Weight loss & Accountability Buddy Needed!

Options
I am working to lose 110lbs. Could really use an accountability buddy. Preferably someone who is blunt and will be tough on me when needed.

Replies

• jennifermclurg
    jennifermclurg Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I also need to lose around the 90lbs for an operation. Maybe we could help each other?
  • fractalized
    fractalized Posts: 7 Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    I have a long way to go, still. 13 pounds or so down, and about 80 pounds in progress. If it's alright, we could join as a small group?
  • ReReNotMe
    ReReNotMe Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    7kg down 30 to go. Wouldn't mind someone to help keep me in check haha
  • atteliaorejel
    atteliaorejel Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I need the something someone to help keep me accountable I'm trying to lose a 100 pounds so maybe 🤔 we can be buddies on here.
  • bosskitty
    bosskitty Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hiya, add me if you like I need some serious motivation
  • luvmijomami
    luvmijomami Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi to all!! I’m on a 150 pound weight loss journey. I’m now probably like some on this chat; I’m dealing with uncontrollable high blood pressure with medicine, border line diabetes, swollen feet. I’m realizing I need to take better of myself since I do not want to have a stroke or heart attack. It’s a rude awakening but am taking this more seriously than I have in the past. One of my newer habits is logging in my meals. It is eye opening and allows me to plan meals around social events. Next is moving my steps daily from under 300 to what is the recommended 10,000 using one of the plans on fitness pal. Good luck to everyone on this thread. I wish you all health and happiness!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,139 Member
    Options
    If any of you would like to try a team approach, check out the Fat 2 Fit group. This group is set up to give you great support and help you with accountability - people on the teams become friends, help answer questions, get into lively discussions, and are there through the hard parts, the successes, and to send along encouragement (and tough love!) when needed. We have people with more than 200 pounds to lose, people getting close to goal, and everything in between.

The sign-up thread is here:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10895482/registration-for-new-members-august-2023#latest

You can look at the team chat threads, the general group challenges, and resources here:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/114605-fat-2-fit-weight-loss-challenge-and-support-group

Be sure to go back to the sign-up thread if you want to join!
  • elenacelestemorales
    Options
    I am working to lose 110lbs. Could really use an accountability buddy. Preferably someone who is blunt and will be tough on me when needed.

I'm 50 lbs down on a 150 lb journey. Not my first rodeo, but much smoother this time. I am holding myself to very specific health and food goals, so happy to partner with you.
  • izzified
    izzified Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    @jugar are the next openings for October?
  • SleepingBeauty12345
    Options
    Hello! Having to start over. Looking for motivational friends.
  • mmgomez28
    mmgomez28 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm on the same boat. I have about 150lbs to lose and I am restarting on MFP. Looking for friends here. :)
  • maggpi7
    maggpi7 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I've lost 109lb in 14 months and have like 40 more to lost!! Would love to have a buddy!!
  • Ms_Heffalumpy
    Ms_Heffalumpy Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    You're welcome to add me as a friend or anyone else for that matter, and believe me, I can be very blunt at time. (sometimes it gets me into trouble)

I could surely use a few 'blunt' friends myself to keep me from procrastinating...especially when it comes to exercise.

I'm 51 years old.
    I'm a wife,
    I'm a mom and....
    I'm a grandma <3

I have over 100 lbs to lose (SW: 305 lbs) but I'll be happy just to get to Onederland.
    I prefer to 'exercise' at home, mostly using free weights (kettlebells and dumbbells) and create all of my own exercise routines.

These days I try to live on the 'lighter side' when it comes to dieting and exercise in general.

This is not my first rodeo, so to speak, and stressing over what I 'should of', 'would of', or 'could of' done in the past to lose the weight, (and keep it off) is a complete waste of energy.

Life is too short to get my undies in a knot over my little screw ups. I've fallen off the wagon more times than I care to admit...

I'm hoping I can hang on this time around...
    So please...send me a friend's request.