NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Options

Replies

• gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    trooworld wrote: »
    @fabgeekmom I have an ice cream maker and love homemade ice cream (it's so much better than store-bought), but I haven't made any in a while. Congrats on maintaining when previously you would have gained! That's great that you are so close to your goal.

@cbabie Kids are always getting sick, huh? I hope baby girl gets over it quickly and doesn't pass it along to you! That's good you aren't gaining. Thank you.

Hi all. My migraine is better today but yesterday, I was totally wiped out from it. I joined the YMCA online and will go to a stretch class this morning at 7. I'm going to a personal shopping appointment at Macy's this morning as well. Just getting a couple of outfits, I think. That's my Saturday!

Water yesterday: 12 oz

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."

Glad to hear migraine is doing better. Sounds like a good Saturday morning! I’ve got an ice cream maker haven’t figured out how to use it yet but it’s probably simple. Lol.
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday All!

Busy morning with groomers, errands and going to my nieces first ever soccer game. She’s 3 so it’s more watching a bunch of kids run around a field or away from field. It was cute. My niece was a bit shy or just hungry and wanted a nap. It was almost noontime for the game and most kids were having meltdowns or getting sick. Was very hot and humid.

Relaxing now, going to read a book in a few. Class is over. I think I can assume I got an A since I got an A on everything. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

~Missy
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,918 Member
    Options
    @fabgeekmom Thanks, me too! I love ATK recipes, they always come out well. I use a lot from that app, too. You must have a digital subscription, like me? Oh man, that salad and steak dinner sounds delicious. That's great that the restaurant offers half portions, good decision!

@cbabie I'm sorry you are feeling bad. Good idea to plan out your meals. Yes, I needed that day. My depression is better today.

@gemwolf110 Thanks, me too. It was a fun Saturday morning, I got a few of the outfits and can't wait to wear them! You should definitely make some ice cream but not too often lol. I don't blame the kids for having meltdowns, since it was hot lol. Congrats on your A!

Hi all. I had a good time shopping. I got a few outfits. We are going to the zoo this morning before it gets scorching hot. It should be fun.

Water yesterday: 45 oz

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • fabgeekmom
    fabgeekmom Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Hi, all. I hope everyone is well. I swam laps today at the recreation center. The water was warm and it felt good to swim. Swimmers is the exercise that I do that burns the most calories. I’m not able to do anything strenuous due to my arthritis. No food challenges today. So far I don’t think my son is making a dessert. We do have ice cream from last week but just enough for everyone to have a taste.
  • Tamevv
    Tamevv Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I’ve been away from here for far too long. Bad habits are the norm again. I’m heavy and lethargic and sore. But today I will do a short exercise and I will track. Hope you are all well.

• trooworld
    edited September 2023
    Options
    @fabgeekmom Oh that's great you swam laps. It's hot here in Southern California, so I really enjoy when I go to Aqua Zumba or water aerobics in the pool. That's good there were no food challenges. Have a great day!

@Tamevv Hi! Nice to "see" you. Were you able to do the exercise and track? Sounds like a good step.

Hi all. I didn't go to Aqua Zumba yesterday as we went to the zoo instead and I figure that was good enough exercise. I made salmon last night but I overcooked it (as usual, I hate cooking salmon!). I'm not looking forward to the leftovers. :/

Water yesterday: 35 oz

• fabgeekmom
    Options
    Hi, all. I hope all is well. I am finishing my coffee. My son ordered some flavored coffee from Gloria Jean’s. Now I’m drinking butter toffee. I have a milk frother and I froth unsweetened vanilla almond milk. @trooworld maybe you can make salmon cakes with the leftovers.
  • Tamevv
    Options
    Hi everyone.

@trooworld yes I exercised and yes I tracked!! Was only a hundred cals over goal which I’m stoked with. I’m exercising a little again today but have a cardio test this afternoon so don’t want to push too much (hahaha which is my excuse of the day 🙄). Feet are still messed up which I have an appt about in two weeks. Maybe finally some answers.

An unusual day today but should be food safe with what I’ve packed. Fngers crossed for another good one.

Sleep tight all,
    Tam.
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,569 Member
    Options
    Afternoon all, Well I am feeling like me today, still sore in the throat, but I think it's because I have to sing the baby to sleep..LOL. No exercises until I see the Dr, but I just keep moving and not sitting a lot.
    I have a good walk from the car to the school play yard and back in the AM, so gets my blood going.

@fabgeekmom My family loves salmon. I can't stand it...I cook it for them and yes they love the cakes too. My mom cooked them, I am just not a fan. Great job on the swimming. I laughed butter toffee, I could see a big cup of butter with toffee on top. I know that's not what you have, but in my "cartoon" mind that's what I saw. LOL. hope you enjoyed it!!

@Tamevv So glad to see your post again. We all take mini breaks from time to time. It's good you are taking the steps to get rid of the aches and soreness. Our bodies really tell us when we don't treat them right. LOL

@trooworld I have a recipe for air fryer salmon. My family loves it ( you know I won't touch it) So they tell me when to keep a recipe...and then they laughed at the title because I don't cuss...so I have attached the link to recipe. LOL. I would say the zoo was good exercise!!

https://recipeteacher.com/best-damn-air-fryer-salmon/

Cbabie
  • trooworld
    Options
    @fabgeekmom Oh that coffee sounds delicious! I have a milk frother, too. I love it! Thanks for the idea, my husband would love those. I think he ate my leftovers last night anyway though lol.

@Tamevv Great job, Tam! Sounds like you had a spectacular day. I'm glad you have an appt about your feet. I hope the cardio test goes well.

@cbabie I'm glad you are feeling like the YOU we love! Way to keep moving. I love the way your mind works (big cup of butter with toffee on top) LOL. Thanks for the recipe, maybe I won't overcook that one lol. I get recipes from that site sometimes, they are always good. Yes, the zoo has lots of hills so it is good exercise!

@theslightedgeforever Knock knock! Anyone home?

Hi all. Well, I didn't eat that salmon but I didn't make a good choice, either. I only got 4 1/2 hours of sleep on Sunday night and I think that affected what happened: I left work early because I was so very tired and I stopped at fast food. I'm not happy about it but it is what it is. I came home and slept for almost two hours and felt better when I woke up. I must have still been really tired because last night, I got an ultra rare EXCELLENT sleep. I don't think I've ever gotten that, usually I get FAIR or POOR or sometimes GOOD.

Water yesterday: 35 oz

• fabgeekmom
    Options
    Hi, all! I hope everyone is well. I got a good night’s sleep last night, too. That makes all the difference. My husband put some light blocking curtains on our sliding glass doors and the room is so dark! I get up several times to go to the bathroom but I have been falling asleep faster. I think it’s the curtains. Today is a swimming day. We have burgers from last night for lunch and we’ll have a pork recipe from America’s Test Kitchen for dinner.
  • cbabie
    Options
    Morning all, I wish I could say I had a good day yesterday, but I went to bed angry. ( I try not to it's not healthy). but it is what it is. I realized I didn't take a pill I should have taken at bed time because of it and then I was even madder at myself for letting things effect me. Good note is that yesterday, first time in a long time it seems that my BP was low and my heart rate normal. One of the meds they put me on makes my heart rate really high...so I said I am not taking this. If it makes me feel like garbage I am not doing it. We will see, but today I am motivated to get some things done, so that is a positive thing.

@trooworld Yes it sounds like your body needed rest. Our bodies were designed very uniquely and glad you are listening to it. Today is a new day...who knows maybe your body needed the fast food to put you to sleep..LOL

@Tamevv Good job for going to check out what is going on with your health. You are taking charge of it and that is a very positive thing. I pray you get the right answers and your Dr has good wisdom and sound advice for you.

@fabgeekmom I love that you use the left overs for the next day lunch. I hear in my head waste not want not. Hope you enjoy the swimming again too!!

Cbabie
  • trooworld
    Options
    @fabgeekmom Oh that's good, yes it does make all the difference. That's great the curtains are helping. Enjoy the swimming and the pork!

@cbabie I'm sorry about your day yesterday. HUGS. That's good your BP was low and your HR was normal. Are you going to talk to your doctor about the med you aren't taking anymore? Yes, I don't think my director was happy I left but I am bipolar and sleep is very important to keep me from going manic. I didn't want to tell him that so I just said I couldn't function. Well, that fast food surely did put me to sleep lol.

Hi all. I had an okay day yesterday but still didn't track. I told myself this morning to take the time and pretrack, so that is what I did before I got on here. I am pretracked for the day except for my snacks. First time tracking in weeks.

Water yesterday: 50 oz

• fabgeekmom
    Options
    @trooworld Pretracking is a skill I learned from doing WW. It really helps. swimming was good yesterday. The pork dish was good and filling. I had leftover pork so I marinated it in soy sauce and ginger. I’ll air fry it for lunch. I’m going to Sam’s Club today. Lunch and dinner are Skinnytaste recipes.
  • Tamevv
    Options
    Just checking in again. Been good and bad with food. Wins and losses. Am currently considering a chocolate slice so am coming here instead 😊
  • trooworld
    Options
    @fabgeekmom I learned it from WW too! Yes, it does really help. It's the only way I track pretty much! That's nice that you had leftovers, makes lunch easy. :D I always eat leftovers from dinner for lunch the next day. I love Sams Club, we have one here. Gotta love Skinnytaste recipes, which ones are you making?

@Tamevv Keep fighting! You got this. I'm glad you came here instead.

Hi all. I had a good day yesterday, I did have a single/personal size bag of chips but other than that, I was on point. I am pretracked again today and will have a busy day. Have a great one!

Water yesterday: 75 oz

• fabgeekmom
    Options
    Last night I made Dijon honey chicken tenders from her air fryer cookbook. Also the lemon potatoes from the same book. I have all the cookbooks and it is so nice not to convert them to points. A new one is coming out Tuesday and I have preordered it. It’s a 7 or less ingredient cookbook. Today is a swimming day. Not sure about lunch, possibly a turkey burger. Dinner is scallops, rice and salad.
  • cbabie
    Options
    Morning all, I didn't do great yesterday...BUT I gave half of my ice cream to my DH...I would NEVER do that. YET I made blueberry banana bread in the bread maker and it's a keeper. LOL. I think my DD ate almost all of it..she told me this morning that I can't make bread anymore.

@fabgeekmom I have so many cookbooks, now I just look online. It's great you found someone you like and I like the 7 or less ingredient!! Yum Turkey Burgers!!!

@Tamevv You got this..just keep forming good habits, like coming here and getting support and encouragement.

@trooworld Great job on the chips. You know we get into trouble when we say we can't have something...our brain says...oh if you are going to withhold me from this, then you will eat a BIG bag later...so you might as well take the personal bag..LOL. ( I see the little angel and the evil one on my head, it's a battle you know) LOL

cbabie
  • trooworld
    Options
    @fabgeekmom I think I've made the lemon potatoes and really liked them. I'll have to look at the chicken tenders recipe. Ooh 7 ingredients or less, I like that idea! Enjoy your swimming.

@cbabie Wow, great job with the ice cream! I don't think I would do that either lol. That blueberry banana bread sounds yummy. Thanks, you are right! lol

Hi all. I did well yesterday until someone brought in 2 pies for their birthday. I did not do well after that. :( I gained 0.8 lbs this week and it's only partially due to the pies. I did have wrong choices all week. Tonight, I'm going to happy hour with my sister-in-law. We never go out, just the two of us, so it will be nice.

Water yesterday: 65 oz

• fabgeekmom
    Options
    Hi, all. I hope everyone is doing well. I finally lost .5! It took me a month to lose that. When I was on WW, we had a Connect group called the turtles. That’s me! It didn’t help that my son made ice cream every week during August. I really don’t need to lose any more weight but I’m going to keep on plugging away. The holidays are coming and I always gain a few pounds. In January I might add calories.