๐Ÿ…ฆ๐Ÿ…”๐Ÿ…”๐Ÿ…š 3

๐๐š๐ฆ๐ž: Cat
    ๐ƒ๐š๐ญ๐ž: 10/15/23
    ๐’๐ญ๐š๐ซ๐ญ ๐ฐ๐ž๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ: 145
    ๐‚๐ฎ๐ซ๐ซ๐ž๐ง๐ญ ๐–๐ž๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ: 139.9
    ๐Ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐–๐ž๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ ๐‹๐จ๐ฌ๐ฌ: 5.1
    ๐–๐ก๐š๐ญ ๐ˆ ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฌ๐ญ THIS ๐ฐ๐ž๐ž๐ค: 2 pounds
    ๐‚๐จ๐ฆ๐ฆ๐ž๐ง๐ญ๐ฌ: officially in the 130โ€™s ๐Ÿฅณ๐Ÿฅณ
    ๐€ ๐ฉ๐จ๐ฌ๐ข๐ญ๐ข๐ฏ๐ž ๐Ÿ๐ซ๐จ๐ฆ ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ฌ ๐ฐ๐ž๐ž๐ค: this week was different for me, I ate under my calorie goal for the whole week and I saw some great results on the scale. I also didnโ€™t have cheat meal or day, I was struggling yesterday (caught myself wanting to eat a bunch of baked goods my sister made) but I didnโ€™t cave and Iโ€™m so proud of myself! I wonโ€™t be eating too much under my calorie goal though because I noticed Iโ€™m not getting enough energy in the gym and I feel weak. So Iโ€™ll be going up to 1700 like before. I want to take it slow, and keep my muscles!!
  • ggerics
    ggerics Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I just found this string, and at a very opportune moment in my journey. Like some of you, I started back after getting some distressing news on my triglycerides, cholesterol, and A1C. I have for many years been pre-diabetic, and I historically consume a lot of alcohol. But whenever I've gotten poor blood results, I start back working out and dieting. This time, I hadn't been to a DR. since before Covid. My blood workup was so bad, I literally was in danger of stroking out. My triglycerides were over 580! Needless to say, I started back working out and dieting. I had been dining out every day, and drinking. I had a nasty gout flareup and wasn't able to wear a shoe, or work out, so I just enjoyed my life eating and drinking

Since August 23, I have religiously worked out, and dieted. I have cut out red meat (for now) and eat a vegetarian diet 3 days/week. The other 4, I have chicken or fish, and lots of veggies, salad, etc. Remarkably, I dropped 30 lbs in less than 2 months. And that is the problem. I continue to expect huge losses, and it's just not possible. I was losing at least a pound/week because I gave up alcohol. The balance was a calorie deficit from working out and diet.

But I've hit my second plateau. I continue to use the treadmill daily, and I push. I get my heart rate up by raising the incline, and I work. I also began weight lifting again. Now, I know part of my plateau is that I am building muscle mass at the same time I am dieting. I have increased my protein intake, and I do adjust my target caloric intake for the amount of working out I do

I do hope the plateau breaks soon, it's been 5 days that I have actually put on a lb or two over my low. It is frustrating, so I am glad to be able to share with you all. I know I need to keep working--in fact, I did a second treadmill workout just a few mins ago.

To all, I hope you keep on working. I do hope we do all benefit from sharing. And thank you for listening--and happy to get any feedback on how to break this plateau.
  • AnaKam
    AnaKam Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I just found this string, and at a very opportune moment in my journey. Like some of you, I started back after getting some distressing news on my triglycerides, cholesterol, and A1C. I have for many years been pre-diabetic, and I historically consume a lot of alcohol. But whenever I've gotten poor blood results, I start back working out and dieting. This time, I hadn't been to a DR. since before Covid. My blood workup was so bad, I literally was in danger of stroking out. My triglycerides were over 580! Needless to say, I started back working out and dieting. I had been dining out every day, and drinking. I had a nasty gout flareup and wasn't able to wear a shoe, or work out, so I just enjoyed my life eating and drinking

Since August 23, I have religiously worked out, and dieted. I have cut out red meat (for now) and eat a vegetarian diet 3 days/week. The other 4, I have chicken or fish, and lots of veggies, salad, etc. Remarkably, I dropped 30 lbs in less than 2 months. And that is the problem. I continue to expect huge losses, and it's just not possible. I was losing at least a pound/week because I gave up alcohol. The balance was a calorie deficit from working out and diet.

But I've hit my second plateau. I continue to use the treadmill daily, and I push. I get my heart rate up by raising the incline, and I work. I also began weight lifting again. Now, I know part of my plateau is that I am building muscle mass at the same time I am dieting. I have increased my protein intake, and I do adjust my target caloric intake for the amount of working out I do

I do hope the plateau breaks soon, it's been 5 days that I have actually put on a lb or two over my low. It is frustrating, so I am glad to be able to share with you all. I know I need to keep working--in fact, I did a second treadmill workout just a few mins ago.

To all, I hope you keep on working. I do hope we do all benefit from sharing. And thank you for listening--and happy to get any feedback on how to break this plateau.

Like I said to my sister, the changes happening on the inside of your body are more important than the visual changes your eyes see on the outside. When you DO go back to the dr. and get labs done- compare those results to the previous ones and let those good or better numbers be your inspiration to keep the faith. I too, hope this forum of sharing helps this time around. Iโ€™ve succeeded a few times in the past but Iโ€™m tired of falling off the health/nutrition/fitness wagon and want this to be my last time starting over from a big gain. Iโ€™m 65, and want to go into the last quarter of my life in the best physical condition, and STAY there! This needs to be a lifetime commitment to my SELF, FOR my SELF! Letโ€™s all do this!! ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿฝ
    Good luck to us all on our journey! ๐Ÿ€
  • Valveta
    Valveta Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    @ggerics - Thank you for sharing. It gives me some insight on some of the challenges I will be up against. It sounds like you're on the right track. Like you mentioned, it could be muscle gain or you could be retaining water. The scale can't
    recognize between muscle weight and fat weight. Therefore, the exact number on the scale isn't important. Its just a way to measure your progress. Do you use other forms of measuring your progress? I find it encouraging to take measurements and pictures too. You should be proud. 30 lbs. is great progress. Keep strong. ๐Ÿ’ชYou are capable!
  • Cathy_54321
    Cathy_54321 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Name: Cathy
    Date:17/10/23 - week 4
    Start weight: 247.7
    Current weight: 242.3
    Overall weight loss:5.4
    What I lost this week:2.7
    Comments: Out of town and ate less but wasn't at all hungry. Felt I just ate normally and no binges. All is well.
  • AnaKam
    Options
    WEEK 2:
    ๐๐š๐ฆ๐ž: Ana Kamrath
    ๐ƒ๐š๐ญ๐ž: Oct. 13, 2023
    ๐’๐ญ๐š๐ซ๐ญ ๐ฐ๐ž๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ: 170.0 lbs
    ๐‚๐ฎ๐ซ๐ซ๐ž๐ง๐ญ ๐–๐ž๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ: 168.1lbs
    ๐Ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐–๐ž๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ ๐‹๐จ๐ฌ๐ฌ: 1.9 lbs
    ๐–๐ก๐š๐ญ ๐ˆ ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฌ๐ญ THIS ๐ฐ๐ž๐ž๐ค: 1.9 lbs
    ๐‚๐จ๐ฆ๐ฆ๐ž๐ง๐ญ๐ฌ:
    A few days after having started I had to readjust my goals on the app for total calorie intake for weight loss. Itโ€™s been awhile since I used the app. This is good practice getting back in the habit.

๐€ ๐ฉ๐จ๐ฌ๐ข๐ญ๐ข๐ฏ๐ž ๐Ÿ๐ซ๐จ๐ฆ ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ฌ ๐ฐ๐ž๐ž๐ค: Logged meals every single day even if goals were a little off.
  • Cats_fitness_journey
    Options
    ๐Ÿ…ฆ๐Ÿ…”๐Ÿ…”๐Ÿ…š 4

๐ƒ๐š๐ญ๐ž: 10/22/23
    ๐‚๐ฎ๐ซ๐ซ๐ž๐ง๐ญ ๐–๐ž๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ: 140
    ๐Ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐–๐ž๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ ๐‹๐จ๐ฌ๐ฌ: 5
    ๐–๐ก๐š๐ญ ๐ˆ ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฌ๐ญ THIS ๐ฐ๐ž๐ž๐ค: gained .1 pounds
    ๐‚๐จ๐ฆ๐ฆ๐ž๐ง๐ญ๐ฌ: kinda disappointed
    ๐€ ๐ฉ๐จ๐ฌ๐ข๐ญ๐ข๐ฏ๐ž ๐Ÿ๐ซ๐จ๐ฆ ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ฌ ๐ฐ๐ž๐ž๐ค: I worked out more, but I havenโ€™t been eating much fiber so I havenโ€™t used the toilet much this week, maybe thatโ€™s why Iโ€™m not seeing results. This week I will try and incorporate more fiber into my diet, and stick to the deficit per usual! Iโ€™ll update next week!!
  • Fitforevermore
    Fitforevermore Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    ๐๐š๐ฆ๐ž: J
    ๐ƒ๐š๐ญ๐ž: 22/10/23
    ๐’๐ญ๐š๐ซ๐ญ ๐ฐ๐ž๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ: 203 lbs
    ๐‚๐ฎ๐ซ๐ซ๐ž๐ง๐ญ ๐–๐ž๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ: 181.4 lbs
    ๐Ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐–๐ž๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ ๐‹๐จ๐ฌ๐ฌ: 22lbs
    ๐–๐ก๐š๐ญ ๐ˆ ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฌ๐ญ THIS ๐ฐ๐ž๐ž๐ค: 1.2lbs week 7
    ๐‚๐จ๐ฆ๐ฆ๐ž๐ง๐ญ๐ฌ: harder going this week, and a few T minute many sweets this weekend.
    ๐€ ๐ฉ๐จ๐ฌ๐ข๐ญ๐ข๐ฏ๐ž ๐Ÿ๐ซ๐จ๐ฆ ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ฌ ๐ฐ๐ž๐ž๐ค: fibre the highest ever, I'm trying to get to over 20g a day but struggle a lot. 136g this week.
  • evankarl823
    evankarl823 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello, I would like to join this post ๐Ÿ˜Š
  • Cathy_54321
    Cathy_54321 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Name: Cathy
    Date: Oct/22/23 - week 5
    Start weight: 247.7
    Current weight: 246.0
    Overall weight loss:1.7
    What I lost this week: +3.7
    Comments: Oopsie - going the wrong way. Glad I'm catching myself now. No excuses.
  • evankarl823
    evankarl823 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I will be starting on Tuesday but I deciding to weigh every Friday week just to give myself time for body to adjust to new way of eating.

NAME:Karlo
    DATE START:23/10/23
    START WEIGHT:300lbs
    CURRENT WEIGHT:303lbs
    OVERALL LOST:4lbs

WHAT I LOST THIS WEEK:0lbs

Honestly my calories are all over the place & has not been consistent for like 3 weeks so not surprise I have not loss anything!, Iโ€™m nearly to a point weโ€™re I have not lost for this long & losing progress or just losing interest to try.

COMMENTS:

I will/be back to exercising again this which is important for me mentally & emotionally.

A POSITIVE FOR THIS WEEK:

Joining this post to get my inspiration back. Feeling like this is a completely new start.
  • Valveta
    Options
    Week: 2
    ๐๐š๐ฆ๐ž: Valveta
    ๐ƒ๐š๐ญ๐ž: ๐Ÿ10/16/23 ๐ŸŽƒ
    ๐’๐ญ๐š๐ซ๐ญ ๐ฐ๐ž๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ: 180 lbs.(August 28, 2023)
    ๐‚๐ฎ๐ซ๐ซ๐ž๐ง๐ญ ๐–๐ž๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ: 165 lbs.
    ๐Ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐–๐ž๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ ๐‹๐จ๐ฌ๐ฌ: ๐Ÿ“‰15 lbs.
    ๐–๐ก๐š๐ญ ๐ˆ ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฌ๐ญ THIS ๐ฐ๐ž๐ž๐ค: 1 lbs.
    ๐€ ๐ฉ๐จ๐ฌ๐ข๐ญ๐ข๐ฏ๐ž ๐Ÿ๐ซ๐จ๐ฆ ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ฌ ๐ฐ๐ž๐ž๐ค: I've gained a better restraint toward food and I eat impulsively less often.
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    Week 0 for me if you donโ€™t mind a late joinerโ€ฆ
    Name: Nikki
    Date: 10/23/23
    Starting weight: 200
    Current weight: 186.4
    Overall loss: 13.6
  • AnaKam
    Options
    WEEK 3:

๐๐š๐ฆ๐ž: Ana Kamrath
    ๐ƒ๐š๐ญ๐ž: Oct. 27, 2023
    ๐’๐ญ๐š๐ซ๐ญ ๐ฐ๐ž๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ: 170.0 lbs
    ๐‚๐ฎ๐ซ๐ซ๐ž๐ง๐ญ ๐–๐ž๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ: 166.3
    ๐Ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐–๐ž๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ ๐‹๐จ๐ฌ๐ฌ: 3.7 lbs
    ๐–๐ก๐š๐ญ ๐ˆ ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฌ๐ญ THIS ๐ฐ๐ž๐ž๐ค: 1.8 lbs
    ๐‚๐จ๐ฆ๐ฆ๐ž๐ง๐ญ๐ฌ:
    Went to a football game last Sun and gave myself permission to โ€˜splurgeโ€™. This app, as well as being consistent with it, is once again proving how beneficial it can be as a tool needed to keep myself motivated & this forum to keep myself accountable.

๐€ ๐ฉ๐จ๐ฌ๐ข๐ญ๐ข๐ฏ๐ž ๐Ÿ๐ซ๐จ๐ฆ ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ฌ ๐ฐ๐ž๐ž๐ค: Even with a fun event and planned splurge for said event, I still managed to lose! YAY ME! ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿฝ
  • Fitforevermore
    Fitforevermore Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    ๐๐š๐ฆ๐ž: J
    ๐ƒ๐š๐ญ๐ž: 28/10/23
    ๐’๐ญ๐š๐ซ๐ญ ๐ฐ๐ž๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ: 203 lbs
    ๐‚๐ฎ๐ซ๐ซ๐ž๐ง๐ญ ๐–๐ž๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ: 179.6 lbs
    ๐Ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐–๐ž๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ ๐‹๐จ๐ฌ๐ฌ: 23.4lbs
    ๐–๐ก๐š๐ญ ๐ˆ ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฌ๐ญ THIS ๐ฐ๐ž๐ž๐ค: 1.6lbs week 8
    ๐‚๐จ๐ฆ๐ฆ๐ž๐ง๐ญ๐ฌ: maybe a post menstual woosh this week, seemed to go better despite not doing much different
    ๐€ ๐ฉ๐จ๐ฌ๐ข๐ญ๐ข๐ฏ๐ž ๐Ÿ๐ซ๐จ๐ฆ ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ฌ ๐ฐ๐ž๐ž๐ค: cracked into the 170s :) less than 20lbs to a healthy weight now.
  • Cats_fitness_journey
    Options
    ๐Ÿ…ฆ๐Ÿ…”๐Ÿ…”๐Ÿ…š 5

๐ƒ๐š๐ญ๐ž: 10/29/23
    ๐‚๐ฎ๐ซ๐ซ๐ž๐ง๐ญ ๐–๐ž๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ: 136.9
    ๐Ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐–๐ž๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ ๐‹๐จ๐ฌ๐ฌ: 8.1
    ๐–๐ก๐š๐ญ ๐ˆ ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฌ๐ญ THIS ๐ฐ๐ž๐ž๐ค: 3.1 pounds
    ๐‚๐จ๐ฆ๐ฆ๐ž๐ง๐ญ๐ฌ: Woohoo!!
    ๐€ ๐ฉ๐จ๐ฌ๐ข๐ญ๐ข๐ฏ๐ž ๐Ÿ๐ซ๐จ๐ฆ ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ฌ ๐ฐ๐ž๐ž๐ค: last week I didnโ€™t lose any weight bc I was constipated ๐Ÿ˜… but I ate more fiber and more fruits this week so it helped my system. Hopefully I hit the 10 pound mark within the next 2 weeks, canโ€™t wait for next weekโ€™s update!
  • Valveta
    Options
    Week: 3
    ๐๐š๐ฆ๐ž: Valveta
    ๐ƒ๐š๐ญ๐ž: ๐Ÿ10/28/23 ๐ŸŽƒ
    ๐’๐ญ๐š๐ซ๐ญ ๐ฐ๐ž๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ: 180 lbs.(August 28, 2023)
    ๐‚๐ฎ๐ซ๐ซ๐ž๐ง๐ญ ๐–๐ž๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ: 162 lbs.
    ๐Ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐–๐ž๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ ๐‹๐จ๐ฌ๐ฌ: ๐Ÿ“‰18 lbs.
    ๐–๐ก๐š๐ญ ๐ˆ ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฌ๐ญ THIS ๐ฐ๐ž๐ž๐ค: 3 lbs.