LESS Alcohol ~ OCTOBER 2023 ~ One Day at A Time

Options

Replies

• RockinRobyn672
    RockinRobyn672 Posts: 907 Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    Hi All! Robyn here drinking less for overall health and weight loss. I usually post the next morning. I'm shooting for 16 AF days in October.
    Thu 10/12: I made it three days AF, which was my goal. Tonight is date night, with a couple of planned drinks. Rolling Total: 3 AF Days out of 11
  • RockinRobyn672
    RockinRobyn672 Posts: 907 Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    Michieb125 wrote: »
    I love the conversation today around cravings and how they can pass @Womona, @globalhiker, and @Jthanmyfitnesspal.
    I’m going to spend time letting that in today as it’s really powerful. I know how easily I can cave without being thoughtful and intentional in a decision to have a glass or just one more. Always learning here, thanks!
    @Michieb125, @Womona , @globalhiker, and @Jthanmyfitnesspal - Thanks for the cravings insights. I agree with Michieb125 that I'm always learning here. This is also helpful for other cravings, like food. I have the worst time with an energy lull and food cravings at around 3-4 pm every day. For a few days now, I've been finding things to do to get past it but it has been hard. Also, if I can only remember to drink a couple glasses of water, I know that helps.
    @Michieb125 Wishing you a very happy birthday week!
    @MissMay - Hope you have a marvelous time in Vegas. We were there recently for the first time; flew into Vegas for a trip to the Grand Canyon. DH and I hiked to the Indian Gardens and back up in a day. It took about 8 hours. I was sore for a week after! Las Vegas was fun. We lost $25 in about 3 minutes, then spent the day hopping on/off the bus to check out the strip. We spent some time at Red Rock Canyon, which was spectacular.
    Tomorrow is a new day and I re-focus on my own continuous self-improvement and commitment to out-smart myself :)
    @globalhiker - Yes, yes, and yes! I re-focus continuously. I refuse to give up on myself.
  • zensome
    zensome Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    8 AF
    4 A

Staying on track so far...
  • Michieb125
    Michieb125 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I had a bit of a struggle sticking to my AF days this week.

However, last night I followed through and chose no wine. We had the grandkids spend the night and have plans to go to a pumpkin patch this weekend!

October goals:
    AF days: 19-21

AF - 7
    A - 5
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    9 AF
    6 A
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    mfowler883 wrote: »
    Chilling with another Guinness while I listen to Are You Experienced on vinyl and get some things organized for tomorrow - weather is finally nice so me and my buddy are gonna go hit the range.

That sounds like fun. I'm setting up a vinyl and 78rpm listening room. I just inherited a huge trove of 78s from my mother! Most are in very good condition because they're opera (not my favorite and apparently, not anyone else's since they are in such good condition!) I also have a bunch of other records and, now that my family knows I'm interested in them, more are pouring in. I'll soon have way too many!

As for the Guinness: I love beer, but my minimum seems to be two. If I could keep to one, I'd be fine with it.

I'm trying to find ways to relax with other beverages. For some reason, I've settled on Nuun, which is a sports drink. Maybe because I often exercise right after work. I've also been experimenting with "8/16 IF," which us oldies call "skipping breakfast, no snacks after dinner."

I've managed to keep October sober. Next Saturday night is my wife's birthday party, and I plan to celebrate with 1-2 drinks of some sort.

14AF
    0A 🎃
  • Michieb125
    Options
    DH and I decided to cook in last night since we have a big trip coming up later in the month and will dine out daily. However, the filets and scallops were delicious. My DD also dropped off gifts and a small apple cobbler for dessert (my fav). Opened a nice bottle of white wine from Sonoma.

Thanks for the birthday wishes, another year around the sun is officially in the books!

Today is back on track with ALL the things. AF until Thursday or Friday.

October goals:

AF - 7
    A - 7
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    Options
    @MissMay : Great picture, thanks for sharing! LV is dedicated to FUN, and mart people realize that drinking too much really isn't fun. Wishing you the best time ever!
  • Michieb125
    Options
    Having some dental work done in the morning so checking in tonight…can’t believe we’re half way through October!
    Had a Stella NA 0.0 while enjoying temps in the low 80’s today.
    October goals:
    AF - 8
    A - 7