Just Give Me 10 Days - Round 233

Options

Replies

• Chapter_3
    Chapter_3 Posts: 487 Member
    edited August 2023
    Options
    @SModa61 I actually came to MFP hoping to see DGS news this morn. Congrats! And the ⚖️ for you &the kitty cats is hilarious! Saint of a grandmother/mom you are keeping those kittens! Keep it going!
    My parents passed away within 13 months of each other with two years of decline before their passing… I was their primary caretaker (With other siblings close by of course). During that time, it was very, VERY hard, but as I look back, it was the most precious/rewarding/intimate time I’d ever spent with them. Times will get tough but you will appreciate these moments later (And the frustrations as to how you gutted through it) I promise.

@Antara_Kid Congrats on the 12- 3–45 and staying consistent! I will definitely jump on tomorrow, but the heat is just too much in the morning for me to have any energy in this afternoon… You are inspiring me!
  • SheilaBoneham
    SheilaBoneham Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    SModa61 wrote: »
    @Anabirgite The Benjamin Franklin effect is so counter intuitive to me. Hope all is well for you!

@SheilaBoneham FYI I will never look at Benadryl the same again, after this summer. As I have mentioned, my mother is now seeing a geriatric psychiatrist to help with dementia. First thing he spotted was her use of tylenol PM which is essentially tylenol with Benadryl added. Apparently, it is associated with cognitive issues as we get older. This psychiatrist has actually had a number of patients come in with an Alzheimer's diagnosis and, a month or so after removing the Benadryl/tylenol PM, Alzheimer's was no longer their diagnosis. He further stated that a way to "flunk your boards" is to refer to the use of diphenhydramine with an older patient. Sorry I am ranting about this, but I have not stopped since I found out my mother was using something that I have never thought as risky, but was likely damaging her. There should be a warning on the label. I do hope your reaction to the injection feels better soon. That in itself is scary stuff! <3

@SModa61 First— congratulations on the the handsome new grandson! What a great photo, and beautiful boy! (Do you know that John Lennon song?)

Also, I do remember you mentioning the diphenhydramine issue before. Scary. I’m only taking it for 2-3 days specifically for the reaction. But thanks for the reminder!
  • SModa61
    SModa61 Posts: 2,869 Member
    Options
    @Anabirgite The Benjamin Franklin effect is so counter intuitive to me. Hope all is well for you!

@SheilaBoneham FYI I will never look at Benadryl the same again, after this summer. As I have mentioned, my mother is now seeing a geriatric psychiatrist to help with dementia. First thing he spotted was her use of tylenol PM which is essentially tylenol with Benadryl added. Apparently, it is associated with cognitive issues as we get older. This psychiatrist has actually had a number of patients come in with an Alzheimer's diagnosis and, a month or so after removing the Benadryl/tylenol PM, Alzheimer's was no longer their diagnosis. He further stated that a way to "flunk your boards" is to refer to the use of diphenhydramine with an older patient. Sorry I am ranting about this, but I have not stopped since I found out my mother was using something that I have never thought as risky, but was likely damaging her. There should be a warning on the label. I do hope your reaction to the injection feels better soon. That in itself is scary stuff! <3

@SModa61 First— congratulations on the the handsome new grandson! What a great photo, and beautiful boy! (Do you know that John Lennon song?)

Also, I do remember you mentioning the diphenhydramine issue before. Scary. I’m only taking it for 2-3 days specifically for the reaction. But thanks for the reminder!

@SheilaBoneham Yes, great song. On the Benadryl, your use is logical. Sorry for the rant on it. I am just so shocked that something I have always considered so benign actually has a risk to it.
  • deepwoodslady
    deepwoodslady Posts: 10,859 Member
    Options

@SModa61 Wow! Thanks so much for sharing the Tyl PM info. I have been guilty of using it to help me sleep on occasion as I have notorious sleeping problems. Never again! The bottle is going in the trash! What are your thoughts on Melatonin? I don't really want to get into a prescription of sleeping pills for my occasional problems with sleep. I appreciate anyone's thoughts or info on this.
  • deepwoodslady
    deepwoodslady Posts: 10,859 Member
    Options

8/22 130.0 I wanted tacos last night so I made the seasoned meat and warmed some tortillas. I also wanted guac but my avocado isn’t ready. 😢 Too bad I didn’t have lettuce to make wraps instead of eating tortillas!

@quiltingjaine I use these products for tacos and wraps etc. The larger one from La Tortilla Company has 14 total carbs and Zero net carbs. The smaller street taco size has 7 total carbs and Zero net carbs. I know you count whole carbs instead of net carbs but the fiber is still a good thing.

n15qdukva2h5.png
  • musicsax
    musicsax Posts: 4,291 Member
    Options
    @deepwoodslady , so sorry to hear your news, the fact that the experts think that it is not necessary to take a biopsy, but check again in 6 month surely must be a positive? Going to think of you during this next 6 months & keep everything crossed 🤗🤗🤗.
  • SModa61
    SModa61 Posts: 2,869 Member
    Options

@SModa61 Wow! Thanks so much for sharing the Tyl PM info. I have been guilty of using it to help me sleep on occasion as I have notorious sleeping problems. Never again! The bottle is going in the trash! What are your thoughts on Melatonin? I don't really want to get into a prescription of sleeping pills for my occasional problems with sleep. I appreciate anyone's thoughts or info on this.

@deepwoodslady If my sharing what I learned helps one person, I will be thrilled. I confiscated ALL the bottles my parents had (several) and I was even one of the buyers for them when they asked. They are all going in the trash or maybe better yet, bring it to the medication disposal receptical. As for melatonin, my MIL uses and she is 84, and more importantly my father spoke with his geriatric PCP about sleep aid yesterday, and was told to use melatonin. From that, I am assuming it is considered safe. That same PCP, when we told him about what the geriatric psychiatrist caught, he asked where did the tylenol PM come from, and in his words "literally causes memory loss with long term use" (reading it of my meeting notes). So he also was anti-tylenols PM but has recommended the melatonin for my father. My MIL finds it helpful.
  • enlightenme3
    enlightenme3 Posts: 2,520 Member
    Options
    Round 233 (my 68th)
    August 20, 2023 - August 29, 2023
    Female, 5’7”
    HW: 181 pounds (Dec 30, 2019)
    Previous Rounds:
    R164 SW: 164.7, EW: 162.3
    R165 EW: 161.2
    R166 EW: 157.4
    R167 EW: 157.0
    R168 EW: 153.7
    R169 EW: 154.3 - Thanksgiving week
    R170 EW: 149.9
    R171 EW: 151.0 - Travel almost the entire round
    R172 EW: 149.7 - Christmas holidays
    R173 EW: 148.6
    R174 EW: 146.8
    R175 EW: 145.5
    R176 EW: 143.5
    R177 EW: 142.4
    R178 EW: 140.2
    R179 EW: 139.6
    R180 EW: 137.6
    R181 EW: 135.6
    R182 EW: 136.2
    R183 EW: 134.9
    R184 EW: 134.9
    R185 EW: 135.4
    R186 EW: 132.7
    R187 EW: 132.1
    R188 EW: 133.2
    R189 EW: 133.8
    R190 EW: 134.3
    R191 EW: 132.5
    R192 EW: 132.9
    R193 EW: 132.5
    R194 EW: 133.4
    R195 EW: 132.7
    R196 EW: 133.6
    R197 EW: 134.9
    R198 EW: 132.3
    R199 EW: 130.7
    R200 EW: 130.5
    R201 EW: 130.7 (last weigh-in before traveling)
    R202 EW: 134.5
    R203 EW: 132.9
    R204 EW: 134.0
    R205 EW: 132.7
    R206 EW: 133.2
    R207 EW: 134.0
    R208 EW: 134.5
    R209 EW: 134.3
    R210 EW: 131.8
    R211 EW: 131.3
    R212 EW: 132.9
    R213 EW: 131.6
    R214 EW: 132.5
    R215 EW: 132.5
    R216 EW: 132.9 (last weigh-in before traveling)
    R217 EW: 130.3
    R218 EW: 132.5
    R219 EW: 130.7
    R220 EW: 131.0 (last weigh-in before traveling)
    R221 EW: 131.2 (DD wedding/travel)
    R222 EW: 130.5
    R223 EW: 133.4
    R224 EW: 132.9
    R225 EW: 132.9
    R226 EW: 132.7
    R227 EW: 132.9
    R228 EW: 132.5
    R229 EW: 133.8
    R230 EW: 133.4
    R231 EW: 134.0
    R232 EW: 132.1
    RSW: 132.1 pounds 8/19/23, EO Round 232)
    RGW: < 135.0 pounds
    UGW: 130-135 pound range

Day/Weight/Comment
    8/20: 131.4 - Got my workout in after skipping it on Friday. Ate fairly well and slept well.
    8/21: 131.4 - A little surprised I held this weight since we went to our neighbor’s 1st birthday party for their dog (a first for me, and I think mainly an excuse to throw a party for our neighbor). They had wine, samosas, pizza - all of which I partook in. I entered all the food in my diary and was surprised I was still under calories. Thank you workout for helping get some extra calories for the day!
    8/22: 132.5 - Pretty sure it was going to happen since I ate leftovers from the party for lunch and dinner.
    8/23: 132.5 -
    8/24: -
    8/25: -
    8/26: -
    8/27: -
    8/28: - DNW - Traveling
    8/29: - DNW - Traveling

Total round weight loss/gain to date from EO last round: + 0.4 pounds