Fun Weight Loss Chain

Options
cheryls1mx3
cheryls1mx3 Posts: 97 Member
edited September 2023 in Health and Weight Loss
Hey folks, I remember a while back, we had this awesome thread where we shared our weekly progress to keep each other motivated and accountable. Well, I'm here to kickstart it again! ๐Ÿš€

I wear many hats โ€“ I'm a personal trainer, a nutrition expert, a single parent, and just a regular human. Yep, even us PTs can struggle with our weight sometimes. I hit the 100kg mark! ๐Ÿ˜… I kind of lost my way because I didn't like the extra attention you get when fit, but now I'm ready to get back on track.

Here are the simple rules:
1. Post your weekly updates on a day of your choice. I prefer Fridays because it sets a positive tone for my weekend (and maybe if I do well I get a little treat like a bottle of wine ๐Ÿท).
2. Be kind to each other.
3. Let's motivate and support one another by sharing what's been working for us.

Feel free to use this template each week and let's embark on this journey together! ๐Ÿ’ช

๐Ÿ…ฆ๐Ÿ…”๐Ÿ…”๐Ÿ…š 1

๐๐š๐ฆ๐ž: Cheryl Sim
๐ƒ๐š๐ญ๐ž: 12/9/23
๐’๐ญ๐š๐ซ๐ญ ๐ฐ๐ž๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ: 225.6 lbs
๐‚๐ฎ๐ซ๐ซ๐ž๐ง๐ญ ๐–๐ž๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ: 225. 6 lbs
๐Ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐–๐ž๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ ๐‹๐จ๐ฌ๐ฌ: 0lbs
๐–๐ก๐š๐ญ ๐ˆ ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฌ๐ญ THIS ๐ฐ๐ž๐ž๐ค: 0lbs because week 1
๐‚๐จ๐ฆ๐ฆ๐ž๐ง๐ญ๐ฌ: Going for 1 to 2 lbs this week going to nuckle down this time round and get this bod in shape ๐Ÿ’œ
๐€ ๐ฉ๐จ๐ฌ๐ข๐ญ๐ข๐ฏ๐ž ๐Ÿ๐ซ๐จ๐ฆ ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ฌ ๐ฐ๐ž๐ž๐ค: Mention here what worked for you and anything you have achieved
ยซ13456

Replies

• cheryls1mx3
    edited September 2023
    Options
    I'll kick-start the chain and I'll repost here every Friday a an update. My stats this week ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ

๐Ÿ…ฆ๐Ÿ…”๐Ÿ…”๐Ÿ…š 1
    ๐‚๐ฎ๐ซ๐ซ๐ž๐ง๐ญ ๐–๐ž๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ: 225. 6 lbs
    ๐–๐ก๐š๐ญ ๐ˆ ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฌ๐ญ THIS ๐ฐ๐ž๐ž๐ค: 0lbs because week 1
    ๐‚๐จ๐ฆ๐ฆ๐ž๐ง๐ญ๐ฌ: Going for 1 to 2 lbs this week going to nuckle down this time round and get this bod in shape ๐Ÿ’œ might struggle meet my protien goal but I will go for it.
    ๐€ ๐ฉ๐จ๐ฌ๐ข๐ญ๐ข๐ฏ๐ž ๐Ÿ๐ซ๐จ๐ฆ ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ฌ ๐ฐ๐ž๐ž๐ค: I signed up to the gym this week I start back tomorrow and Thursday every week, I am going to meal prep my food for the week tonight so I can mix and match
  • cheryls1mx3
    Options
    ๐Ÿ’œ
  • cheryls1mx3
    Options
    ๐๐š๐ฆ๐ž: Linda M
    ๐’๐ญ๐š๐ซ๐ญ ๐ฐ๐ž๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ: 260 lbs
    ๐‚๐ฎ๐ซ๐ซ๐ž๐ง๐ญ ๐–๐ž๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ: 214.8 lbs
    ๐Ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐–๐ž๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ ๐‹๐จ๐ฌ๐ฌ: 45.2lbs
    ๐‚๐จ๐ฆ๐ฆ๐ž๐ง๐ญ๐ฌ: Although I have been losing weight lately, I have also been recently diagnosed as pre-diabetic, so want to keep the downward momentum going.
    ๐€ ๐ฉ๐จ๐ฌ๐ข๐ญ๐ข๐ฏ๐ž ๐Ÿ๐ซ๐จ๐ฆ ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ฌ ๐ฐ๐ž๐ž๐ค: I will post on Friday with an update. Positive is that I have logged my food two days this week and exercised two days.

Hey Linda! ๐ŸŒŸ Welcome to the thread, and big kudos to you for diving into this journey! ๐Ÿ™Œ Here's some friendly advice:

1. **You're Already Rocking It:** Logging your food and getting active for two days is awesome! Keep celebrating these victories, no matter how small they might seem.

2. **Consistency is Your Buddy:** Try to stick to your food logging and exercise routine regularly like you already are. Consistency makes a massive difference.

3. **Mix it Up:** Keep your workouts exciting and enjoyable. Try different activities to prevent boredom and keep that motivation high.

4. **Snack Smart:** If you ever need a snack, reach for something healthy like nuts, fruits, or veggies. They can help with those cravings.

5. **Stay Hydrated:** Water is your best friend. Sip it throughout the day to help control hunger and stay energized.

6. **Share and Care:** Continue to post updates here every week. We're here to cheer you on and offer support whenever you need it.

Keep rocking it, Linda! ๐Ÿš€ Your progress is fantastic so far, and you'll have a whole squad here soon to back you up! ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿ˜„
  • grmabea63
    grmabea63 Posts: 33 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    Week 1
    Name: GramBea
    Date: 09/13/23

Starting Weight: 176.5 lbs. (186 lbs. on 02/11/22)
    Current Weight: 176.5 lbs.
    Overall Weight Loss: 0lbs
    What I Lost This Week: My Mind, My Self-Esteem and Self-Control
    Comments: My goals for this week - Just starting with some simple meal planning, tracking this week and moving my *kitten* a little bit more.

A Positive From This Week:
    I decided to start again ๐ŸŒป

• cheryls1mx3
    Options
    Week 1
    Date: 09/13/23

Current Weight: 176.5 lbs.
    Overall Weight Loss: 0lbs
    What I Lost This Week: My Mind, My Self-Esteem and Self-Control
    Comments: My goals for this week - Just starting with some simple meal planning, tracking this week and moving my *kitten* a little bit more.

I decided to start again ๐ŸŒป

Hey GramBea! ๐ŸŒป

I'm thrilled to see you back on track and ready to kickstart your journey again! ๐Ÿ˜„ Remember, setbacks are just part of the game, and you're not alone in feeling that way sometimes. ๐Ÿค—

The fact that you've decided to start again is a HUGE win! ๐ŸŽ‰ When it comes to meal planning, start small and build up. Try prepping some healthy meals in advance to make things easier. And moving a little more is a great goal! Even a short walk can do wonders for your mood and energy.

Self-esteem and self-control can be tough, but you've got this! ๐Ÿ™Œ One step at a time, one day at a time. Don't forget, I'm here to provide evidence-based advice whenever you need it. ๐Ÿ’ช Keep that positive attitude going, and you'll make progress, no doubt! ๐ŸŒŸ๐Ÿ’ซ

Feel free to reach out if you need any tips or have questions. We're all in this together! ๐Ÿฅณ๐Ÿ‘
  • grmabea63
    Options
    @cheryls1mx3 Thank you for the encouragement <3 . I must clarify my post though LOL. It looks as if MFP didn't like the way I typed a word describing my rear end. In it's place, they substituted something that could be construed as way more offensive ;) My "kitten " is my own private affair B)
  • cheryls1mx3
    edited September 2023
    Options
    @cheryls1mx3 Thank you for the encouragement <3 . I must clarify my post though LOL. It looks as if MFP didn't like the way I typed a word describing my rear end. In it's place, they substituted something that could be construed as way more offensive ;) My "kitten " is my own private affair B)

Ahaha brilliant, auto-correct could get you the jail at times lol x
  • whoiscaprisun98
    Options
    ๐๐š๐ฆ๐ž: Irene
    ๐ƒ๐š๐ญ๐ž: 09/14/23
    ๐’๐ญ๐š๐ซ๐ญ ๐ฐ๐ž๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ: 316 ( march 16,2023)
    ๐‚๐ฎ๐ซ๐ซ๐ž๐ง๐ญ ๐–๐ž๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ: 290.8
    ๐Ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐–๐ž๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ ๐‹๐จ๐ฌ๐ฌ: 25.6lbs
    ๐–๐ก๐š๐ญ ๐ˆ ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฌ๐ญ THIS ๐ฐ๐ž๐ž๐ค: 3 pounds
    ๐‚๐จ๐ฆ๐ฆ๐ž๐ง๐ญ๐ฌ: Although I have been losing weight lately, I havenโ€™t been feeling the best. I feel like I havenโ€™t made any progress but there days were Iโ€™m able to tell. Also, Iโ€™ve been wanting to go to the gym but I donโ€™t feel motivated enough.
    ๐€ ๐ฉ๐จ๐ฌ๐ข๐ญ๐ข๐ฏ๐ž ๐Ÿ๐ซ๐จ๐ฆ ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ฌ ๐ฐ๐ž๐ž๐ค: Even though I feel like this Iโ€™ve been able to keep logging my food.
  • lisamadina
    lisamadina Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Eh there hereโ€™s mine!!
    ๐๐š๐ฆ๐ž: Lisa
    ๐ƒ๐š๐ญ๐ž: 14/9/23
    ๐’๐ญ๐š๐ซ๐ญ ๐ฐ๐ž๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ: 225 lbs
    ๐‚๐ฎ๐ซ๐ซ๐ž๐ง๐ญ ๐–๐ž๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ: 225 lbs
    ๐‚๐จ๐ฆ๐ฆ๐ž๐ง๐ญ๐ฌ: going to try and track all week and give this first week a honest try..feels like the millionth time doing this
    ๐€ ๐ฉ๐จ๐ฌ๐ข๐ญ๐ข๐ฏ๐ž ๐Ÿ๐ซ๐จ๐ฆ ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ฌ ๐ฐ๐ž๐ž๐ค: I joined this app again!! Fresh start!!
  • cheryls1mx3
    Options
    ๐๐š๐ฆ๐ž: Irene
    ๐ƒ๐š๐ญ๐ž: 09/14/23
    ๐’๐ญ๐š๐ซ๐ญ ๐ฐ๐ž๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ: 316 ( march 16,2023)
    ๐‚๐ฎ๐ซ๐ซ๐ž๐ง๐ญ ๐–๐ž๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ: 290.8
    ๐Ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐–๐ž๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ ๐‹๐จ๐ฌ๐ฌ: 25.6lbs
    ๐–๐ก๐š๐ญ ๐ˆ ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฌ๐ญ THIS ๐ฐ๐ž๐ž๐ค: 3 pounds
    ๐‚๐จ๐ฆ๐ฆ๐ž๐ง๐ญ๐ฌ: Although I have been losing weight lately, I havenโ€™t been feeling the best. I feel like I havenโ€™t made any progress but there days were Iโ€™m able to tell. Also, Iโ€™ve been wanting to go to the gym but I donโ€™t feel motivated enough.
    ๐€ ๐ฉ๐จ๐ฌ๐ข๐ญ๐ข๐ฏ๐ž ๐Ÿ๐ซ๐จ๐ฆ ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ฌ ๐ฐ๐ž๐ž๐ค: Even though I feel like this Iโ€™ve been able to keep logging my food.

Hey Irene,

Thanks for sharing your progress and thoughts! ๐ŸŒŸ Losing over 25 pounds is a fantastic achievement. Remember, progress isn't always just about the numbers on the scale, but also how you feel and the positive habits you're building.

It's completely normal to have days where you doubt your progress, but your dedication to tracking your food is a big win. That shows commitment and self-awareness, which are key to making sustainable changes.

Motivation can ebb and flow, but finding small joys in your fitness journey, like celebrating those days where you can tell you've made progress, can keep you going. Maybe set some short-term goals or find a workout buddy to boost your gym motivation.

You're doing great, Irene! Keep up the good work and stay positive. Every step forward is progress, no matter how small. ๐ŸŒฟ๐Ÿ’ช
  • cheryls1mx3
    Options
    Eh there hereโ€™s mine!!
    ๐๐š๐ฆ๐ž: Lisa
    ๐ƒ๐š๐ญ๐ž: 14/9/23
    ๐’๐ญ๐š๐ซ๐ญ ๐ฐ๐ž๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ: 225 lbs
    ๐‚๐ฎ๐ซ๐ซ๐ž๐ง๐ญ ๐–๐ž๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ: 225 lbs
    ๐‚๐จ๐ฆ๐ฆ๐ž๐ง๐ญ๐ฌ: going to try and track all week and give this first week a honest try..feels like the millionth time doing this
    ๐€ ๐ฉ๐จ๐ฌ๐ข๐ญ๐ข๐ฏ๐ž ๐Ÿ๐ซ๐จ๐ฆ ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ฌ ๐ฐ๐ž๐ž๐ค: I joined this app again!! Fresh start!!

Hey Lisa!

Welcome back to the journey towards a healthier you! ๐ŸŒŸ Starting fresh is a great mindset. Tracking your progress and being honest about it is a powerful tool. It's not about how many times you start; it's about the persistence and determination you show each time.

Consistency is key. Tracking your food and progress will provide you with valuable insights into your habits and help you make evidence-based adjustments. Remember, small, sustainable changes over time can lead to significant results.

Also, reaching out and sharing your journey can be incredibly motivating. Don't hesitate to lean on this community or involve a workout buddy. You've got this, Lisa! Stay focused and believe in your progress. ๐Ÿ’ช๐ŸŒฟ
  • cheryls1mx3
    Options
    ๐Ÿ…ฆ๐Ÿ…”๐Ÿ…”๐Ÿ…š 2

๐ƒ๐š๐ญ๐ž: start=12/9/23 today=15/9/23
    ๐‚๐ฎ๐ซ๐ซ๐ž๐ง๐ญ ๐–๐ž๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ: 221.3 lbs
    ๐Ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐–๐ž๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ ๐‹๐จ๐ฌ๐ฌ: 4.3lbs
    ๐–๐ก๐š๐ญ ๐ˆ ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฌ๐ญ THIS ๐ฐ๐ž๐ž๐ค: 4.3lbs because I decided calorie deficit was plateu, so I interpreted the correct calculation for protein per pound of weight I was.
    ๐‚๐จ๐ฆ๐ฆ๐ž๐ง๐ญ๐ฌ: Definitely was the protein change and keeping the calorie deficit that same.
    ๐€ ๐ฉ๐จ๐ฌ๐ข๐ญ๐ข๐ฏ๐ž ๐Ÿ๐ซ๐จ๐ฆ ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ฌ ๐ฐ๐ž๐ž๐ค: managed only 1 day to his my protein daily goal but had a big win, also went to the gym 2 days even though I didn't finish the sessions as finding my feet at a new gym.
  • mackaylc
    mackaylc Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    ๐๐š๐ฆ๐ž: Linda M
    ๐ƒ๐š๐ญ๐ž: Start - 12/9/23 Today - 19/9/23
    ๐’๐ญ๐š๐ซ๐ญ ๐ฐ๐ž๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ: 260 lbs
    ๐‚๐ฎ๐ซ๐ซ๐ž๐ง๐ญ ๐–๐ž๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ: 211.6 lbs
    ๐Ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐–๐ž๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ ๐‹๐จ๐ฌ๐ฌ: 48.4lbs
    ๐–๐ก๐š๐ญ ๐ˆ ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฌ๐ญ THIS ๐ฐ๐ž๐ž๐ค: 3.2lbs
    ๐‚๐จ๐ฆ๐ฆ๐ž๐ง๐ญ๐ฌ: Although I have been losing weight lately, I have also been recently diagnosed as pre-diabetic, so want to keep the downward momentum going.
    ๐€ ๐ฉ๐จ๐ฌ๐ข๐ญ๐ข๐ฏ๐ž ๐Ÿ๐ซ๐จ๐ฆ ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ฌ ๐ฐ๐ž๐ž๐ค: Logging my food has been really successful and I have done really well limiting my sugar intake.
  • YoureAWalnut
    YoureAWalnut Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    ๐๐š๐ฆ๐ž: Lauren Nicole
    ๐ƒ๐š๐ญ๐ž: 19/9/23
    ๐’๐ญ๐š๐ซ๐ญ ๐ฐ๐ž๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ: 195 lbs
    ๐‚๐ฎ๐ซ๐ซ๐ž๐ง๐ญ ๐–๐ž๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ: 181 lbs
    ๐Ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐–๐ž๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ ๐‹๐จ๐ฌ๐ฌ: 14 lbs (this is since I started in 2019 but I've lost even more but gained more due to pregnancies. Just trying to get back to healthy habits.)
    ๐–๐ก๐š๐ญ ๐ˆ ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฌ๐ญ THIS ๐ฐ๐ž๐ž๐ค: 0lbs
    ๐‚๐จ๐ฆ๐ฆ๐ž๐ง๐ญ๐ฌ: I have had two babies since 2021 and have finally weaned my second. Now that I'm not burning a ridiculous number of calories breastfeeding/being preggo, I'm trying to determine my baseline and start dropping ~2lbs/month to get back down to a healthier weight.
    ๐€ ๐ฉ๐จ๐ฌ๐ข๐ญ๐ข๐ฏ๐ž ๐Ÿ๐ซ๐จ๐ฆ ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ฌ ๐ฐ๐ž๐ž๐ค: This delicious salad I just ate, eat the rainbow!
    tcierr7fxpa5.jpg

I'll update again on Friday!
  • grmabea63
    edited September 2023
    Options
    Week 2
    Date:Start - 09/13/23 Today - 09/21/23

Current Weight: 173.0 lbs.
    Overall Weight Loss: 13 lbs
    What I Lost This Week: 3.5 lbs.
    Comments: I found out my brother-in-law had two severe strokes today. This is going to be a stressful week. So, my goal is just to take a few minutes after I put something on my plate and decide if I really want to eat it. I donโ€™t know how everything will work out; Iโ€™ll try. ๐ŸŒป

I tracked and made my step goal. Sundayโ€™s total mess didnโ€™t hurt me too bad and I learned from it. ๐ŸŒป
  • Flo131LB
    Flo131LB Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I will join in, if I my - Iโ€™m in the uk, so my weights are in stones and pounds !

๐๐š๐ฆ๐ž: Kaz -J
    ๐ƒ๐š๐ญ๐ž: 22/9/23
    ๐’๐ญ๐š๐ซ๐ญ ๐ฐ๐ž๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ: 14 stone 8lbs
    ๐‚๐ฎ๐ซ๐ซ๐ž๐ง๐ญ ๐–๐ž๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ: 12 stone 6 lbs
    ๐Ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐–๐ž๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ ๐‹๐จ๐ฌ๐ฌ: 2 stone 2lbs
    ๐–๐ก๐š๐ญ ๐ˆ ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฌ๐ญ THIS ๐ฐ๐ž๐ž๐ค: 2.5 lbs
    ๐‚๐จ๐ฆ๐ฆ๐ž๐ง๐ญ๐ฌ: I have always counted calories, but I started the fasting plan, last week, where I eat between 11am & 7pm and this has worked well for me, it stops me eating after evening meal and as Iโ€™ve never eaten breakfast, it works, so will carry on doing this plan.
    ๐€ ๐ฉ๐จ๐ฌ๐ข๐ญ๐ข๐ฏ๐ž ๐Ÿ๐ซ๐จ๐ฆ ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ฌ ๐ฐ๐ž๐ž๐ค: keep up with this chat, and keep walking on treadmill, I am up to 3 miles per day now !

This is a Good idea, itโ€™s nice to see, what others loose, or not, so it encourages everyone.