JUST FOR TODAY... One day at a time .. Daily Commitment for 2023!

Options

Replies

• pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    No goals yesterday, need to do a few things today. Bike ride is on the schedule, but the weather is not cooperating. Luckily, I have a Peleton, so I should be able to get my jam on regardless of the weather. Nothing much planned other than that.

Glad to see the @Bex953172 is back and has had a great summer! Missed you girlie!
  • more_freggies76
    more_freggies76 Posts: 2,782 Member
    Options
    Hour commitment - I won't eat again until after 5 pm. Can still have my dose of metamusal.
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitment - After my yogurt, I won't eat again until tomorrow.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    JFT Friday - no treats after dinner!
    1. Park run. Duolingo. Leave early and shoot verbs script! Wear the green shirt for that and take the spirit shirt to change into. PRINT SOCRATIC SEMINAR WORKSHEETS ASAP!
    2. Grade journals and enter. Send in week 9 lesson plans. I HAVE GOT TO FINISH AN ESOL ASSIGNMENT. Write outline for new-school video. Shoot video?? Fill out time sheets.
    3. In class: Go out into hall in pairs and discuss Reflection questions. SOCRATIC SEMINAR. NEED TO GIVE IRONY AND THEME ELEMENTS.
    4. Planning - Create benchmark Qs based on categories. Align study guide to benchmark. Refer absences to social worker. Grade journals and enter. Need to review ELL cases. NEED TO TAKE COMPUTER HOME DAILY. Calls for students. Lunch meeting?
    5. Draft benchmark 2. Send terms to fellow English II teacher! Email member about meeting; check in with 3 others. Find time sheet. Can I check in with math teacher during 4th period??
    6. Check in with union members. How did we develop "an army of subs" before??? What are the areas of concern here? Ask R for current member list. Need to run member slips through copier to get PDFs.
    7. Create sheets with members names & contact info - including room locations! Where even is my sheet for this school??? Need also to find my time sheet for organizer job.
    8. Evening: Livestream. Dinner: Leftovers. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    9. Bedtime: Gratitude journal. Update IG. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Update JFT.
    10. Upcoming: Set up digital portfolio. Get elastic for shoes & take to shoe repair. Discuss Clois & Stuffy. Check in w parents regularly. Get stamps! Need to return the Dolly wig. Need to write blog posts. NEED TO GRADE JOURNALS!! Need to look into other options for wisdom teeth removal, also see if medical insurance will help to cover it. Check in with B about what to do when there are competing organizations. Contact S about members' displeasure at "being told who to vote for" and requests for info on ALL candidates.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    End of 2021: 194.4
    End of 2022: 201.2
    Today: 199.6

Long-term goals/progress

1. Professional / read current research. 2. Professional / present at conferences. 3. Professional / publish scholarly articles. 4. Professional / observe student needs and develop supports. 5. Professional / complete a doctorate. 6. Personal / retire comfortably. 7. Personal / renovate house. 8. Community / local progress. 9. Community / time with friends & family. 10. Family concerns. 11. Medical/fitness.

1. Research: Five paragraph essay. How student attitudes affect standardized test results; student surveys.

2. Presenting: Promote YT channel. Invite guests. Record mini-lessons.

3. Publishing: Read one journal article weekly; respond in a blog post. Clois for CWG. S&F for YT channel. Goodreads purchase list for McKay’s. Weekly blog series: Weekly Wishes (Monday) and Weekly Wins (Friday).

4. Observed student needs: Changing words between parts of speech (vocabulary/grammar). Synthesizing info from multiple sources, drawing conclusions (RI/W). EFFECTIVE transitions (W). Every day v everyday; any one v anyone (grammar). Sub/obj pronouns & structure (grammar). Poss v pl nouns (grammar). Short nonfic from Lat Amer/Africa/Asia (World Lit).

5. Doctorate: Research programs, requirements, resources, cost, timeline.

6. Retirement: Update name on JSSB acct. Check investments. Theater CV. Entertainment experience. Duolingo/Lang8.

7. House: Floor joists. Siding. Gutters. Floors.

8. Local progress: Library. Theater. PC2V. City/county govt. Community kitchen. She Should Run vision statement. Ed assoc. Ugly Christmas sweater. Prison abolition; reduce / re-allocate responsibilities dumped on cops. Push for diversity. Turn left!

9. Friends & extended family: Organize photos. Write postcards. Call weekly! Look for activities to do with friends. Purchase doll with long hair; practice French braid. Dance: tap, salsa, samba. Rhythm nation.

10. Immediate family: Clean room; work toward sleeping in room. Clean up behind desk. Make appointments for hearing, sleep study, vet. Keep track of plans for Rock City (Friday?) and Disney. Drive white car together; practice solo driving. Work on staying home solo when dark.

11. Medical: YMCA classes. Lift @ lunch. Maintain @ 155 w defined muscle tone. At 194, purple All-Stars. 189, 1pr black 1pr white leggings. 179, 2 Svaha Rachel dresses. 169 suit - Indochino? 159 swing dance lessons. Talk to PCP about feet (cannot do calf raises, pushups, planks, mountain climbers, etc.) Also back and shoulder pain. Why can’t I sleep better? Therapy Wed Jun 21 3P. Dentist April 19 11a. Biometric Th Aug 24 9AM. Annual exam Oct 11 9A check calendar; ask about migraines? Schedule massage. Need to RS colonoscopy and check on ADHD testing.

13. Therapy thoughts: Prioritizing is hard. There is so much that feels important. I need to talk to my parents about end-of-life plans (particularly funeral arrangements) and I'm not sure how to go about it. I do somewhat trust that they are capable of deciding when they need assisted living but should probably offer help in finding out what sort of place would be best BEFORE it actually becomes necessary. How do you take the hurt out of caring? Identify what I want: to have my professional expertise acknowledged and given the respect it deserves, and to be taken as a legitimate authority.

14. Just for fun: Start sketching dragon on a pile of books, offering one to the armored knight, & banner that reads "Treasure should not be hoarded / It should be shared." Use AI for ideas.

WFTY: Priorities. Runkeeper is incredibly snarky. Sheesh!
    2020 WFTY: Progress. 2021 WFTY: Persistence. 2022 WFTY: Focus.
  • more_freggies76
    edited September 2023
    Options
    Hour commitment - took meds with food, now I won’t eat again until 11:30. Going to see surgeon today for first post-op look at foot

Eating healthy food, staying low cal. Accepting (trying to accept) that I may gain a little since I can’t exercise. But it shouldn’t be too bad. Hopefully this surgery will give me a foot that can continue to walk for years to come. Anyone who has fought to lose a significant amount of weight knows any weight gain can be frightening.
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    It's often easy to become complacent when you work in a high hazard area. I mean we all know the dangers and safety is pretty tight around here, but every now and then something leaks and you aren't expecting it. Usually that just means you shelter in place until the hazmat team seals the leak. Sometimes however there is a human factor. Yesterday 3 employees had to be flown to UPMC (the is only hospital in the eastern US with the proper equipment) for monitoring and if needed treatment for a possible exposure to a deadly gas. Luckily, from what I hear none of the employees are experiencing symptoms which at this point is extremely good. If the exposure was going to cause damage to the lungs you usually know within 6 hours. It's been 18. Now it's time to figure out how it happened to prevent future issues. Wish us luck and pray for those in the hospital. It's very somber on plant today...

Needless to say, I didn't get my ride in yesterday because I was at work until about 7:30 and after that I just chilled and waited for hubby to get home. He is directly involved in the mitigation of yesterdays incident, and didn't get home until 11:00pm.

Today I am scheduled to run, aka walk fast, and I really need to get that in. I've missed a fair number of workouts lately.

JFT Friday
    - Work by 8:00 :smiley:
    - Training :smiley:
    - Safety Pause with Operations
    - Go get Nomex
    - Home to walk doggo at lunch
    - Home by 2:00 or 3:00
    - Run/Walk
    - Shower
    - Dinner with hubby if he gets home at a reasonable hour
    - Maybe go shoot pool

• more_freggies76
    Options
    Oops - forgot I have appt at 11:30. Will eat lunch earlier. Need to have food with my med.
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitment - I won’t eat again until after 5 pm. Can still have my dose of metamusal. No more cheese today.
  • clicketykeys
    edited September 2023
    Options
    JFT Saturday - no treats after dinner!
    1. YMCA - Bodypump, cycle, Duo, read library book, zumba.
    2. Find time sheet and write up member conversations.
    3. Write outline for new-school video.
    4. Shower and nap! Check in w EWOC; what to do about competing organizations??
    5. GRADE JOURNALS. Enter in physical gradebook. Plan out union meetings for next week.
    6. Check in with union members. How did we develop "an army of subs" before???
    7. Library book. Update union website.
    8. Evening: Bike ride? Maybe a movie. Dinner: Sushi. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    9. Bedtime: Gratitude journal. Update IG. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Update JFT.
    10. Upcoming: Set up digital portfolio. Get elastic for shoes & take to shoe repair. Discuss Clois & Stuffy. Check in w parents regularly. Get stamps! Need to return the Dolly wig. Need to script and shoot videos. Need to write blog posts.. Need to shoot my back-to-school video, now that we're almost a quarter of the way through the entire school year - YIKES! Next video will be "how to plagiarize" and will actually be something of a rant.

Scale goals
    Today: 200.2

Long-term goals/progress

1. Professional / read current research. 2. Professional / present at conferences. 3. Professional / publish scholarly articles. 4. Professional / observe student needs and develop supports. 5. Professional / complete a doctorate. 6. Personal / retire comfortably. 7. Personal / renovate house. 8. Community / local progress. 9. Community / time with friends & family. 10. Family concerns. 11. Medical/fitness.

1. Research: Five paragraph essay. How student attitudes affect standardized test results; student surveys.

3. Publishing: Read one journal article weekly; respond in a blog post. Clois for CWG. S&F for YT channel. Goodreads purchase list for McKay’s. Weekly blog series: Weekly Wishes (Monday) and Weekly Wins (Friday).

4. Observed student needs: Changing words between parts of speech (vocabulary/grammar). Synthesizing info from multiple sources, drawing conclusions (RI/W). EFFECTIVE transitions (W). Every day v everyday; any one v anyone (grammar). Sub/obj pronouns & structure (grammar). Poss v pl nouns (grammar). Short nonfic from Lat Amer/Africa/Asia (World Lit).

6. Retirement: Update name on JSSB acct. Check investments. Theater CV. Entertainment experience. Duolingo/Lang8.

8. Local progress: Library. Theater. PC2V. City/county govt. Community kitchen. She Should Run vision statement. Ed assoc. Ugly Christmas sweater. Prison abolition; reduce / re-allocate responsibilities dumped on cops. Push for diversity. Turn left!

9. Friends & extended family: Organize photos. Write postcards. Call weekly! Look for activities to do with friends. Purchase doll with long hair; practice French braid. Dance: tap, salsa, samba. Rhythm nation.

10. Immediate family: Clean room; work toward sleeping in room. Clean up behind desk. Make appointments for hearing, sleep study, vet. Keep track of plans for Disney. Drive white car together; practice solo driving. Work on staying home solo when dark.

11. Medical: YMCA classes. Lift @ lunch. Maintain @ 155 w defined muscle tone. At 194, purple All-Stars. 189, 1pr black 1pr white leggings. 179, 2 Svaha Rachel dresses. 169 suit - Indochino? 159 swing dance lessons. Talk to PCP about feet (cannot do calf raises, pushups, planks, mountain climbers, etc.) Also back and shoulder pain. Why can’t I sleep better? Therapy Wed Jun 21 3P. Dentist April 19 11a. Biometric Th Aug 24 9AM. Annual exam Oct 11 9A check calendar; ask about migraines? Massage Aug 19 6P. Need to RS colonoscopy and check on ADHD testing.

13. Therapy thoughts: Prioritizing is hard. There is so much that feels important. I need to talk to my parents about end-of-life plans (particularly funeral arrangements) and I'm not sure how to go about it. I do somewhat trust that they are capable of deciding when they need assisted living but should probably offer help in finding out what sort of place would be best BEFORE it actually becomes necessary. How are you supposed to feel about students who come once every ten days, presumably so their families don’t lose state benefits? How do I care without it becoming worry?

14. Just for fun: Start sketching dragon on a pile of books, offering one to the armored knight, & banner that reads "Treasure should not be hoarded / It should be shared." Use AI for ideas.

WFTY: Priorities. Debating how much unpaid work I should do for my job over the weekend...
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitment - I won't eat again until tomorrow.
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitment - I won’t eat again until after 11:30 am.
  • jennysweet58
    jennysweet58 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Haven't been posting but have been staying on track! Just got back from a pool workout with hubby that felt really good - might make some turkey chili for food prep...might even pencil some time in to relax!

JFT:
    log food
    stay within calories
    100 oz water
    pool workout CHECK
  • jennysweet58
    Options
    @pridesabtch - what a terrifying situation, I hope everyone involved recovers safely.

@Bex953172 - sounds like a wonderful summer!! Glad to see you back!

• more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitment - After I finish my yogurt, I won't eat again until after 5 pm, unless I feel up to going to an early dinner with FIL. Can still have my dose of metamusal.
  • jennysweet58
    Options
    Just popping in to share the easiest possible recipe! You can hardly call it a recipe, really. I was craving some cauliflower rice mushroom risotto - well more like the idea of one. I had a recipe before that tasted fine - but to create the creaminess it required taking some of the cauliflower /mushroom mixture and making it a puree that you added to the dish. It didn't fool me, ha ha. Other recipes use heavy cream and butter - not for me - or want you to stir and reduce and take a lot of time like real risotto - not for me either, I am too lazy for that! I love Hungry Girl and she had a version that was super easy, but everything was basically boiled in one pot...nah, you gotta at least caramelize the onions right? So here's what I did:

I had picked up some whole portobello mushrooms this morning while food shopping, so I lined a cookie sheet with foil, sprayed with olive oil spray and preheated the oven to 400 degrees. I removed the stems & fins and used a damp paper towel to wipe them down. I put them fin side up on the cookie sheet, gave the tops another spray of olive oil and seasoned with salt & pepper. I baked them for 15 minutes, removed from the oven to turn them over & empty out the liquid, and baked for 5 minutes more. (in retrospect I could have reserved that liquid to add to the "rice" - next time!)

Meanwhile, I took frozen cauliflower rice & frozen chopped broccoli and cooked up 2 cups of each in the microwave. I diced a large onion & cooked it in a big pot with a little olive oil spray until it browned, added 1 tbs of chopped garlic and cooked one minute more. I added the cauliflower & broccoli to the onion along with 1 tsp Italian seasoning, turned off the heat and gave it a good mix along with a little salt & pepper. I divided into 3 portions, put two in the fridge then added a wedge of Laughing Cow cheddar cheese to the third and popped it in the microwave for 2 more mins (it was warm so it didn't take much, but probably making this cold it would need to nuke for maybe 2 minutes first before you add the cheese, then nuke 2 mins more). Gave the mixture a good mix, added 2 tbs of grated peccorino romano cheese, and topped with chopped roasted portobello. Because the LC cheese I had on hand was cheddar, it gave it a kind of mac & cheesy vibe...but I bet the Italian herb & garlic or plain swiss would be great too. But it was SUPER YUM, and very filling. OMG the roasted mushrooms made it! Why do I not roast mushrooms as food prep every week? So darn easy!!

Anyway that is my long-winded tale of creating my own yummy little dish that'll give me 2 more meals during the week, without spending hours doing it! I can easily make this alongside any other more complicated food prep I'm doing. Yay!
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitment - After my strawberries, I won't eat again until tomorrow.
  • clicketykeys
    Options
    JFT Sunday - no treats after dinner!
    1. Park run. Can I do 4 miles??? Duo.
    2. Find time sheet and write up member conversations.
    3. Write outline for new-school video. Script for "how to plagiarize" and/or "the limits of records and memory; why Orwell was wrong." Movie?
    4. Put laundry away. Create image & FB post for Thursday's meeting.
    5. GRADE JOURNALS. Enter in physical gradebook. so. much. grading.
    6. Plan out union meetings for upcoming week. Check in about meeting time for promo image.
    7. Library book. Update union website.
    8. Evening: Update MFP. Duo! Dinner: Sushi. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    10. Upcoming: Set up digital portfolio. Get elastic for shoes & take to shoe repair. Discuss Clois & Stuffy. Check in w parents regularly. Get stamps! Need to return the Dolly wig. Need to script and shoot videos. Need to write blog posts.. Need to shoot my back-to-school video, now that we're almost a quarter of the way through the entire school year - YIKES!

Scale goals
    Today: 198.0

Long-term goals/progress

10. Immediate family: Clean room; work toward sleeping in room. Clean up behind desk. Make appointments for hearing, sleep study, vet. Keep track of plans for Disney. Drive white car together; practice solo driving. Work on staying home solo when dark.

11. Medical: YMCA classes. Lift @ lunch. Maintain @ 155 w defined muscle tone. At 194, purple All-Stars. 189, 1pr black 1pr white leggings. 179, 2 Svaha Rachel dresses. 169 suit - Indochino? 159 swing dance lessons. Talk to PCP about feet (cannot do calf raises, pushups, planks, mountain climbers, etc.) Also back and shoulder pain. Why can’t I sleep better? Therapy Wed Jun 21 3P. Dentist April 19 11a. Biometric Th Aug 24 9AM. Annual exam Oct 11 9A check calendar; ask about migraines? Massage Aug 19 6P. Need to RS colonoscopy and check on ADHD testing.

13. Therapy thoughts: Prioritizing is hard. There is so much that feels important. I need to talk to my parents about end-of-life plans (particularly funeral arrangements) and I'm not sure how to go about it. I do somewhat trust that they are capable of deciding when they need assisted living but should probably offer help in finding out what sort of place would be best BEFORE it actually becomes necessary. How are you supposed to feel about students who come once every ten days, presumably so their families don’t lose state benefits? How do I care without it becoming worry?

WFTY: Priorities. and I got ZERO grading done today! hahahhahaaaa *crying*
    \
  • 3tansunnee
    3tansunnee Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi all,
    I'm on day 3 of FAST800 and I feel weak. Is that normal? Yesterday I might have consumed about 1000 cal, not 800cal because I was so hungry and tired.

I don't think I'm in ketosis yet because I haven't been super strict with carb. So not keto flu.

I have to persevere through this phase to adapt.

What do you guys do in this phase usually?

• more_freggies76
    Options
    @3tansunnee - I’m not familiar with it. Maybe someone will know!

Hour commitment - I won’t eat again until after 12 pm.
  • jennysweet58
    Options
    3tansunnee wrote: »
    Hi all,
    I'm on day 3 of FAST800 and I feel weak. Is that normal? Yesterday I might have consumed about 1000 cal, not 800cal because I was so hungry and tired.

I don't think I'm in ketosis yet because I haven't been super strict with carb. So not keto flu.

I have to persevere through this phase to adapt.

What do you guys do in this phase usually?

Hi - this isn't a support board strictly for one diet plan or the other, it's just to set daily goals...but I actually am doing the Fast800 too - the first couple of days are hard, but by day 3 I was feeling good. Make sure you're drinking plenty of water! I'm not doing it as written necessarily, meaning I'm not trying to get into ketosis - I'm avoiding bread/grains but other than that I'm focusing on eating a ton of vegetables and drinking a TON of water. I'm doing the intermittent fasting so don't eat until 2pm, and that has helped a lot - so once I do start eating, my meals are satisfying. It's been working well for me even without trying to get into keto - so it's motivating without being something I can't sustain or am miserable with. I think if you were feeling especially weak you should absolutely add in the extra 200 calories, and it it persists maybe consider doing the other options from the plan - the 5:2 or 2:5 some other option where it's not 800 calories every day. Good luck!