Options

Replies

• Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    Options
    @ahoy_m8 I like that concise way of putting it. My general goal has been

Su-Th AF
    F-Sa < 2/day

But, I find I break the rule as to amount. And, what is a "drink" anyway? Is a 16oz 8 %ABV double IPA a "drink?" (I think it's technically about two drinks...) It's way to easy for me to get sleazy.

SO, this month anyway, I'm going to drink on one night, which will be my wife's birthday, when we're going out to a very nice restaurant. I'll make a decision about next month at the end of this one, but I'm tempted not to drink again after that until Thanksgiving.
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,284 Member
    Options
    2 - AF
    0 - A
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    Options
    MissMay wrote: »
    Had a glass of bubbles last night with my bday dinner out.

Having a glass of champagne on your birthday without going overboard is more than perfect: it’s exactly where I want to be! 😇
  • forestdweller1
    forestdweller1 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Trish1c wrote: »
    itladyee wrote: »
    Wine is my nemesis....One glass leads to three....
    So my goal for October 2 - October 27 is no wine, 0, zilch, nada

Ohhh boy do I understand that one. I am trying to re-learn that one serving of wine is not one bottle of wine.

@itladyee @Trish1c ...Hellloooo...sitting here with 2 glasses remaining in my last opened bottle of Chianti, trying to convince myself that I need not drink it. So what if it turns to vinegar. The world will continue to spin on it's axis.
    October = 0 A / 3 AF
    Modified my diet at the beginning of this month, and have lost 2 pounds...thank goodness that "water weight" exists to give a boost to diet beginners. 🦄🌈 LOL !!

Cardio visit was very encouraging. Plans in place to bring back my former life. Get my *kitten* together, finally.

3 days down, rest of my life to go...
  • forestdweller1
    forestdweller1 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    @mfowler883 ...wishing you better luck on the next Dueling Tree.

Off topic...have you ever tried St. John's Wort ?? At one point I was at a loss as to how to get my longtime life/business partner out of my life, depressed to the point of considering jumping out of a moving truck...yeah, stupid bad situation. After a few weeks of SJW I was able to mentally step back a few paces and see the situation rationally. Donated the company [MY] truck to charity, took all the formulas that I had developed with me, got a job in a totally different arena, and never looked back. I DID stay on SJW for a few months , just to withstand the barrage of begging, threats, stalking, etc, that came my way daily.
    YMMV
    I see you as someone who likes a challenge and creating your own path, so probably the mushrooms are your best option. Jes' sayin'...
  • xbowhunter
    xbowhunter Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    AF 3
    A 0

Cheers!
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,605 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I wish everyone strong resolve for October. It's a wonderful month to be sober! (Which rhymes with October.) 🍂

Plans for October: Very few days with alcohol. Lose the weight I gained in August/September. Focus on balance in my life. Find joy! :)

My little story about me:

I wish I understood my relationship with alcohol. I was AF for January and half of February ("Dry January"), and then very light alcohol for may months. I dropped some weight. Then, I started increasing days with alcohol into the summer leading up to our move into our new house (first world problems). Then to vacation in August where we had drinks every day. We got our puppy, which has been a lot of work (things are improving rapidly as the puppy now sleeps all night and is mastering house training). I gained back some of the weight I lost. Fun times, but with consequence! 🤔

Why is it so hard to get on track when you come back? It took me at least two more weeks to start to realize that drinking every night was taking its toll. By the middle of September I started working on it for real, and I did the last 7 days AF. But not before going out for dinner, having my favorite cocktail plus a strong beer, which gave me reflux and kept me up all night! 😡

Someday, I'll go on a vacation that doesn't include alcohol, and someday I'll learn you don't have to drink to have a good time and, if I do decide to have a drink, one drink is enough! 😇

I can relate to this more than you know! I find myself creeping into daily drinking again very easily. Last two nights, case in point! It very quickly morphs into anxiety thinking about NOT having a glass of wine tonight! Egads. Need to lock this *kitten* down.
  • Womona
    Options
    We took the boat out of the water yesterday, but were able to get in a nice little sail. Had my last High Noon on the boat, but today didn’t need to pour myself the glass of wine I had with… leftovers. 😔. My weight is creeping up again because I’ve had alcohol every day for almost two weeks. Need to ratchet back.

On a good note, I am keeping the house under control with my new cleaning schedule. I can’t think in a messy house, and it’s so much better for me to have “Tuesdays is bathrooms, Thursday is dusting, etc.”. Also getting through my piles of stuff and getting back into a consistent workout routine.

• Womona
    Options
    @globalhiker your trip sounds amazing! I’d love to visit the Tyrol region!
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,553 Member
    Options
    Accountability October day 3

2A
    1AF

Those numbers are about to CHANGE
  • Michieb125
    Michieb125 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Wednesday greetings:
    I have had early morning commitments this week which always helps with my AF days. Working on my motto of mentally slowing down in October to make better choices overall. Had a rough night with a family situation, but I noticed (later) the urge to grab a glass or two wasn’t there. This definitely isn’t always the case.

October goals:
    AF days: 19-21

AF - 3
    A - 0
  • Michieb125
    Michieb125 Posts: 512 Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    Posting early for tomorrow - make it a great day!

October goals:
    AF days: 19-21

AF - 4
    A - 0