Health Goals

Options
I am so glad to be apart of this community. My health goals are to lower my cholesterol, A1C levels, and to get off medications. I have a love for French fries, chocolate chip cookies, and Coca Cola. If you can support me on this journey, please do not hesitate to reach out to me. I could use some encouragement and alternatives for the items that I mentioned above. To good health!

Essence

Replies

• neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,925 Member
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Those goals are all related with a focus on reducing chronic inflammation. Just to keep my answer short I'll keep it basic and doable without too much effort or confusion. Exercise is critical for good health and longevity and has a direct connection to reducing inflammation and if your not doing much I suggest to get at least 90 minutes a week, three 30 minute sessions and even walking is a good start, but this has to be a forever thing. As far as diet is concerned as it related to you concerns is to try and replace highly processed foods with more whole foods, the more you do that the more your overall health markers improve. The only macro I'll mention is protein which are the actual material that makes us who we are and not getting enough will work against us, so keep an eye on that. .7-1g per lb of goal weight is a good goal for that purpose. cheers and good luck.
  • ambermichk
    ambermichk Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat... just got put on BP and cholesterol medication, pre diabetic. I am a soda and junk food..... Milk chocolate candy, potato chips, pepsi or mountain dew ....addict. Trying to make some changes. Small changes, adding something new each week.
    I would love to be your friend but do not know how to "friend" someone here.
  • Essence_46
    Essence_46 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I’m not sure how to friend someone either. When I figure it out, I will let you know.
  • sugaraddict4321
    sugaraddict4321 Posts: 15,720 MFP Moderator
    Options