LESS Alcohol ~ OCTOBER 2023 ~ One Day at A Time

Options

Replies

• globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    @MissMay, your photo shows a perfect blue sky and clean air and you both look very happy, hope you enjoy your travels! I'm not a Vegas person, in fact, as soon as I get there I want to drive out to Utah parks, but nonetheless, Vegas lights at night were always impressive. I did have some delicious asian food there. There are some really great singers in the karaoke bars. And Bellagio fountains are pretty cool too.
  • mfowler883
    mfowler883 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    @jthanmyfitnesspal that sounds so cool - I don't listen to a lot of opera, but some is good in small doses, depending upon my mood. And to have a trove pouring in can't be a bad thing! Look at it this way, you can pick through the hoard and pass along the unwanted.

@MissMay check y'all out! You are having too much fun, I'm a little envious! Sorry you got sick along the way. Vegas itself is not my favorite place, but it's a perfect hub for visiting a thousand cool places. A second trip to Death Valley is high on my list, personally.

@melaniecheeks welcome to the party, I figure most of us are here for more or less the same reasons. It can be rough, but it can be done.

Planned wine and Dark Wave tonight while cleaning the rifles - took the heavy barrel AR and the Bergara 6.5 Creedmoor today, started at 50yd to check zero, then reached out to 100yd with the AR and 200 with the 6.5; kept my groups pretty decent considering we were shooting in some absurdly heavy winds. It's a little irritating, 8 months out of the year it's to hot to go outside, then when it cools off it's either too windy or too rainy to enjoy it. NGL, I'm kinda over Texas.

8 AF, 7 A

I have two bottles of Guinness left in the fridge, not sure if or when I'll drink them.

-m
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,284 Member
    Options
    11 AF
    6 A
  • xbowhunter
    xbowhunter Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    14 AF
    3 A

:)
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    Options
    mfowler883 wrote: »
    I have two bottles of Guinness left in the fridge, not sure if or when I'll drink them.
    -m

I have a couple of cans of high-end microbrew hanging around in the fridge, too. I've been OK with it so far.
  • RockinRobyn672
    RockinRobyn672 Posts: 907 Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    Hi All! I'm shooting for 16 AF days in October and 3A days max weekly (the exception being the first week in October :blush: )
    Sun 10/15: Drinks (2)
    Mon 10/16: AF
    Tue 10/17: Drinks (1)

Rolling Total: 5 AF Days out of 16
  • xbowhunter
    xbowhunter Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    16 AF
    3 A

• tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,284 Member
    Options
    12 AF
    6 A
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,605 Member
    Options
    I've also been experimenting with "8/16 IF," which us oldies call "skipping breakfast, no snacks after dinner."

Ok that is hilarious, and absolutely true!!!!!! This oldie appreciates your humor!
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,605 Member
    Options
    A new week begins and getting outside and focusing on making the world a better place is a much more fun and meaningful thing to do than wasting my time thinking about drinking.

This. Is. Brilliant!!!!!! Love this so much.
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    Options
    10/16 - AF
    10/17- 2 small bottles LaMarca prosecco (BUT combined they equal 5 servings -OOPS - they were really discounted, I bought 2, had one with lunch and the other was meant for "another day" but the temptation in the house made me pop it open 5 hours later at dinner time. 510 calories it cost me as well. REGRET! Note to self: This is the reason my weight loss is stalling. You're blocking you're own progress.
    10/18 - AF

At least your next day was AF. Yesterday is history! (...tomorrow is a mystery, and today is a gift called the present. - Bill Keane)

I've had the exact experience with 16oz double IPAs. They go down so easy and they pack a punch. They are usually close to 300kcals each. 😮 In the past month, I went to a party where I consumed two of them over several hours. Yum! 🤤 🥴