal time in. I read today a lady still doesn't have her sense of smell back and it's been one year. Hopefully you'll get it back before then. I'd rather lose sense of smell than taste. Did you need more sweets in the house? ;) Hopefully they will all be gone so you won't get into them. I can't make homemade bread here or I'll eat it slice by slice. Only if it's soft white. Yaaaay on your bike ride. You are putting yourself first. I'm ready for cold weather to be over.

@trooworld I hope you feel better. Good news is you aren't eating a lot. So maybe you can squeak out a bit of weight loss for all your trouble. Yeah tests are hard to come by I hear. Oprah is now saying, You get covid and You get covid and you get covid. I heard Stephen Colbert had someone on his show last night that was giving good explanations about it. It's supposed to be on youtube. I haven't watched it yet. I feel sorry for non covid patients that need the ERs and hospitals.

130/164 Yellow
    52 min cardio, weights, stretching
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Hi all..quick note. @trooworld hope you get the test done & it is negative. I did do a telemedicine & didn’t even need to ask if I needed the tests. He set it up & 10 minutes later I was at the clinic getting them done. Found the influenza result online & it was Negative. Still waiting to hear about COVID. Just looked online & not there yet. I really don’t feel bad…just the darn cough! He did give me a pill to stop the cough & today hardly do that either. & my temp is back to normal at 97, even tho it only went to 98, lol. Hoping for a negative..maybe it is just that bad cold.

@cbabie…oooh, homemade bread sounds so good! Cold here, too….just said 8 degrees, lol. It is sooo windy last night & today.

@TeresaW1020 Hope your dh still doing well after surgery!

Gd had follow up appt & Dr pleased with her progress. She is hoping PT will let her wear heels so she can start doing Show Choir soon.

Hope everyone has a safe healthy week.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @cbabie Sorry you couldn't sleep. It sounds like you were very productive! It's been cold here, too. Yay for a bike ride! I don't think I have COVID but my symptoms are similar so I had to test. It's really going around here, too. Yeah, you should be just as careful as always because you can get reinfected, I've heard that. Hopefully, your sense of smell comes back soon.

@theslightedgeforever Thanks. I weighed in yesterday, didn't lose but didn't gain either. Hahaha. I'll look up Stephen Colbert. Yeah, I tried to really treat the symptoms so this whatever it is doesn't turn into something else and I need to go to the hospital for it.

@RetiredAndLovingIt Thanks. I'm glad you got the test so quickly. I hope your test is negative. I'm glad you are getting good care.

Hi all. I attempted to work in the morning yesterday and lasted 2.5 hrs before I had to sign out and rest. I was just too wiped out. I'm feeling a bit better today (no midnight coughing fits!) and will attempt to work for as long as I can.

Getting a test from the county went very smoothly except they had us swab our nose ourselves after a one-sentence explanation. They didn't tell us how far up to put the swab or to twirl around on the insides of our noses, they just said, "twirl around 6 times on each side". I knew the real instructions because I had done it before so I did what I had done before. I can imagine some people might not get true results because of those instructions.

• trooworld
    Options
    Hi all. I actually got the results back yesterday 24 hours after I took the test: I am negative for COVID! It's just a bad cold. Phew! I'm starting to feel better. Less congestion, less coughing, and a little more energy.