Bring IT! Part III: Team No Excuses in March

Options

Replies

• mgullette
    mgullette Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Way to go everyone! Mya you aren't messing around!

Nerve, don't be fooled by YogaX, I burn close to 400 calories with it. I sweat like a pig during the vinyasa and balance pose sections....it definitely isn't an easy day by any means.

Meisje, it looks like you're eating really healthy; the only thing I can think of is to maybe lower your carbs and up the protein. Maybe try playing around with your percentages a bit.

BTW, I was listening to an interview with Tom Venuto, author of Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle, and he had some really great things to say.

1. You can't outtrain a lousy diet.

2. Learn the difference between emotional hunger and physical hunger. Physical hunger builds up slowly over time; it's the feeling of fat cells shrinking. You feel satisfied after you eat. Emotional hunger comes on suddenly; something you feel that you need to satisfy immediately, but you feel guilty after.

3. Belief vs Willpower. A belief is something that makes you act automatically. Willpower is changing with force. Willpower won't last forever; if you truly believe something, the effects are much longer-lived.

4. What's stopping you? Excuses. A belief is not a fact. It is not absolute reality. Is it really true? Find an exception, and that one exception is proof that your belief holds no water. A mom with three kids and too busy? If you find a busy mom of 3 kids who finds time to stay in shape and eat right, your belief is shattered.

5. Genetics play a role, but environment and lifestyle overcome this by far. You may have a tendency, but tendencies don't determine fate.

6. If your goal is fat loss, you must create a calorie deficit. Every meal needs to be based around a lean protein and vegetables. When you need to drop calories, drop them from carbohydrates first; you won't be sacrificing muscle mass.

7. 90/10 rule- If you're following your program 90% of the time exactly, you will receive almost all of the results. 10% isn't that significant, but over time you can move towards 100%.

8. 80/20 rule- 20% of your life effect 80% of your results. Forget the minutia and focus on the 20% that have the most impact.

Way to go everyone!

M
  • sweetapplepi
    Options
    Everyone is doing great :drinker: I'm down .6 pounds again! I hag gained it abit ago, and hadn't weighed myself, so I stepped on the scale today and voila! :laugh: It's a teeny step in the right direction.
    I can tell a huge difference in my body, my clothes fit and tmi but so do my underwear :blushing: so I know that my body is changing. I'm in a normal weight range for my height, so I might just maintain this weight and just work on conditioning/toning my body. I don't like changing my goals though, so I'm not sure if I will stop trying to lose the last few pounds that I want. Hm...
    Anyways, Happy Monday everyone! :smile:
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    LMFAO apple haha I was going through my drawer as well and was like Yippeeee my fav ones fit!!! haahah...Great post M!!!
    Ok o now im in love with fage OMG i get the no fat one 6oz is 90 calories i take organic fruit spread 1tbsp 25 calories and mix it in with fresh blueberries and peaches YUMYUMYUM!! I got up early and cooked myself a nice lentil soup Im laying off the meats a bit this week so I can learn other ways to get in protein......WTG everyone!!! keep up the good work..:drinker:
  • nerveracker
    Options
    M yeah I burned 862 cals in yoga tonight. it's normally that high for me, but it was tonight. I just don't find yoga to be my favorite workout. but hey it's growing on me. :ohwell:

Masty, good work. it's good to vary your foods up. Keep up the good work. I see you dropped 2 more?? is that right? AWESOME work girl!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • MyaPapaya75
    Options
    Goood Morning Bring It Bunch!!

Yep Nerveracker 2-7 pounds has been the norm for me weekly. Tks!
    I think we may need roll call M *lol*
    Everyone still posting their foods? & Workouts?
    Im doing my normal 2hrs today had to adjust it a bit because Cardio Max level 2 is a bit longer than the 30min level 1.
    I plan to walk again this evening for 1hr before bed as well.
    Brunch will probably consist of yogurt and lentils but Im not 100% yet because I might just crave some hummus lol...:drinker: Have a great day everyone and be sure to Bring It!! Summer is coming!! Yahoooooooooooooooooooooooo!
  • JessicaT2007
    JessicaT2007 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    I have class all day today and don't have time to catch up on the reading til later, but just wanted to tell everyone hi and that I am still bringing it today! LOL.

I hope everyone has a great day! Be back tonight!
  • mgullette
    Options
    Morning everyone! I have to work this afternoon, but of course I'll be back to bring it later tonight. Have a good day!
  • MyaPapaya75
    Options
    Hi all.....Hi Jess!! *meisje your food intake looks fine to me as well*
    Well I did my 2hrs and lets just say I was having one of those days but I pushed through...the family ordered fish fry and cordon bleu sandwiches ..lucky me but i made good choices...1oz of the chicken 1 slice of the deli ham 2oz of the fish and 3 fries and 1 tsp mac salad **i had no bread and kept all my promises and stayed within all my percentages* with this i had my 2 cups baby spinach with red wine dressing....of course everyone was looking at me like i was nuts BUT i felt good afterwards..... im not gonna let them detour me just by a little fish fry LOL.........tonight im having yogurt for dinner which will place me at about 1200 calories because i had a nice hearty breakfast....well im gonna rest a bit then get up for my 7pm walk...tomorrow i go to my sisters so it will be another 5 am workout day...fun fun....:drinker:
  • strawberry25shortcake
    strawberry25shortcake Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Woo-Hoo! So glad I found you guys! Yesterday was my first day, I did chest and back...could barely get dressed this morning:happy: Now I am waiting for my husband and we are doing the Plyometrics...hope I can get through it:ohwell: I have a question. My husband purchased P90X from some guy, and I'm thinking we are missing some things...how do you guys figure out calories burned? I am not really worried about it- but it would be nice to know. Thanks!
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    BTW, I was listening to an interview with Tom Venuto, author of Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle, and he had some really great things to say.

1. You can't outtrain a lousy diet.

2. Learn the difference between emotional hunger and physical hunger. Physical hunger builds up slowly over time; it's the feeling of fat cells shrinking. You feel satisfied after you eat. Emotional hunger comes on suddenly; something you feel that you need to satisfy immediately, but you feel guilty after.

3. Belief vs Willpower. A belief is something that makes you act automatically. Willpower is changing with force. Willpower won't last forever; if you truly believe something, the effects are much longer-lived.

4. What's stopping you? Excuses. A belief is not a fact. It is not absolute reality. Is it really true? Find an exception, and that one exception is proof that your belief holds no water. A mom with three kids and too busy? If you find a busy mom of 3 kids who finds time to stay in shape and eat right, your belief is shattered.

5. Genetics play a role, but environment and lifestyle overcome this by far. You may have a tendency, but tendencies don't determine fate.

6. If your goal is fat loss, you must create a calorie deficit. Every meal needs to be based around a lean protein and vegetables. When you need to drop calories, drop them from carbohydrates first; you won't be sacrificing muscle mass.

7. 90/10 rule- If you're following your program 90% of the time exactly, you will receive almost all of the results. 10% isn't that significant, but over time you can move towards 100%.

8. 80/20 rule- 20% of your life effect 80% of your results. Forget the minutia and focus on the 20% that have the most impact.

Way to go everyone!

M

Thanks for sharing that!! Especially true is #4. My brother tells people all the time that if his sister (me) can train for a marathon while taking care of 3 kids, they have NO excuses. :laugh: I hate excuses!!

Jess
  • JessicaT2007
    Options
    Hey everyone!

I am just so proud of everyone on here! My weigh ins are on Fridays. I'll update that then. Myastyme, you are just doing so well! I am proud of your loss (and jealous :tongue: )

Apple, if you change your goals no one here will care. It is all about you and what you feel good at. I know you know that. :flowerforyou:

I did a good work out between a couple of my classes. I am getting a little burned out on the running so I changed it up today. I did about an hr and 10 minutes of cardio with 50 minutes of legs and arms and stretching. Gotta love the nice stretch at the end of a good workout!

I started out this morning with my own fruit smoothie, the had 2 oz of lean turkey breast with whole wheat toast. A salad with romaine lettuce and green beans. No dressing. I'm weird and can do without it. I then had no sugar added applesauce. For a snack I had a fiber one bar (I just love those and cannot give them up!) and just now for dinner I had one super thin pork shop seasoned with salt and pepper and some herbs with steamed broccoli.

I am at school tomorrow from 8 AM til about 10 PM and in classes all day; no real breaks. I won't get a workout in but just made that my day off from working out until the end of the semester. I will eat sensible tho by packing my whole days worth of food with me! I'm going to start preparing it now. Have a good night everyone! If I get a chance I'll be here tomorrow. If not see y'all Thursday!
  • JessicaT2007
    Options
    Oh, and welcome Strawberry! I just LOVE this place!!
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Woo-Hoo! So glad I found you guys! Yesterday was my first day, I did chest and back...could barely get dressed this morning:happy: Now I am waiting for my husband and we are doing the Plyometrics...hope I can get through it:ohwell: I have a question. My husband purchased P90X from some guy, and I'm thinking we are missing some things...how do you guys figure out calories burned? I am not really worried about it- but it would be nice to know. Thanks!

Good job! I have a HRM now (Polar F6) but when I was doing P90X I just followed the guidelines (which is basically the MFP of 1,200 base and 600 cals for exercise, so 1,800 is the lowest level). You can enter Plyo as high impact aerobics, and Kenpo as low impact aerobics if you want to do it that way. HTH!
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Hello everyone! I have been bringin' it!! Chest, shoulders, & triceps w/ my hubby last night.

Today was a FULL day. 5 mile run with speedwork + 600 yd swim this morning.

13 mile bike + Ab Ripper X tonight. :bigsmile: Feeling awesome!

Hope everyone is still bringin' it!

Jess
  • JessicaT2007
    Options
    Good morning all.
    Got my pics updated on P90X site, Team Dude feel free to sneak by and take a look. Day 21 in the books. Begining week 4 this week wasn't as dramatic as the first 2, but still on the right track with the downward trend of body fat, waist size, and scales. I'm happy, looking better, and feeling better. This is my "recovery" week in P90X yoga, core synergetics, and kenpo, all on tap for this week, high calorie burns (cept for yoga) ready to rock it out! how about you?

I looked at your pics and you are looking awesome! Congrats on such good progress!
  • mgullette
    Options
    Chest and Back X done! Well, my upper body is probably going to be shot for the next few days:grumble: I hate it, but I love it! :wink:

Welcome to new members! Way to go everyone. JessT, great job on keeping with it during school. It can be really tough.

Hi Jessmomof3! I knew you never stopped bringing it. Looking at your training, it looks like you're going for triathalon! Perhaps you'll be tackling that beast after your half-marathon?

Hello to everyone else. I am sure I missed some people. Mya's always bringing it, and it seems her ticker changes every day!

:smile:
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Chest and Back X done! Well, my upper body is probably going to be shot for the next few days:grumble: I hate it, but I love it! :wink:

Hi Jessmomof3! I knew you never stopped bringing it. Looking at your training, it looks like you're going for triathalon! Perhaps you'll be tackling that beast after your half-marathon?

Hello to everyone else. I am sure I missed some people. Mya's always bringing it, and it seems her ticker changes every day!

:smile:

Yep, I'm tackling another triathlon in June. Mainly focusing on the half for now but still doing some swimming and now cycling since the weather is so nice!! I got into the tri's last year, LOVE them! :wink: I know, Mya is a machine!! Go girl!

Good job w/ C & B... love that one! But yes, you always feel it for a couple days after!

Jess
  • Phoenixflame
    Phoenixflame Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Hello lovelies!

I'm feeling great about myself--I'd been running on the treadmill, but I was more or less "getting used to it." Today, I decided to try HIIT! I'd never done it on a treadmill before, only in spin class.

I followed a beginner's workout from a good website. I could have stopped. But then I said to myself, "Phoen!x, did you really BRING IT?!" NO! I had a ton of energy, more so than usual. I did another round of intervals and got up to 9mph for 45 seconds. Not amazing for many people, but I'd never done that on a treadmill before. I didn't get off that damn thing until I was dripping...but feeling good!

Just one caveat...I know why I had so much energy. The Venom people were at my college and giving away free bottles. I had the low carb Mojave Rattler...because I am incapable of turning down free stuff. It was only 50 calories (I had extra) but I'd like to get an energy boost a tad more naturally.

Any suggestions?
  • strawberry25shortcake
    strawberry25shortcake Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Today is my third day...did Plyo last night and I almost puked:tongue: Today is Shoulders+Arms+Abs. How in the world am I gonna do shoulders??? They still hurt from all those push-ups:happy: I love it. The only thing is, since I started P90X, I constantly feel hungry. I know my body will need a bit more fuel for energy, but man- I could eat an elephant:laugh:
  • JessicaT2007
    Options
    Hey guys, I found about 10 minutes to stop in and say hi!

I cannot get a workout in today because of classes and I am just exhausted, but tomorrow I will double bring it!

I hope everyone is doing well! I'm going to make this a thread but just wondering if you guys know any great running shoes in the $100 range? TIA!