LESS Alcohol ~ SEPTEMBER 2023 ~ One Day at A Time

Options

Replies

• Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,605 Member
    Options
    @MissMay I’m so sorry that job didn’t work out! Yes, very frustrating when direction changes all the time. I once worked for a company that did the same thing, so incredibly frustrating. Hugs!

@mfowler883 hugs to you too! I know you miss your pup terribly.

Stepped on the InBody today, and holy cow. No bueno. Others in my office are starting a cleanse, but I’m going to do that 21 day no sugar/no alcohol again, starting today. At least I snuck in a workout, and have tennis tomorrow. AF today!
  • mfowler883
    mfowler883 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Thanks, @Womona. I stopped by the vet today to get Bella's records for the folks that will do the spay next week. It was nice to see them but in a way it was a trigger. I guess I associate being there with being there with the boys. They really are great people, they were happy to see me and we hung out a bit, caught up, talked guns and passed around the new 1911, and hugged before I got the records and left. There was somebody's baby in a black bag labeled for final arrangements and that stung a little.

Lots of bad food today, it was my wife's birthday. One beer, so LA. 5 AF, 3 LA, 3 A if I'm counting right.

-m
  • Michieb125
    Michieb125 Posts: 511 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    I have cut way back compared to August and so far so good. I calendar my weekly activities and commitments including the gym, exercise days and A days (2x a week) and it helps me keep to the plan that I actually created for myself. Go figure! I am the only one in charge of my own health!

Let’s lift ourselves higher with our LA, and AF goals this week!

Goal: 20 or more AF days in Sept.
    Current:
    AF - 8
    A - 3
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    7 - AF
    5 - A
  • Womona
    Options
    @zensone maybe you’ll get lucky and the craft beer companies will have AF beer that you could spend the day sampling! You beer drinkers are so lucky to have good AF options. Us wine drinkers, not so much, although I do like that there are two options for lower alcohol wines. At any rate, have fun at the Oktoberfest!
  • Womona
    Options
    AF last night, after seeing my body composition Print-out on Monday, I don’t even want any! My weight is coming down so right now that’s great motivation for me. I had two club/cranberries last night in a wine glass. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, the glass matters!
  • Michieb125
    Options
    Speaking of Oktoberfest - Our town has its Oktoberfest weekend at the end of this month, always a fun time. It does draw big crowds. We like to go earlier in the day and spend most of our time visiting the vendor booths and seeing what interesting German food is available and of course people watch!

Last night I ended up finishing the KJ low cal bottle and another small one and another left over….too many leftovers! My DH doesn’t drink so I am going to go back to purchasing just half bottle sizes of wine for limited A days. There are better vintners that are now bottling this way in CA.

Current:
    AF - 8
    A - 4
  • xbowhunter
    xbowhunter Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    AF - 13
    A ' 0

Cheers my friends! :wink:
  • Michieb125
    Options
    Checking in tonight for tomorrows tally….have an early gym class and need to get ready to have the grandkids spend the night.

Planning AF until the weekend.

Current:
    AF - 9
    A - 4
  • tmbg1
    Options
    8 AF
    6 A
  • Womona
    Options
    I had a glass at wine night last night. But this morning I am very queasy- started after dinner last night. I doubt it’s the wine or what I ate, it may be a new liver detox supplement I just started. Not sure but I still feel the ick today. Definitely no alcohol for me!

As we go into the weekend, I hope you all have an enjoyable one, and are able to stick to your goals!
  • Michieb125
    Options
    @Womona hope that detox goes according to your plan. I use milk thistle (200 mg Silymarin) on occasion with no stomach issues.

Had the grandkids overnight last night and I do not have any A when they are at our house. But a little candy, ice cream and popcorn happened!

Tonight is planned wine and we are attending non drinking events both tomorrow and Sunday. Actually happy they will be AF!

Current:
    AF - 10
    A - 4
  • xbowhunter
    xbowhunter Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    14AF
    1 A

Cheers
  • tmbg1
    Options
    8 - AF
    7 - A
  • Michieb125
    Options
    Happy Saturday LA friends ~

Had planned wine last night but went over my preferred limit — does the low calorie wine keep anyone else wanting more? Today is a new day to start fresh and anew.

@RubyRed427 good to know about the use of milk thistle!

I also take a capsule of essential enzymes most evenings which breaks down carbs, proteins and fats (whether or not having wine). And a good probiotic daily - I think both keep my system running well and blood work is in normal range (age 60+).
    Of course these are not a substitute for fresh and clean healthy eating which I need to get back to.

Saturday means tidying up, and I need to do some garden clean/prep now that my summer growing season is coming to an end.

Current:
    AF - 10
    A - 5