- Side Lateral Raises
    - Shoulder Press (Machine) 3x8
    - Dips - Chest
    - Lying Tricep Press
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,263 Member
    Options
    @AnnPT77

Foot-operated bilge pump. Even better if an engineer can use all the power you're already generating to run it while underway.

• RunningGirlKC
    RunningGirlKC Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Legs/Core (3x10) - med to low weight
    - Single Leg Press
    - Leg Extensions
    - Leg Curl
    - RDL
    - Seated Calf Raise
    - Calf Press on Leg Press Machine
    - Ab Crunch Machine
    - Alt Med Ball Taps
    - Plank Alt Hip Drops
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,089 Member
    Options
    Upper Power

Bench Press 5x5
    Cable Row 5x5
    DB Press <superset> DB Row 5x5
    Seated BB OHP 3x5

Had a revelation overnight when I realized that throughout my powerlifting days, when I didn't have problems with my elbows, I rarely if ever did isolation work on bis/tris, certainly never using heavy weights. So for the next few power days, I'm dropping off the arm work to see how my left elbow feels about the change.
  • nossmf
    Options
    Half Marathon on Saturday

Best of luck! I used to dream of completing a marathon, or at least a half, back when I ran 5k's for fun in my school days. Afraid those dreams disappeared a couple decades ago for me, so I'll just live vicariously through people like you, thanks very much! lol
  • RunningGirlKC
    Options
    nossmf wrote: »
    Half Marathon on Saturday

Best of luck! I used to dream of completing a marathon, or at least a half, back when I ran 5k's for fun in my school days. Afraid those dreams disappeared a couple decades ago for me, so I'll just live vicariously through people like you, thanks very much! lol

Thank you!!! It’s the last one 😂 I said that last time too
  • williamsonmj1
    williamsonmj1 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Upper Power

Bench Press 5x5
    Cable Row 5x5
    DB Press <superset> DB Row 5x5
    Seated BB OHP 3x5

Had a revelation overnight when I realized that throughout my powerlifting days, when I didn't have problems with my elbows, I rarely if ever did isolation work on bis/tris, certainly never using heavy weights. So for the next few power days, I'm dropping off the arm work to see how my left elbow feels about the change.

What kind of pain is it? I had golfers' elbow for a couple of years and it got to a point where even resting it for weeks didn't do anything. Forearm work, especially wrist curls, fixed it completely.
  • williamsonmj1
    Options
    Yesterday did a 30 minute run on the treadmill. Felt great but kept it short because wanted to be fresh for lifting.

Today was weights:
    1. Warmup
    2. Barbell back squats - 5x5
    3. Dips- 5x7
    4. Chinups- 5x6
    5. Deadlifts- 5x3
    I was thinking about doing more but this was so nice and simple, I didn't want to ruin it. And I am just trying to limit lifting volume while I am running more *and* on a significant deficit. But it all felt great today. Now I am betting used to back squats again these all felt smooth and easy.

Big changes coming up that will affect workouts and diet. I have been based in West Africa for the last three years. At the end of the week I am moving to a new posting in Thailand (in Bangkok). This will mean way better gyms and food options, although also more tempting to over-eat or drink. There is a fight gym over the road from where I will be staying, so I might also start taking Muay Thai and BJJ classes. That would replace cardio and probably most lifting, if I do it.
  • RunningGirlKC
    Options
    Back/Biceps
    - One Arm Dumbbell Row 3x10
    - Pull Ups (Assisted) 3x8-10
    - Hyperextensions 3x12
    - Alternated Hammer Curl 3x10
    - Barbell Curl 3x8 - preloaded bar

Cardio - 30 minutes - Dreadmill - 10 incline, low to med speed (focus on stride length)
  • nossmf
    Options
    Lower Power

Rack Pull 5x5
    BB Hip Thrust 5x5
    One-Leg Press 5x5
    Cable Crunch 4x10
  • nossmf
    Options
    What kind of pain is it? I had golfers' elbow for a couple of years and it got to a point where even resting it for weeks didn't do anything. Forearm work, especially wrist curls, fixed it completely.

Last November I developed pain in my right elbow which I determined to be tennis elbow-like, swore off lifting completely for about 4 months, elbow has been right as rain ever since. But a few weeks back my left elbow started showing the same early symptoms. I'm really loathe to stop lifting completely again, so I've been investigating possible sources of the pain and modifications I can make to my lifting regimen to work around the issue without stopping cold turkey. The pain has been receding, so hopefully whatever I've been doing has been working.
  • williamsonmj1
    Options

Last November I developed pain in my right elbow which I determined to be tennis elbow-like, swore off lifting completely for about 4 months, elbow has been right as rain ever since. But a few weeks back my left elbow started showing the same early symptoms. I'm really loathe to stop lifting completely again, so I've been investigating possible sources of the pain and modifications I can make to my lifting regimen to work around the issue without stopping cold turkey. The pain has been receding, so hopefully whatever I've been doing has been working.

Good luck with it!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,187 Member
    Options
    I cancelled rowing today: We had snow (some of which actually stuck) and temperatures several degrees below freezing. The rowing itself might've been OK (though risky), but group-carrying a roughly 150 pound boat on an icy dock isn't very fun or safe.

I did get in an easy effort 30 minute stationary bike ride, 3 minute cool down. Bike said 102W average including CD, theoretically 8.62 miles at 15.5mph, more Z2 than Z3 (and nothing above).

I also did my usually-unmentioned random stuff like side leg raises, squat holds, and some shoulder-opening stretches throughout the day.

Yesterday, my only exercise-ish activity was a walk with a friend for about 3 miles on the local trail system, mostly along a river and around a lake.